Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 106 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 104 105 106 107 108 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,188
Points 15,900
Susan replied on Sat, May 11 2013 9:48 PM | Locked

Karla, Beautiful purse, Its my favorite so far.

Elizabeth, What a sweet story! Your quilt is just perfect for what it is intended for. 

Pat, I wish that were mine! Love the pattern and the colors!       

Carol, Cute ! I like the border!                    Everyone has been busy !               Susan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 11 2013 9:48 PM | Locked

Pat Lancaster:

I finished the quilt for DS and DDIL.

Pat, your quilt is beautiful!  Thanks for supplying the pattern name.   Did you buy a kit or purchase Hoffman fabrics of your own choosing?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sat, May 11 2013 9:55 PM | Locked

Bonita, it is my favorite, too, although it was a lot more work than the small ones.

I sent them to a craft fair at the Middle School with my oldest grandson.  None of them sold, so the poor kid didn't make any money, but there were more sellers than buyers and most were in the 13-15 year old range. One lady did order 2 in a Halloween print for grandchildren, said they would make good trick or treat bags from grandma.  Glad I have some Halloween fabric in my stash left from when I made trick or treat bags for the grandsons, and at least I won't have to buy anything.

I really just needed a bunch of smaller projects so I could feel like I accomplished something, but our little town has several craft fairs in November at the various schools and the senior center so I'll probably take them there, along with others I have made through the years.  My DGS wants to sell the survivor bracelets he makes, so I'll get the table and let him sell...since they won't let a 14-year old have the space by himself.

I really like the ones you made, Bonita.  They're a lot of fun to make, aren't they?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,929
gini replied on Sat, May 11 2013 11:06 PM | Locked

karla, i love your purses.  now, why didn't we get a lesson at the retreat for these??  huh??  we could have used them to carry our chickens. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,929
gini replied on Sat, May 11 2013 11:08 PM | Locked

elizabeth, your heart quilt is really cute. love the quilting.  how is that little featherweight working out for you?

pat, your quilt is beautiful   

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,929
gini replied on Sat, May 11 2013 11:08 PM | Locked

cute baby quilt, carol

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Sat, May 11 2013 11:20 PM | Locked

Gini

Maybe Karla could just bring each of us a purse to the Oregon retreat........LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,929
gini replied on Sun, May 12 2013 12:27 AM | Locked

Nana:

Gini

Maybe Karla could just bring each of us a purse to the Oregon retreat........LOL

great idea, nana,   karla, my favorite color is red    :  )    

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Sun, May 12 2013 8:41 AM | Locked

Boy Carol, you're right on the ball!  Beautiful quilt and 3 weeks early!  I love it, it's so colorful and cheery, good job!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sun, May 12 2013 8:45 AM | Locked

elizabeth, your heart quilt is really cute. love the quilting.  how is that little featherweight working out for you?

[/quote][quote user="gini"]

I LOVE my featherweight.  This quilt is completely piece on the featherweight since we made in in class.  One women inn class said her featherweight did not like aurifil but miner is fine with it.  did have to play with the tension but now its fine.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, May 12 2013 1:00 PM | Locked

Nana:

Wow, I'm glad I'm signed up for that retreat!  I think navy and red would coordinate with my wardrobe.

Gini, are you back home now?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,261
Points 28,525
Agnes replied on Sun, May 12 2013 1:12 PM | Locked

Oh yes, I'm working on quilts. I'm just churning them out at a fairly decent pace. They're one block, no piecing, and all of 9" across. Here's one, only the tip of the iceberg.

Karla--You're totes are all lovely.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 46,580
Pat Lancaster replied on Sun, May 12 2013 7:25 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Pat, your quilt is beautiful!  Thanks for supplying the pattern name.   Did you buy a kit or purchase Hoffman fabrics of your own choosing?

Thank you Nancy, and everyone else who liked my quilt. As I said I hated to give it away. It was in American Patchwork and Quilting, April 2009.  By the time I decided to do it there were no kits available. I started hunting on line and found a store in Tampa, about 50 miles away, that still had the line. I went up there and got most of the fabric. I had to substitute some because they didn't have everything. I ended up not using any of the substitutes. Last year when I finally had the nerve to cut that gorgeous, expensive fabric I was able to determine exactly what I needed. I spent quite a while in a local shop and found one piece that worked quite well. The last fabric needed was found online in a Canadian quilt shop. I called them and asked the lady to actually look at the fabric because I couldn't tell if it was green or blue. She sent me the fabric and I only ended up with one non-Hoffman fabric. It was a great pattern and fantastic fabric. I think it is probably the best work I have done at this point in time.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,470
Points 116,790
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, May 12 2013 7:36 PM | Locked

Pat, your quilt is really lovely. It is hard to give away something you work so hard on and that turns out so well.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,034
Points 15,815
weezee56 replied on Sun, May 12 2013 10:38 PM | Locked

Pat Lancaster:
It is "Sea Glass" designed by Nancy Mahoney,

Great colors, very pretty.

Page 106 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 104 105 106 107 108 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use