Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 112 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 110 111 112 113 114 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sun, May 19 2013 6:39 PM | Locked

This is the link to the patterns I used for the small and large bags...the small ones are Letty's Little Bag, and the large one is just called Letty's Bag.

Karla:

www.robinquiltsetc.com  Letty's Bag

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Sun, May 19 2013 8:05 PM | Locked

Karla, I went on line and ordered the bag pattern.  She has let me know that it will be shipped tomorrow.  Thanks for sharing your info.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sun, May 19 2013 10:16 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Karla, I went on line and ordered the bag pattern.  She has let me know that it will be shipped tomorrow.  Thanks for sharing your info.    Ginny

You're very welcome, Ginny.  I would have purchased you one at my LQS and sent it to you, but they were all out.  I think this is a very popular bag as it should be.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 385
Grams replied on Mon, May 20 2013 2:42 AM | Locked

I actually managed to finish a quilt!  

• | Post Points: 125
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 345
contra85 replied on Mon, May 20 2013 3:49 AM | Locked

I work on quilts every day for no more than 2 hours in the morning. Doing this, i have completed at least 6 projects, and am well on my way starting 6 more !

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 345
contra85 replied on Mon, May 20 2013 3:50 AM | Locked

Beautiful !

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 615
Points 11,735
Michelle replied on Mon, May 20 2013 6:58 AM | Locked

love it!

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, May 20 2013 8:47 AM | Locked

Just got the time to skim quickly over 1 weeks posts.  Love all the quilts.  Don't have time now to comment on each one.  I got time this weekend to finally work on MQ8 and got the borders ready to attach.  Added the first, then one strip of muslin for 2nd.  When I got to the first seam of the second border strip, I discovered I was sewing it on back-to-front.  If I had continued, the piecing seams would have been on top!!!  I quit sewing then and got to frogging.  Border is pinned the right way now and will soon be sewn on so I can finish the top TODAY!!!.  Finally I will be able to get a picture.

My main project is a fun one but also a rush one.  I am making quilts for grandson and grandnephew who will be roommates in college in the Fall.  I spent most of yesterday cutting out 6" squares of the Backyard Bandits fabrics.  The quilts will be a 36 x 40 deer panel surrounded by Attic Windows of the Backyard Bandits and other wildlife fabrics (sort of an I Spy quilt for adults).  Both boys are hunters, so I decided they needed matching quilts for their dorm beds.  I have been making extra-long twin quilts for all the grandchildren who are graduating in the next few years.  Most of grandnieces and grandnephews will not get these quilts - too many for me to get finished for all their graduations, but this grandnephew is the lucky one because he is so close which grandson.  The boys have been like brothers since they were 9.  Hope to start Attic Windows blocks today.  Still waiting for a few more fabrics to arrive so that I have enough blocks.  These are going to be expensive quilts even though some of the fabrics were on sale.  Usually I quilt just with sale fabrics, so the expense of these fabrics was a shock, but you have to do something special once in a while.  Hope I can at least get the tops done by their graduation.  Then on to quilting 2 large quilts before college starts.

I need a large photo session very soon - many wheelchair quilts, MQ 8 and these 2 wildlife quilts!  I have been slipping in the photo department.  Luckily I have today free to catch up on the sewing - - - it is so sunny today with predictions of the low 80s.  I should take the pictures, but need to sew instead.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Mon, May 20 2013 9:21 AM | Locked

Thanks for thinking of me.  It has got to be a favorite.  Guess I'll have to talk to my LQS about it.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Mon, May 20 2013 9:21 AM | Locked

Really cute quilt.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Mon, May 20 2013 9:23 AM | Locked

What is this?  Every time I think about someone who hasn't been on for a while, they show up.  Glad to hear from you Marsha.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,600
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, May 20 2013 11:21 AM | Locked

Grams:

I actually managed to finish a quilt!  

Grams, this is very pretty. I like the design of the blocks.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Mon, May 20 2013 11:24 AM | Locked

grams, love your quilt

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Mon, May 20 2013 1:35 PM | Locked

Finished another Letty's Bag this morning and got the eyes sewn on several chickens.  Here is a picture of this weekends projects and then I've got to go out and so some more yard work.  Seems like it is never done as the weeds grow faster than I can pull them.

The chicken on the far right is the one I made in Branson.  The one on the far left is the smallest one as I tried to scale them down a bit so they wouldn't take so much of the crushed walnut shells to fill them.  It was too small in that I spent much too much time trying to turn it right side out.  The four in the middle are the size I have decided on.  My neighbor saw them and immediately ordered 3 of them for her nieces, LOL.  Letty's Bag was easier to do this time, even though I still had problems cutting the pieces the right size, too many senior moments and in too much of a hurry, I think.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
sekalaj replied on Mon, May 20 2013 2:31 PM | Locked

Very beautiful! Jeannie

Page 112 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 110 111 112 113 114 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use