Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 91 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 89 90 91 92 93 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 6:54 AM | Locked

Michelle:

Not sure why its sideways, but at a quilt retreat here in Texas, worked all day on my quilt. Will post finished project tomorrow ! 

Save  your photo as a .png instead, and it will never turn sideways during an upload.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 8:52 AM | Locked

Marge P:

Julienne:
Hi, Here is the picture of the Triple Irish Chain I told you about that I did for my sister. It is a UFO right now.

Great job on all of your projects shown here.  I must have a double Irish Chain sitting on a shelf to be quilted.  Need to check that out one of these days!

Love the table runner for your sister as well as the Rail Fence.  Your puppy certainly looks happy with his new pillow bed.  i wonder if he will share?

Actually Tank does share with his sis Lily, but kinda in game format. She has to distract him to get off of it and then she hops on. He is a Peekapoo (20 lbs It is a real bread which is a cross between a Pekingese and Poodle) and she is a Toy Shih Tzu (7 1/2 lbs). They both have AKC papers which it is fun to see their family trees, but they are just my kids in this house.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 8:55 AM | Locked

Marge P:

Julienne:
Hi, Here is the picture of the Triple Irish Chain I told you about that I did for my sister. It is a UFO right now.

Great job on all of your projects shown here.  I must have a double Irish Chain sitting on a shelf to be quilted.  Need to check that out one of these days!

Love the table runner for your sister as well as the Rail Fence.  Your puppy certainly looks happy with his new pillow bed.  i wonder if he will share?

Thank you about my projects.       Actually Tank does share with his sis Lily, but kinda in game format. She has to distract him to get off of it and then she hops on. He is a Peekapoo (20 lbs It is a real bread which is a cross between a Pekingese and Poodle) and she is a Toy Shih Tzu (7 1/2 lbs). They both have AKC papers which it is fun to see their family trees, but they are just my kids in this house.

Julienne:

Marge P:

Julienne:

Actually Tank does share with his sis Lily, but kinda in game format. She has to distract him to get off of it and then she hops on. He is a Peekapoo (20 lbs It is a real bread which is a cross between a Pekingese and Poodle) and she is a Toy Shih Tzu (7 1/2 lbs). They both have AKC papers which it is fun to see their family trees, but they are just my kids in this house.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 8:59 AM | Locked

Christine:

Your Irish chain is lovely!  Can't wait to see it quilted.

Thank you. I am not sure how I want to quilt it yet. Any suggestions would be great. I have a few ideas. But what ever it will be this will be a big project. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,272
Points 173,273
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 9:01 AM | Locked

Julienne, beautiful quilt!  I love all your projects and your fur babies, so cute!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,272
Points 173,273
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 9:08 AM | Locked

My compliments to you Agnes for Marge's table runner, it's beautiful!

Marge, I have to have a pattern as well for most of my work so don't feel alone.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,272
Points 173,273
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 9:16 AM | Locked

Thanks Marge, I think it's cute too.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,272
Points 173,273
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 9:16 AM | Locked

Thanks Marge, I think it's cute too.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 9:31 AM | Locked

Marie:

Julienne, beautiful quilt!  I love all your projects and your fur babies, so cute!

Thank you so much on my projects and my babies are wonderful. Tank just turned 5 and Lily is 2. And they are like regular children. They do not act like pets. They are so like my real kids were at that age is silly.   Here they look so innocent don't they.....HA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 4:46 PM | Locked

I have a queen sized Triple Irish Chain still waiting to be quilted too.  I made it a couple of years ago in a class I took, but haven't been brave enough to try quilting it as at that time I didn't have a machine with a larger throat.  I don't think I can do it on my frame with my mid-arm because I don't have enough space to do the centers justice.  I guess it will just wait until I get the energy to sandwich it and try FMQ on the Viking Sapphire.

As for what I am doing today, still frogging.  I'm thinking about loading the Log Cabin on the frame and quilting it, but was wondering if I stay-stitched the edges of the piano key border it would help to keep it from stretching.  I sure don't want to have the same problems with the Log Cabin as I've had with the one I'm currently frogging.  What do you think?  Does anyone stay-stitch the borders of their quilts before quilting them?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 4:58 PM | Locked

Karla:

I have a queen sized Triple Irish Chain still waiting to be quilted too.  I made it a couple of years ago in a class I took, but haven't been brave enough to try quilting it as at that time I didn't have a machine with a larger throat.  I don't think I can do it on my frame with my mid-arm because I don't have enough space to do the centers justice.  I guess it will just wait until I get the energy to sandwich it and try FMQ on the Viking Sapphire.

As for what I am doing today, still frogging.  I'm thinking about loading the Log Cabin on the frame and quilting it, but was wondering if I stay-stitched the edges of the piano key border it would help to keep it from stretching.  I sure don't want to have the same problems with the Log Cabin as I've had with the one I'm currently frogging.  What do you think?  Does anyone stay-stitch the borders of their quilts before quilting them?

Karla, would love to see a pic of your Triple Irish Chain. Even if you didn't quilt it yet like me.  I am sure it is very pretty. I haven't ever stay-stiched my edges but I would love others opinions, this might be something I would try if it is popular.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,932
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 6:42 PM | Locked

Julienne:
Hi, Here is the picture of the Triple Irish Chain I told you about that I did for my sister.

I love it. I hope you finish it.

My first quilt was a triple Irish Chain. My friend kept it but I never got a photo. I'll have to see if it's still around.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 6:46 PM | Locked

Today I didn't do anything but I did do a little sewing this past weekend.  I started a French braid quilt.  Looks pretty good.  Not finished with it.  Maybe I can get back into it in a day or two.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 9:15 PM | Locked

My only work on a quilt was picking out fabric at the Buggy Barn on the way home from Spokane.  Went for jury duty and did not get  selected, so had time to stop on the way home.

The Buggy Barn is finally expanding, adding on another 18 feet to the front.  The owners have been told it will take about a month, but they are just getting the ground ready!  They really need the space.  They have had to stack the sale fabric in the bathroom.   And they have at least one row of stacked fabric in front of all the other fabrics in the wall cases.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 9:18 PM | Locked

Karla, I have a longarm but, I always baste my borders before I quilt to keep them straight.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 91 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 89 90 91 92 93 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use