Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 86 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 84 85 86 87 88 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:07 PM | Locked

Flo:
My current project is a Triple Irish Chain.  I work on it every night after I close the store I own.

Flo, I've always wanted to make a quilt with that pattern.  I love the movement in it.  I hope you will be able to show it to us when you have finished it.  What kind of store to you have?  And I don't think I've welcomed you to QCA so WELCOME FLO!  Glad you joined the group.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:45 PM | Locked

Beautiful quilts, Vivian!  Are you sure you want to pull your papers off before you sew the blocks together?  I've started leaving mine on until I'm done.

Say, did you have the picture of the birches (above the bed) before you selected the fabrics for your quilt, or did you buy it after?  I love how they coordinate!  Great colors!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 8:00 AM | Locked

Elizabeth, beautiful QOV and pillow case!  I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 7,345
Julienne replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 8:30 AM | Locked

I just completed the top of the soon to be quilt for a a king size bed in the Triple Irish Chain. At first I felt very intimidated, but it went very smooth and I loved it. It turned out fantastic. I just have to figure out where I have enough space in my house to sandwich it LOL. Please post a pic of yours when it is done I would love to see it.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 7,345
Julienne replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 8:32 AM | Locked

WOW Vivian, beautiful work. So pretty and great color choices. Thanks posting these. I love seeing others work. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 8:43 AM | Locked

Nancy, the picture was in a shop I go to for coffee after our wedsneday quilting afternoon.  I looked at it for a long time before I bought it. It has a lot of texture as the trunks are thre dimensional.  Funny this is, I measured for the nail and sunk it into a soft spot under the paint.  I was using the same spot as the previous owner. I really have to paint that room.  Same as the headboard. My husband and couldn't decide on a headboard, so, one day his back was turned and I bought that one.  It is padded chocolate velvet and I really have to start working on a slip cover for summer.

I've been finding if I like something it will generally coordinate with my house.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 8:47 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
Are you sure you want to pull your papers off before you sew the blocks together?

No, Ill leave them on until the top is done.  I may even put on the first border.  That should make it stable enough.

and Flo,  the Irish chain is way up on my to do list.   I/m thinking blue as I seem to have quite a collection of blues.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 7,345
Julienne replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 9:00 AM | Locked

Vivian, I did mine for my sister who went to Notre Dame. Get it Fighting Irish.... So I did her's in her school colors. Kelly Green, Gold, A black that has green and gold shamrocks on it and White that has white shamrocks on it. White is the main color with the chains being the other colors, The Seminole border is the Green gold and black with green and gold in it.  It is so pretty. I will try to post a pic of it later today. But it would only be the ufo.

I did make a table runner in the triple irish chain in blues and that turned out very pretty as well. I can post the pattern if you like.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 9:08 AM | Locked

Vivian

Beautiful quilts.  I love the one on your bed.  I know it is really warm and cuddly.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 10:28 AM | Locked

My husband and I own a tool store in the mountains of southern Calif.  This quilt is for my oldest son who is getting married at the end of summer.  I just finished a prairie braid done with an Army theme for my younger son who is getting married next weekend in Kansas!  I am a hand quilter so I put in many hours.  Once they are ready for quilting I can take them to work with me, but this one is't there yet  I am just learning the computer, so I will get my husband to help me link camera to laptop to post.  Thanks for the welcome.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,577
Points 26,425
Debbie replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 10:57 AM | Locked

wow, it's been a few months but I finally finished something.  here's a table topper I made that someone else had posted theirs and I loved it so made one for myself in red.  Thanks, to whoever posted this originally. 

couldn't get that one center to lay flat but hope it will when I quilt it.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 12:45 PM | Locked

Debbie, very pretty topper!  I bet it will behave when you quilt it, just beat it into submission!  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 632
Points 10,935
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 3:43 PM | Locked

I received the new ironing board today.  I was so happy to receive it, but disappointed too. I will let the manufacture know that I still don't feel that it's very steady. I think I will take pictures of what I have and sent those to them as the one is steady.

Everyone I talk with about how it seems that all the Ironing boards are badly made, they all agree. So this is not just me.

I am thrilled that they are allowing me to be a tester of their product. I want to see them be the top manufacture in the USA for ironing boards, all the other ones are made in China.   

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 112
Points 1,975
Ibuiltaquilt replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 4:20 PM | Locked

I finished a quilt that I've been working on for 7 days, 6 hrs a day for my nephew. My poor boyfriend said that he's going to start a club - Husbands of Quilters Anonymous! Hehehe pretty sure there is one.. just not locally. It's my first "big" quilt. Had a lot of firsts here - machine quilting, binding, applique, blind stitching, printing on fabric, etc. So needless to say there are quite a few imperfections but not bad for a first. It's made with a Grow With Me fat quarter bundle by Moda.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 4:54 PM | Locked

LOL, your boyfriend is funny but I bet there are Quilters Anonymous out there somewhere.

Congrats on your first "big" quilt, I'd say you did an awesome job!  Your nephew will stay nice and warm under a quilt his dear auntie made.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Page 86 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 84 85 86 87 88 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use