Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 92 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 90 91 92 93 94 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 845
Robin Martin replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 10:31 PM | Locked

Lots of aches and pains from working in the flower beds yesterday.  Today, I sat and did handwork.  I got some cut out birds and gingerbread men cut from old quilts from Ebay.  I decided to put 2 of them together and stuff them for Christmas gifts.  I did 4 birds and 1 gingerbread man so far.  I look at them and can imagine them hanging on my Christmas tree.  May have to cut some more out.  They look so cute and old fashioned.  I will post as soon as I figure out my camera. 

Robin-Snohomish, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 10:52 PM | Locked

Joan L.:

Karla, I have a longarm but, I always baste my borders before I quilt to keep them straight.

Thank you, Joan, for your input.  My mid-arm is on a frame and I think they are being stretched out of shape by the time I get to the bottom of the quilt, even though I let the top float.  I will begin basting the borders to see if that doesn't alleviate my problem.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,683
Marie replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 11:51 AM | Locked

Patti, sounds like their shop is doing very well.  Or, they're not selling much fabric, which is it?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,185
ls2116 replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 1:24 PM | Locked

I'm taking a time out from my mq8 its gonna take a magician or extra thought for me to complete I didn't square up where i should've and my hst are really lopsided.  Guess the quilting brain is misplaced.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 4:16 PM | Locked

Didn't work on it today, but this weekend thru tuesday (finished it last night) I was at my first quilt retreat in Kerrville TX.  What a great retreat place!! Loved it, speaker was Debbie Maddy and we had a wonderful time.  It's more of a modern quilt, but I learned a lot of new techniques and was totally out of my comfort zone! So glad I went and so many new friends were made. It is called Gypsy Sampler. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 5:18 PM | Locked

Michelle, very pretty, great job

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,070
Points 16,400
weezee56 replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 5:31 PM | Locked

I have been working a my DD2 snails trail, made the binding, just have to put it on. The quilting is finally finished.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 5:53 PM | Locked

Marie:
Patti, sounds like their shop is doing very well.  Or, they're not selling much fabric, which is it?

they are doing  very well.  Theirs is a unique store, with different style of fabrics and patterns.  They have a lot of great patterns.  They have a web site, and are becoming better known all the time.  It's called the buggy barn, because it is on the farm and the building was originally a buggy barn.  When the owner wanted to open the shop, her husband supported her but did not expect her to be so successful.  It's down a dirt road a couple miles from the small town of Reardan, WA.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
ellie replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:31 PM | Locked

yes I did  love the patteren i came up with and cann't wait to see it done will probaly work on it some more once my husband goes to bed

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:32 PM | Locked

Weezee, very pretty

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 845
Robin Martin replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:41 PM | Locked

Michelle, that is beautiful!  Love the colors.

Robin

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 845
Robin Martin replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:45 PM | Locked

Patti, there is a shop on Camano Island, WA that is wholesale.  It is at a private home, but in a huge barn.  It's called Over the Rainbow.  You can go online and buy or call for an appointment to go to the barn.  It's very overwhelming at first.  Floor to ceiling fabric.  It's like walking into Fabric Depot in Portland.  They have all the top brands of fabric.

Robin=Snohomish, WA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 845
Robin Martin replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:47 PM | Locked

That looks great!  I like the colors you used.

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 112
Points 1,965
Ibuiltaquilt replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:49 PM | Locked

Michelle:

Didn't work on it today, but this weekend thru tuesday (finished it last night) I was at my first quilt retreat in Kerrville TX.  What a great retreat place!! Loved it, speaker was Debbie Maddy and we had a wonderful time.  It's more of a modern quilt, but I learned a lot of new techniques and was totally out of my comfort zone! So glad I went and so many new friends were made. It is called Gypsy Sampler. 

Michelle, this is gorgeous! Looks like stained glass windows, the way the lighting is helps too.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 112
Points 1,965
Ibuiltaquilt replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:51 PM | Locked

weezee56:

I have been working a my DD2 snails trail, made the binding, just have to put it on. The quilting is finally finished.

Love the colors! One of my fave combos. And well done, Weezee.

Page 92 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 90 91 92 93 94 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use