Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 103 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 101 102 103 104 105 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,667
Points 65,685
Bonita replied on Wed, May 8 2013 8:44 PM | Locked

Pretty purse Karla, They are fun to make.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Wed, May 8 2013 8:49 PM | Locked

Karla, really like your purse

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,355
ls2116 replied on Wed, May 8 2013 9:44 PM | Locked

Weezee very pretty baby quilt!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,017
Points 15,535
weezee56 replied on Thu, May 9 2013 12:18 AM | Locked

Karla:
I did make a cute little purse.
Great purse, I love the colors on your purse, blue is my favorite.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,017
Points 15,535
weezee56 replied on Thu, May 9 2013 12:42 AM | Locked

I have been quilting another Sleeping Bear baby quilt. I started this one before I retired in Oct 2012. A co-worker and his wife were expexting their first baby. So I pieced the top of a purple quilt first, they had a boy after I retired, so I made them a green one. I never finished the purple one. I'm trying to take care if some UFO's. I would really like to make several baby and doll quilts and try to sell them at a craft show in the fall. I've never done that before. I have all DGS's and NO DGD's. Oh well maybe someday.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:29 AM | Locked

Very pretty purse Karla, love the fabrics!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, May 9 2013 10:59 AM | Locked

Great purse, Karla!  It reminds me of that "Pockets A-Plenty" bag that Darlene showed us in Branson.  I don't think that had grommets though.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, May 9 2013 11:43 AM | Locked

I made another one after taking the boys to TaeKwonDo last night.  They are pretty quick to make, but the grommets are rather expensive.  Here's a picture of the 2nd one.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, May 9 2013 12:02 PM | Locked

weezee56:
I have all DGS's and NO DGD's. Oh well maybe someday.

Me too, Weezee, 4 grandsons and not a granddaughter in sight.  Sigh.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Thu, May 9 2013 12:39 PM | Locked

Seems like all l'm doing is quilting in spite of my machines taking turns going into the shop. In the last week I've made 4 baby quilts and I'm finishing up another  (the 3rd I think) for the retreat project in AZ. I have another for  them ready to put on the machine but have to rip out the 3 squares I've already done when the machine had to go to the shop. And I'm on my very last mini quilt for the Amish retreat....at last!! I'm seeing those in my sleep!

My first quilting guild meeting is on Monday. I've started an Ohio chapter of Reap What You Sew, the large guild I belong to in Phoenix. They are so excited and are praying for success. I've had several phone call and a couple friends said they've had people asking about it. So I'm praying for a good turn out. I've already given the organization that our quilts will go to 2 quilts. Our quilts will go to Akron Childrens' and Rainbow Babies' Hospitals. One of my quilts went to an 8 mo. old boy who was going home for the very first time. That touched my heart and I prayed for that little boy. I just feel this is where God is leading me. It makes me feel at peace.

Hugs.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,845
Jenia replied on Thu, May 9 2013 3:23 PM | Locked

I did, I did, I did work on a quilt yesterday...and it was a special event because my new Barnetts Laptop Square Hoop arrived!  I highly recommend this hoop!

What I accomplished in 10 minutes last night using the hoop, took me 30 minutes the night before (hoopless)!  I was able to sit on the couch in the living room with Jim and get out of my hole!  Also the lap position helped with a nagging back ache I develop when working at my sewing desk.  I'm so excited to see how much I can accommplish tonight with the entire night dedicated to sewing using my new hoop.

I could even actually watch the movie instead of just listening to it in the background!  It's so comfortable quilting on the couch I might just become a couch-yam.  Much like the couch-potato, but also making art while tapping that root!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,667
Points 65,685
Bonita replied on Thu, May 9 2013 5:33 PM | Locked

Another pretty purse Karla, What do you use to make it so stiff?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Thu, May 9 2013 5:43 PM | Locked

Jenia, your post leaves me very encouraged!  That lap hoop is very similar to this one that Michelle showed me http://jeansimpressions.com/ but Jean's is round.  Do you find a benefit to having a squared off hoop as opposed to a round one?  The Aunt Becky tool looks REALLY interesting... I don't suppose you've tried that too and can report on it!  :o)

Has anyone out there used that Aunt Becky tool?

Thank you so much for sharing!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Thu, May 9 2013 5:49 PM | Locked

Karla, great job on those purses!  They're really cute.

I've learned to cut the holes for the grommets a little smaller than the template suggests.  It's much easier to make a hole bigger than smaller!  They all pulled off of one bag I made and I had to decrease the size of the hole... not pretty. Joann's carries the grommets in both sizes and those 50% off coupons make them much more affordable!  I found some really cheap in the craft section at Tuesday Morning one time and bought up a bunch of them.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,845
Jenia replied on Thu, May 9 2013 6:41 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
Do you find a benefit to having a squared off hoop as opposed to a round one? 

Hi Debbie - the only thing I can compare this to is the flimsy cheapo balsa-wood round hoop that I have used on the last 3 and first 3 quilts I have ever made.  I wanted the square option because I thought it would be the most comparable to a quilting frame.  I don't want some huge thing that takes up the entire room, and I really enjoy working in my lap.  I think the square option gives you more working area (like square inch) compared to the round and yet takes up the same room on your lap.  I don't know the specific geometry of it all, but that's what the mathematician in my head thinks any way.

I did purchase a quilting "spoon" but haven't even tried it yet.  I'm not sure if it's similar to the Aunt Becky thing.  The spoon just looked so easy on the video, but i haven't needed it just yet.  Someday I hope that I can say it makes everything go perfectly and takes away all possibility of errors.  haha

Page 103 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 101 102 103 104 105 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use