Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 101 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 99 100 101 102 103 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, May 4 2013 9:42 PM | Locked

Max this is a lovely quilt. You put lots of thoughts in it. That lady will surely appreciate the quilt even though she might not be able to express it.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, May 4 2013 9:53 PM | Locked

Agnes, I like your mug rugs. So nice and springy.  It might just bring back some sun around here...lol

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, May 4 2013 9:54 PM | Locked

Marge those are very nice mini quilts. I love the watering can filled with flowers.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, May 4 2013 9:56 PM | Locked

Elizabeth, you did a great job designing and quilting your quilt. Your label is filled with live too.  I like your quilting design.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, May 4 2013 9:58 PM | Locked

Elizabeth, your QOV looks great.  I really like how the blue sets off your blocks.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, May 4 2013 10:00 PM | Locked

Patricia Faye your quilt looks great. As a first try with thirst, you did a wonderful job.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, May 4 2013 10:06 PM | Locked

Weezee, this is a beautiful quilt. I think that if you want to use the piano keys you need a narro border to define what is the quilt and what is the border. Otherwise it all blends.  Your piano keys look very good.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, May 4 2013 10:09 PM | Locked

Nice block Donna.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, May 4 2013 10:28 PM | Locked

I have been working on a UFO. I started quilting is last fall and finally decided to finish it so I can find a home for it. 

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,606
Points 119,250
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, May 5 2013 9:05 AM | Locked

Like Jacy, I'm easily distracted by new projects. I picked this pattern up at Sew Expo last year with the intention of it being for my Great Grandchild hope chest. Yesterday morning I was doing some cleaning in my room and came across the pattern. Got the urge, big urge, to start it. It's called Lollipop Hill by Reets Rags to Stitches.

So, instead of doing things I should be doing, like getting ready for our trip to my sisters, I started pulling fabrics. Stacks and stacks of fabrics. Here's  the top row. It's not appliqued yet, just laid in place. This is a super fun project. Can't wait to get home in a few days and continue to work on it. Gotta get moving, we're supposed to be on the road in a couple hours.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,381
Points 175,183
Marie replied on Sun, May 5 2013 9:51 AM | Locked

This is absolutely adorable Judy!  Wish I had your energy.  Have a great time at your sisters!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,606
Points 119,250
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, May 5 2013 10:24 AM | Locked

Marie:
This is absolutely adorable Judy!  Wish I had your energy.  Have a great time at your sisters!

Thanks Marie. Not sure about energy (obsession maybe?). I do know that it's my way to relax, escape, drop out and ignore housework.

I'm not real crazy about the middle row of the pattern. I love the lollipops but not the appliqued hill they are supposed to be on. I am so not a ric rac person. I'm going to play around with something different for the lollipops to stick out of. I thought of piecing some blocks to make a hill but the rest of the pattern is very homey, imperfect like a child's drawing. I don't know if pieced precision would really work.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, May 5 2013 10:49 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
I'm not real crazy about the middle row of the pattern. I love the lollipops but not the appliqued hill they are supposed to be on. I am so not a ric rac person. I'm going to play around with something different for the lollipops to stick out of. I thought of piecing some blocks to make a hill but the rest of the pattern is very homey, imperfect like a child's drawing.

Hi Judy T...what a great pattern!  

I agree about the rick-rack hill.  What about doing raw-edge applique grass- like an un-mown field.  I would think fairly large "swords" of grass with the lollipops sticking out would work nicely with the rest of the quilt.

I look forward to seeing what you do with this.

Have fun with your sisters. 

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,606
Points 119,250
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, May 5 2013 12:17 PM | Locked

Donna B:

Judy T-Bellingham:
I'm not real crazy about the middle row of the pattern. Ilove the lollipops but not the appliqued hill they are supposed to be on. I am so not a ric rac person. I'm going to play around with something different for the lollipops to stick out of. I thought of piecing some blocks to make a hill but the rest of the pattern is very homey, imperfect like a child's drawing.

Hi Judy T...what a great pattern!  

I agree about the rick-rack hill.  What about doing raw-edge applique grass- like an un-mown field.  I would think fairly large "swords" of grass with the lollipops sticking out would work nicely with the rest of the quilt.

I look forward to seeing what you do with this.

Have fun with your sisters. 

Donna. I love that suggestion. Thank you so much. Perfect. Posting this from my iPhone so having trouble quoting just part. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Sun, May 5 2013 1:00 PM | Locked

That's very cute Judy, I like your blue elephant.

And it's good to know I'm not the only easily distracted quilter out there.

Page 101 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 99 100 101 102 103 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use