Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 80 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 78 79 80 81 82 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,215
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 10:34 AM | Locked

Brigit-Carol:

OK, this is my last purse, at least until the weekend when I will join in a virtual quilting retreat on the quilting board where we are making a large tote complete with zippered inside pocket and feet.  This is my favourite so far.

Brigit, your totes are beautiful. Love the fabrics you are using. I'm also a member of the Quilting  Board but haven't ever taken part in anything. Maybe I'll give it a whirl on Sunday for the Virtual retreat. But it's kind of like wandering into a room full of people and not knowing a soul or what is going on. :-)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,215
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 10:38 AM | Locked

My ironing board isn't an ironing board at all. I have such limited space in my "sewing room/office"  that I use the top of my wood lateral file cabinet.  It sits right beside my sewing machine so it is handy. When I have a really large project to iron, I use the top of my folding cutting table (with a insulated top thrown over it of course).

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,702
Points 179,708
Marie replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 10:45 AM | Locked

This is my 55 yr. old board.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 693
Points 11,885
zoetc49 replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 10:48 AM | Locked

You all have given me some great "iron board" ideas. I had written and called the CEO of the company that makes most of the ironing boards in the USA.  He asked me to test one out that he is going to send me for free !! He also ask what the needs would be for a board that sits on top of a cabinet, I said well for quilters we could use that.  I said not many people iron clothes anymore, but a quilter needs to have one to press the patterns as we quilt. I gave him as many ideas as I could suggest. He asked me about one that goes into a drawer. I said yes, I saw that one last night on Amazon and saw so many neat ones that I never knew existed. I also told him that most of us would rather pay $5.00 more for a product that was good rather than pay less for something that we have to make do with.  

So, feel free to tell me what you would love to see on the market as he does want to hear.  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 10:52 AM | Locked

How wonderful!!!

I would just add that the covering be more long lasting, heat proof as we quilters tend to "press" and not move around the board so much. My covers always "burn out" in spot I use for patchwork pressing!

Maybe even add a square spot at square end of board that has a 'sweet spot' of extra burn proof stuff?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 11:38 AM | Locked

Marie, this is so funny!  I think I have the same ironing board...even the blue color of the legs and **get this** I am also missing the 2 rubber feet on the the right end!!!

The only difference I see is that mine has a plug-in on the straight end for the iron and a metal wand to hold the cord up out of the way. Mine has a heavy wire mesh for the ironing surface so maybe they are not exactly the same.

I will never give up this ironing board as it is so sturdy! 

DH has built me a big-board that fits over the top of this so I can more easily iron large pieces of fabric after washing.  Plus it just gives me more surface area to stack stuff on...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400
Brigit-Carol replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 12:03 PM | Locked

Michelle:

What type of feet are on it? Are they on the bottem to protect the bottems? 

Apparently so.  I had never heard of purse feet before but a quick search found them all over, at least the on-line stores.  The one I make this week will be footless as I ordered some from E-Bay and they won't be here. But at least I'll have the instructions on how to use them in the future. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400
Brigit-Carol replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 12:08 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

Brigit, your totes are beautiful. Love the fabrics you are using. I'm also a member of the Quilting  Board but haven't ever taken part in anything. Maybe I'll give it a whirl on Sunday for the Virtual retreat. But it's kind of like wandering into a room full of people and not knowing a soul or what is going on. :-)

Thank you -- I can't believe how much I'm enjoying making them.  As to the virtual retreat --  you will know me!  (Belfrybat)  Actually there are two events this weekend.  The one I'm participating in is here:  http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/virtual-quilt-retreat-april-edition-4-19-13-a-t218838.html.  The cutting instructions are in post #37.  There's also a Sunday "quilt along" on another thread. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 12:35 PM | Locked

Marie,  I have the same board too, but only one rubber bumper is off of it.  Mine is the mesh top too, but no bumps or dents  in it.  I only wish that I had a large piece to put on top that would make it wider and square.  I need to work on that but not right now-- other things are more "pressing".   Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 12:52 PM | Locked

Marie:

OMG, Marie - mine is a bit older than yours.  A 1956 Rid-Jid ironing table that has been moved and moved and moved.  I have a big board on the top of it and it doesn't collapse very easily anymore.  They just don't make them nowadays that will still be around 55+ years from now.  My legs are silver so your's is much prettier.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 1:04 PM | Locked

Not a "quilt" but I have finished 6 of the "Patchabilities" monthly hangers.  Saw Kris working on the October one in Leavenworth in October 2011 so ordered them when I got home.

It has been rather slow going but I finished another one last night but won't post it till I get the next two done.  By then I will be ahead of the months and be timely hopefully for the rest of the year.

The first picture is October through February pinned up on a design wall. The second one is March and it is in its frame sitting on a stereo speaker and is being graced with a hexagon table runner compliments of Agnes from Manitoba.  isn't it pretty?

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 1:25 PM | Locked

that's my ironing board.  But I am missing the back rubber bumpers.  And it looks like Marge and I might have replaced our ironing board covers about the same time.  Her's looks like mine.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 2:23 PM | Locked

Marge P:

Marie:

OMG, Marie - mine is a bit older than yours.  A 1956 Rid-Jid ironing table that has been moved and moved and moved.  I have a big board on the top of it and it doesn't collapse very easily anymore.  They just don't make them nowadays that will still be around 55+ years from now.  My legs are silver so your's is much prettier.

Mine looks almost just like this, but probably a 1966 version as it was given to me as a wedding present in 1966.  It's been through several moves, storage units and now almost daily use, but it's just as sturdy as when it was new.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 2:26 PM | Locked

Marge P:

Not a "quilt" but I have finished 6 of the "Patchabilities" monthly hangers.  Saw Kris working on the October one in Leavenworth in October 2011 so ordered them when I got home.

It has been rather slow going but I finished another one last night but won't post it till I get the next two done.  By then I will be ahead of the months and be timely hopefully for the rest of the year.

The first picture is October through February pinned up on a design wall. The second one is March and it is in its frame sitting on a stereo speaker and is being graced with a hexagon table runner compliments of Agnes from Manitoba.  isn't it pretty?

I love all of them, but especially the daffodils...they look just like the real thing growing in my garden.  And Agnes, love the table runner, too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,215
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 3:35 PM | Locked

I am working on a quilt today. I'm quilting the top I made from the charm squares I received at the Branson retreat. For the first time I'm using the Sulky rayon thread to do the machine quilting. It's a variegated pink and I love the way it looks. This quilt is destined for a friend. I seem to have more and more in need but guess that what happens as we get older.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 80 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 78 79 80 81 82 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use