Page 1 of 165 (2473 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 258,030
QCA Admin Posted: Mon, Feb 11 2013 7:30 AM | Locked

Hello,

Because this thread has become so popular, and receives so many replies (which can sometimes cause performance issues), we will continually add new "versions."

The most recent posts in What are you up to today? #6 are here.

The original thread was started by Spudgrandma back on August 19, 2009.

Thanks,

QCA Mandy

• | Post Points: 230
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,606
Points 52,025
Ginny replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 7:50 AM | Locked

Wow, thank you, QCA Mandy    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:20 AM | Locked

Okay girls,

The beetroot cake was okay but nothing fab, next time i will do the chocolate and beetroot, however we all loved the Pineapple and courgette cake that was really nice.

Most brits use weighing scales for recipes my preference pounds and ounces however these days any new recipes i get seems to be metric Yuck.

The beetroot cake is very pink when it goes in the oven but not very when it comes out.

Thank you Qca mandy for starting a new thread for us.

We had snow last night anyone want it i can send it your way im thinking of sending it up to Leslie in Yorkshire she would like it.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:23 AM | Locked

Gini,

Its okay you eating a bit of cake and toasting me on retreat however i dont drink any alcohol with me goes into the baking not in a glass.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,499
Points 417,339
gini replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:29 AM | Locked

oh goody, i dibs frances's share of the bubbly.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 11:12 AM | Locked

Whoo-hoo! Check out the shiney new thread!

Sprout is being a cling-on today. I've been up and about for 3 hours and so far I've eaten a cookie, drunk half a cup of cold coffee and started sorting the laundry.... At this rate, I might get a load into the washer before midnight.  He seems happy enough to sit on my lap for now so maybe if I type fast I can offer you all Monday Greetings...

I'm very curious about the beet cake. I've seen recipes for Sour Crout cake and Bean cake but never for beet cake.

DD spent yesterday making her BF a quilted Valentine's Day card. She raided my fabric stash, my button stash, my bead stash... I told her she had to put everything away when she was through. She assured me she would.    ... You can guess what I'll be doing over the next few days. I think she managed to spread everything over the entire house and half the yard! And in the courxse of the project, she also ignored her chores. *sigh* Teenagers...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 11:43 AM | Locked

CC, my sincerest apologizes for yesterdays attach of your name/names. I was just giddy, I guess.

Jim awole yesterday with this big swollen jaw. Went to the dentist this a.m, Spent 2 hours. He had to have a root canal. The dentist said the tooth was very, very infected. Won't go into the gory deails. They did the root canal. Now that he has feeling again, he is once more in terrible pain. Poor guy. I feel so bad for him.

Well, all the bad guys are in jail today. Seems one guy owned two guys  money. When they showed up to collect, guns were drawn and all were shooting. When the smoke cleared, three people were shot. 4 in custody, well ,two are in custody in the hosp. with head wounds. Lots of excitment. Everyone in town thought there was a mass murderer among us. Word travels fast here.  Best of all Stacy, the sheriff, got his 15 mins in front of the WSB TV cameras. So, all is well that ends well. Stacy just loved those cameras. He probalby called WSB himself!

Off to the Librayr and drug store. terrible rainy, thundry day. Not great for errands.

Sorry again, CC. Have a great day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,606
Points 52,025
Ginny replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 1:16 PM | Locked

Well, I just spent almost 3 hours waiting for the serviceman to get my wireless internet and phone hooked up

Saturday was the baby shower for my DGD  I am going to try to post a picture of the quilt I made on here.  Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 2:13 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

CC, my sincerest apologizes for yesterdays attach of your name/names. I was just giddy, I guess.

No need to apologize Sukochi. I don't mind your playing. I told DH that you'd changed his name to "Stiff Snow" and he laughed. He says he's been accused of being cold a time or two but that's the first time anyone has dubbed him glacial...then the conversation drifted off in another direction.

Hope Jim makes a fast and complete recovery. Root canals are no fun.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,606
Points 52,025
Ginny replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 3:02 PM | Locked

Well, still no success to post pictures online, but I have bigger news-WE HAVE A BABY BOY!   All I know so far is that he weighs 7# 5 oz.    Whooo hoo.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 140
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 3:13 PM | Locked

Oh, congrat on that new baby, Ginny.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 3:16 PM | Locked

It's a typical Monday here in Nebraska.  Sun is shining for us.  We didn't get the snowfall that came Sat into Sunday.  Need the moisture though.  Still, I'm not going to complain about 40 degree weather. 

Need to start a baby quilt very, very soon.  Grandbaby # 9 is due April 6th.  It is a little girl so that makes the decisions easier to pick out materials.  Between the b.ball games (which are coming to an end very soon), chiropractor appts and now, prom dress shopping my days are full.  Son #2 has an appt  the 1st through 3rd of April in Sioux Falls to have a new prosthetic eye made so will have a chance to go to a quilt shop that I LOVE, Heirloom Creations!!!  Haven't been there for going on 8 yrs or so.  Very much looking forward to that. 

Am also looking forward to the warmer days of spring and the hubby planting the crops.  There is nothing like the smell of the earth being turned over and seeing all the green sprouts emerge from the ground.  Makes you stop and say, " this is what God wants us to do!!"

Hope everyone is having fun with their quilting projects!  Hope to be back soon to the forums on a little more regular basis!

Happy quilting!!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 3:30 PM | Locked

Ginny

Fantastic.  Hope Mom and baby are both doing well.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 200
penny6105 replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 3:43 PM | Locked

Congrats on the new baby boy Ginny. Being a grandma is so much fun.

Mine are now all grown up.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 3:45 PM | Locked

gini:
i dibs frances's share of the bubbly.

Oh, poo, you beat me.  My thinking is that since my leg is longer, I can probably handle it better than you.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 65
Page 1 of 165 (2473 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use