Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 100 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,800
Jacy replied on Sat, May 4 2013 10:00 AM | Locked

Susan :
Now I am going to work on UFOs.

Susan, and any others working on UFO's....did you know we have a UFO group. It's been kind of quiet over there but we are trying to finish a UFO each month. We'd love to see your UFO's and your progress on them. I have so many UFO's I don't think I'll ever get to the end of them, since I keep getting sidetracked by new projects!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Sat, May 4 2013 10:27 AM | Locked

Jacy:
.did you know we have a UFO group.
               Thanks Jacy, I will check it out  and maybe they can motivate me to finish them.     Susan

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Sat, May 4 2013 10:47 AM | Locked

did my Amy Gibson BOM today.  It is called "Love Letters" and was pretty easy.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sat, May 4 2013 10:57 AM | Locked

Donna:

Donna - I like this block, will have to look for it.  I can see it in red, white and blue.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, May 4 2013 11:46 AM | Locked

Y'all I can't find where FMQ was discussed about need gloves for fabric control. Could someone tell me what to do? I tried without anything to move the fabric and that just doesn't work for me. HELP! I love Matilda, but I don't know how to work some of her parts. I can't even figure out how the thread the machine to wind a bobbin!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Sat, May 4 2013 11:58 AM | Locked

Here ya go!  There may be other tips on this site you can use.

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/us/ca/en/faq/faqh/000000/000400/000036/faqh000436_000.html?reg=us&c=ca&lang=en&prod=hf_nx450qeus&Cat=53

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Sat, May 4 2013 12:14 PM | Locked

If you go to Amys blog it is there.  Stitchery Dickory Dock

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, May 4 2013 12:57 PM | Locked

Thanks, Debbie-Do but, I have my manual that shows HOW to thread the bobbin. However, I still can't figure it out.  Pam will show me on the 17th. Luckily I already was using the bobins that Matilda takes, so have plenty wound for right now. Was just trying to do it.

IT doesn't say if I need the feed dogs up or down for stitching in the ditch quilting with the walking foot. Do you have a clue?

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, May 4 2013 12:57 PM | Locked

Sukochi

I use the F&P Quilting Grip gloves and get them at Joann's with the coupon. I really like them, they are very lightweight, inexpensive and make FMQ so much easier. Not the F&P machiners gloves which are bulkier and more expensive.  I know some use garden gloves with the rubber grips and those would work. I like the F&P gloves because they are so light and fit snuggly. With the coupon at Joanns I think I only paid about $2.50, they are regularly $4.99

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Sat, May 4 2013 1:43 PM | Locked

Sukochi, when doing stitch in a ditch you want your feed dogs up.  As for gloves, I've tried the F&P gloves that look kind of like gardening gloves and they were too hot and bulky.  I absolutely LOVE my Machingers gloves http://www.daystyledesigns.com/machingers.htm  .  They are a close fit and pretty cool to wear, you can even thread a needle with them on.  Check around for cheaper prices.  I got mine at a quilt shop for around $8.  Check her sizing guide too.  I thought I'd need a large and ended up buying a small.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,743
Marie replied on Sat, May 4 2013 2:03 PM | Locked

Donna:

It's beautiful Donna!  I have her class, just haven't started it yet.  Can't decide on fabrics, any suggestions?  I wish I had bought the group she used.  I have so much stash I couldn't bring myself to buy any more fabric.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 4 2013 4:32 PM | Locked

weezee56:

I have been working on a baby quilt, my first log cabin and I need help. I need to know which border to use.

Good job on your first log cabin, Weezee!  I hope to try one of these very soon!  I hope I'm not too late to weigh in on the border.  I love the piano keys.  I think the dark green is too heavy.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 4 2013 4:33 PM | Locked

Donna:

Nice block, Donna.  Is this a free BOM?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 4 2013 4:42 PM | Locked

I sort of worked on a quilt today.  I spent the morning running to quilt shops to see if I could get more red Moda Marbles for my MQ8 border.  Nope, and there is no tint number printed on the selvage to match it to Marbles at online shops.  It's impossible to match shades through a computer screen.  This one has a copyright of 1997, so I'd guess it came out with a Christmas line at that time - it's got that true red look.

Anyhow, I then spent the afternoon pulling fabrics from my stash to see what I could make work.  I found something that I think I'll be happy with, but it will be a plain jane border amongst the fancy borders coming out of the MQ group.  Have those of you not already involved in it visited the group recently to see the mystery revealed? Nana came up with a cool quilt design for us. 

MQ8 reveal

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sat, May 4 2013 9:06 PM | Locked

Weezie, I love the piano keys.  I used piano keys on the log cabin I just finished.

Page 100 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use