Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 90 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 88 89 90 91 92 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:25 PM | Locked

Elizabeth:
Here is another UFO finished.  It is a Quilt of Valor unfinished from Sept. 2012.  It is winging its way off to Germany today.  Also the case that goes with it.

Great quilt, Elizabeth and for such a worthy cause.  I have never made the pillow cases to go with them before.  I haven't made one of these quilts before for QOV but there is a group in Washington that made quilts for the mother's/wives/husbands who lost a loved one in the war.  Need to get back into that as there was such a need when I was helping out.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:28 PM | Locked

Ibuiltaquilt:
I finished a quilt that I've been working on for 7 days, 6 hrs a day for my nephew. My poor boyfriend said that he's going to start a club - Husbands of Quilters Anonymous!

Great quilt and I know there are probably several Husbands of Quilters Anonymous groups around.  We will really be in trouble if they all get together.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:32 PM | Locked

Kris:
WTG Marge. I love your hangings. I didn't get mine done in a year since the shop "forgot" me several times. I let the owner know I would never do another monthly program from her shop. They eventually sent the rest as one mailing so I'll be able to get the rest done.

Thanks, Kris.  Yes, I had problems with the shop I went through too.  One of the ones I just finished was missing the backing fabric.  The rest thus far have had sufficient fabric but after getting the wrong one, one month and having to call to see when another month was being shipped I just told them to send me the whole thing.  It was pretty frustrating.  First time I have had so much trouble with an online BOM.

I will be so glad to have them all done. 7 1/2 done and 4 1/2 to go! :-)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:34 PM | Locked

Karla:
One UFO down, and about 25 to go.

Gorgeous quilt, Karla.  Love it!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:36 PM | Locked

Elaine -  your sunset is beautiful.  Nice job!  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:41 PM | Locked

Julienne:
Hi, Here is the picture of the Triple Irish Chain I told you about that I did for my sister. It is a UFO right now.

Great job on all of your projects shown here.  I must have a double Irish Chain sitting on a shelf to be quilted.  Need to check that out one of these days!

Love the table runner for your sister as well as the Rail Fence.  Your puppy certainly looks happy with his new pillow bed.  i wonder if he will share?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:43 PM | Locked

OK, now that I have monopolized this thread in order to catch up, I will leave and try and start a new thread about Featherweights and a site I found.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995
Elaine Phillips replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 5:55 PM | Locked

Thanks, everyone, on the nice comments about my sunset. I am so trying to get out of my box. And it was great fun working with it, alto it is quite small, it was a challenge for me. I usually need a pattern.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 9:45 PM | Locked

No quilting today, just frogging...rip-it, rip-it, rip-it.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 10:03 PM | Locked

Karla:
No quilting today, just frogging...rip-it, rip-it, rip-it.

As you sew so shall you rip?? Oh that's not how it goes is it?  Sorry to hear things are going slowly.  I hope better times are in store for you tomorrow.  You still rock!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 615
Points 11,735
Michelle replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 10:29 PM | Locked

Not sure why its sideways, but at a quilt retreat here in Texas, worked all day on my quilt. Will post finished project tomorrow ! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 11:29 PM | Locked

Oh my goodness, I have been at a horse show all weekend and just caught up on all the beautiful work.  Especially love the triple Irish chain, they are my favorites.  Great work everyone.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 845
Robin Martin replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 12:50 AM | Locked

Marge, love the daffodils and table runner.  Little hangers are darling.  Haven't done much applique yet but working slowly into it. 

Didn't sew today because it was sunny and warm and I worked in my flower beds.  When you live in Western Washington, you have make hay (or pull weeds) while the sun shines. 

I have a small dinosaur quilt to finish for my little Dylan then will be starting a daffodil quilt.  I was inspired by Marge's wall hanging.  I got the material in Oregon last October at a retreat.  I am embroidering daffodils every other square.  Will try to post when I finish.

Robin - Snohomish, WA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 845
Robin Martin replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 1:07 AM | Locked

Don't buy a new ironing board.  Have your hubby refit it with a new rectangle top made from plywood.   Take off all the material, ironing board should have holes in it.  Cut a piece of plywood 2-3 inches longer and wider than your ironing board.  If you go on pinterest, you can find instructions for it.  One direction says to screw it down to your current ironing board.  My fiends husband fixed the bottom of the new board with 2 by 4s that hang down so it fits over the top of your current board and can be lifted off if you need to use the pointed ironing board.  It was so great to use because it was rectangle and so much wider than a normal board. 

Robin-Snohomish, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 6:52 AM | Locked

Your Irish chain is lovely!  Can't wait to see it quilted.

Page 90 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 88 89 90 91 92 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use