Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 96 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 94 95 96 97 98 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 5:37 PM | Locked

I finished MQ8 with the first narrow border, now I'm sitting here trying to decide if the fabric I originally chose will look OK on it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 2:01 AM | Locked

I finished the bindings on a couple of the Mini quilts.  Here is a picture of the April, May and June mini quilts.  Temporarily I am caught up :-)  The one for July has kind of a beach scene that doesn't thrill me too much.  Not sure what the August one is and the September one is a pumpkin theme.  Three out of the 12 months have pumpkins and I thinks my set is "Patchabilities 4".  They are apparently having problems coming up with patterns????

• | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 2:05 AM | Locked

Max - your "texture" quilt turned out great.  I am sure it will be very much appreciated by the lady you made it for.  You do some really wonderful  things for folks.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,286
Points 173,448
Marie replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 8:23 AM | Locked

Very pretty Marge.  I'd like to do some mini quilts to display one of these days.  I keep looking but haven't found one currently that I'd like.  I love the one's that y'all posted but they are no longer being offered.  I bought Kim Schaefer's "Calendar Quilts" but those are wall hangings.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 654
Points 12,395
Michelle replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 10:22 PM | Locked

This was the beautiful quilt retreat we stayed out this week.  What amazing views of the hill country.  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:01 AM | Locked

As most of you know, I am in the process of moving my sewing studio to a new space.  I have fabrics, notions and doo-dads all over the floor and every single surface of my new sewing space.

HOW did I get all this stuff so fast?  I only got back into sewing in about November 2006 (bought a new sewing machine.)  I joined QCA with the moniker of "Quiltless" in December 2011 -- because it was true then.  Now, I have many UFOs and fabric and stash all over the place!  I'm telling you, this stuff multiplies on its own!  I am certain it has nothing to do with my DH and others giving me JoAnn's  and LQS gift cards.  

Okay.  So, today, my quilting activities will be shopping for shelving, some tubs and such.  I have to get organized.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:03 AM | Locked

Michelle:

This was the beautiful quilt retreat we stayed out this week.  What amazing views of the hill country.  

Oh, that is beautiful, Michelle.  I love beautiful country like that.  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:04 AM | Locked

Marge P:

I finished the bindings on a couple of the Mini quilts.  Here is a picture of the April, May and June mini quilts.  Temporarily I am caught up :-)  The one for July has kind of a beach scene that doesn't thrill me too much.  Not sure what the August one is and the September one is a pumpkin theme.  Three out of the 12 months have pumpkins and I thinks my set is "Patchabilities 4".  They are apparently having problems coming up with patterns????

These are adorable, Marge.  I think Kris had something like this at the 2011 Leavenworth retreat.  Really cute!

I just Googled and found PatchAbilities.com.   I am so tempted now.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 11:49 AM | Locked

Marie:
Very pretty Marge.  I'd like to do some mini quilts to display one of these days.  I keep looking but haven't found one currently that I'd like.  I love the one's that y'all posted but they are no longer being offered.  I bought Kim Schaefer's "Calendar Quilts" but those are wall hangings.

Thanks, Marie.  I just did a search on www.quiltshops.com for "Patchabilities 4" and two different shops came up.  The Cotton Patch is where I got mine and the other shop is Always Quilting and I have bought things there.  It kind of looks like at the Always Quilting shop you can buy them individually and not actually be in a BOM situation.  I like the one they have for July and I think it is "Patchabilities 5". I just may go and order it to replace the one that I have which is a chair on a beach.  

Good luck in finding something you like.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 11:54 AM | Locked

Quiltless:

These are adorable, Marge.  I think Kris had something like this at the 2011 Leavenworth retreat.  Really cute!

I just Googled and found PatchAbilities.com.   I am so tempted now.

Hi Quiltless -

Yes, the one Kris was working on is what got me started doing them.  I did join a BOM but if you go into www.quiltshops.com and put in Patchabilities 4, two different shops come up.  Like I told Marie, I got mine through The Cotton Patch but it looks like you can get them individually through the Always Quilting site.  I like the one they show with the Flag for July which is the next month for me to do.  Mine is the chair on the beach which doesn't do a thing for me.  

Also in the BOM I went through, there is a pumpkin theme for September, October and November which is an overkill.  I will check and see what they have for September - it should be something to do with school or anything but another pumpkin IMOP.

Have fun in searching what to do.  They really are fun.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 12:07 PM | Locked

Marie and Quiltless -

BTW, Quiltless, thanks!

I just checked and my September one isn't another pumpkin =, it is a scarecrow and it is adorable.  the August one is an ice cream bar and an ice cream cone.  Think I will do something different for that one as well as the beach scene.

I ordered the flag one for July!

Have fun!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,261
Points 28,525
Agnes replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 12:54 PM | Locked

I have been FM quilting a quilt I got layered and spray basted in Feb. It's nowhere near ready to share. I will share my mug rugs. I still have five more to finish. I have actually used up all the scraps from this batch of 35 floral fabrics thanks to Marge P. The rest of the pieces are either waiting to be quilted or still in piecing mode. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 110
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 112
Points 1,965
Ibuiltaquilt replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 1:05 PM | Locked

Those are gorgeous Agnes!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 112
Points 1,965
Ibuiltaquilt replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 1:07 PM | Locked

I've been searching for some floral fabrics for a quilt for my mom. Who makes these?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 1:35 PM | Locked

Ibuiltaquilt:
I've been searching for some floral fabrics for a quilt for my mom. Who makes these?

Ibuiltaquilt - these floral fabrics were from Northcott's Flower of the Month several years ago.  They had 3 different patterns of one flower for each month.  They are gorgeous fabrics.

You could try and go to www.quiltshops.com and put Northcott Flower of the Month in the search box and see how many shops come up with it.

Good luck in finding some you like.

Marge P

Page 96 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 94 95 96 97 98 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use