Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 89 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 87 88 89 90 91 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 5:25 AM | Locked

Elaine, love your sunset

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 5:28 AM | Locked

Karla, beautiful quilt,   So sorry you are having to ribbitt again

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 7:38 AM | Locked

Elaine, I think the sunset is so beautiful.  At first I thought the white spot was the moon.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,610
Points 178,483
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 7:50 AM | Locked

Elaine, your sunset is gorgeous!  Like Patti, I thought the reflection was the moon.  Wonderful work!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 9:49 AM | Locked

Elaine

Great job on the sunset.   Beautiful.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 7,395
Julienne replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 3:38 PM | Locked

Hi, Here is the picture of the Triple Irish Chain I told you about that I did for my sister. It is a UFO right now. She went to Notre Dame to get her MBA so I did it in her school colors. The black has gold and green shamrocks in it. And the white and white shamrocks on it.   Also attached is a rail fence quilt I made at Christmas which was all about Elvis for one of my friends, a table runner made for my other sister who is a breast caner survivor, and a patchwork dog bed/pillow for my babies. My oldest is laying on it. LOL And of course his sister is sticking her nose in the pic. I have more to post, but I think I will put them in a blog or somewhere. Not sure.

Julienne - Mid Missouri

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 3:47 PM | Locked

Karla:
I love all of them, but especially the daffodils...they look just like the real thing growing in my garden.  And Agnes, love the table runner, too.

Thanks, Karla - it will be nice to have them all done so I can display a different one each month.  I have a little set I have in my sewing room but at times the same one will be up for 6 months before I get with the program.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 3:53 PM | Locked

Judy T - thanks for the comment on the monthly mini-quilts.  I know how that goes to have something stashed that really would like to be made up.

Leslie - Thanks! :-)

Marie - Thanks!  I can't take credit for the hexagon table runner.  Agnes from Manitoba had some Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks left over from another project and figured out what she needed for the background hexagons and went with it. I love it!  She is the type that makes something out of nothing all the time.  I have to rely on patterns most of the time.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 3:56 PM | Locked

Brigit-Carol:
OK, this is my last purse, at least until the weekend when I will join in a virtual quilting retreat on the quilting board where we are making a large tote complete with zippered inside pocket and feet.  This is my favourite so far.

Very pretty purse, Brigit - love the colors. Great job!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:01 PM | Locked

Marie:

Forgot the pic!

This is one of the cutest growth charts I have seen.  I did buy a couple last October in Wenatchee with the intention of giving them to my DGD's for their little girls.  They are still sitting in the sewing room so maybe this Christmas?  Great job!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:04 PM | Locked

Karla:
Here is a picture of the Log Cabin Quilt I've been working on this week.  It has undergone metamorphosis from the original plan, but I think I'm happy with it.  I was planning on another one or two borders, but I may just leave it as it is.  It currently measures about 55 X 70.  It is destined to be a gift for the TaeKwanDo instructor that puts up with my 3 grandsons.

Great Log Cabin Quilt.  I am sure the boy's instructor will love it.  I have a Red, White and Black LC ready to quilt.  It is for a niece and as I was finishing it up ready for quilting ......several months ago.....her Grandma told me that the kids were getting a divorce.  OOPS!  She will still get it but there is no rush now, right? :-)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:08 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Can you imagine what a young woman today would say if she received an ironing board as a wedding present!!  LOL

Isn't that the truth, Nancy?  I am sure they would look at it and ask what it was for, or even worse ask if this was a joke!  Oh well, guess things will continue to change and not always for the better.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:12 PM | Locked

Vivian :
For those of you who missed me, thanks.  I may not be back often, but I'll try.

Yes, you were missed and welcome back.  The quilts you have been working on are great.  So nice to see the mammoth one on the  bed.  It turned out really great.  I can't imagine making 100 paper pieced blocks but it sure is a beauty.  The first one you posted is very nice - i like the pattern of it and the colors.  Keep on quilting!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:14 PM | Locked

Elizabeth:
Powering through my UFO pile!!!  This top was made by my BIL nother, who died.

Very nice quilt, Elizabeth and the quilting is wonderful.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:20 PM | Locked

Joe:
I tell you what, that cotton sateen whatever stuff is trickly to sew with, by hand where you take some time and fumble around with it. It will ravel, slip and slide, and nearly drove me to drinkin strong black coffee.

Joe - so sorry to hear that Sophie's quilt almost drove you to drinking strong black coffee!    :-)   It is a great looking quilt and I am sure is much appreciated.  

Page 89 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 87 88 89 90 91 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use