Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 98 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 96 97 98 99 100 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Wed, May 1 2013 10:19 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
I really like the  King Tut thread for quilting.

Judy I agree.  I pretty much only use Aurifil and King Tut.  I do like Alex Andersons line as well.  As I only use these two brands I can adjust my tension on Miss Jewel very quickly

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 16,125
Patricia Faye replied on Wed, May 1 2013 10:36 AM | Locked

I finished up the tee-shirt quilt for my 9 yr old nephew for his birthday.  This was my first attempt working with tee-shirts.  Not so bad.  These were 10" blocks.  Waiting on "hair band" tee-shirts from my daughter for a kingsize quilt, but will do them in 12" squares to ensure I get all the logo on each.   ("hair band - aka rock band concert tee shirts...I had to ask my daughter to explain what that is!)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,383
Points 115,335
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, May 1 2013 10:50 AM | Locked

Wow, Patricia, the Tshirt quilt turned out great. Did you use any kind of stabilizer or did you just sew the Tshirt fabrics together. I've never worked with Tshirts.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Wed, May 1 2013 1:08 PM | Locked

Pat Lancaster:
Marge P - your wall hangings are very cute. Somewhere  I have a set, I think #5. I only did about three of them, I was very disappointed in the fabrics that came with most of them. I loved the original fabrics, but the selections the quilt shop made didn't suit me. I also wasn't thrilled when I figured out what these cost me. OUCH! I won't do another BOM unless I strike oil in my backyard. LOL. I am in the process of moving my sewing room so maybe I'll find these kits and get back to doing them.

Thanks Pat, and yes you are right, they are spendy.  I also didn't like a few of the quilt shop fabric selections so changed the December "aqua" tree to a green one - I love the black border on the June Strawberry one.  The pattern showed a light fabric and I was happy with the substitution.  Anyway, only 3 to go and they will be history.  Good luck on finding yours.  I know how that goes. LOL

I have a wedding quilt promised also - signed blocks by the wedding guests - Lisa and Bob will have their 4th anniversary in August!   Guess I better get with it!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Wed, May 1 2013 1:11 PM | Locked

Elizabeth - love both of your quilts but especially the Pin Wheel one - great layout and nice quilting.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Wed, May 1 2013 1:14 PM | Locked

Patricia Faye - great job on the T-shirt quilt.  I would like to do one with all my favorite T-shirts instead of just dumping them.  I have a few that seem to have gotten  too small and this way I would at least get to look at them.  Between Seattle Mariner's and country singers plus Neil Diamond, it would hold a lot of memories.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,466
Points 46,395
Pat Lancaster replied on Thu, May 2 2013 6:31 AM | Locked

Marge P I found my Patchabilities without looking for them. LOL. I was working on the quilt for my DIL & DS and realized that I needed to wash the binding fabric and had to hunt for it.  Since I am moving everything back into my sewing room it was packed up. I found the wallhanging kits and I found the binding in the next to last box. Patience is a virtue they say. BTW, my son informed me last night that they already had their 3rd anniversary so I am trying to finish before their 4th. Sheesh. Barring something unforseen I should finish the quilting today.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, May 2 2013 8:43 AM | Locked

I have had a quilt on the frame for over a month. Barely started.  I am waiting for the quilt police to come and beat me about the head and shoulders.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Thu, May 2 2013 10:26 AM | Locked

Not yet, because I haven't finished "unsewing" the mess I made with the last quilt on the frame.  Maybe after today's yard work, need to get some more soil for the raised garden and get the veggies planted, I'll be able to finish the frogging and get the quilt remounted.  Oh well, it will get done one of these days.  I need to get the other 20 or so mounted and quilted...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,696
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Thu, May 2 2013 11:25 AM | Locked

Agnes

Beautiful mug rugs.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,696
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Thu, May 2 2013 11:28 AM | Locked

Elizabeth

Your pinwheel quilt is gorgeous and a wonderful job on the quilting.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 988
Points 14,985
weezee56 replied on Thu, May 2 2013 1:54 PM | Locked

Hi All

I have been working on a baby quilt, my first log cabin and I need help. I need to know which border to use. Here are pictures of the quilt on the design wall 1. and 2 with a piano border on the right and a green border on the left. I already have the piano border sewn on but will take it off if you all think it looks bad.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 988
Points 14,985
weezee56 replied on Thu, May 2 2013 1:59 PM | Locked

The picture does show piano border. I will try to repost a better view. I turned it upsode down. see if it comes out okay.

Now piano left, green right.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Thu, May 2 2013 1:59 PM | Locked

I love your quilt, beautiful job.  I like the green border as it is less busy and lets the blanket pattern be the focus.  However, I think they would both work.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Thu, May 2 2013 2:00 PM | Locked

Weezee, this is a lovely quilt either way.  I am partial to piano key borders.  I think they add to the quilt.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 98 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 96 97 98 99 100 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use