Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 69 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 9:05 AM | Locked

And welcome Georgia, I am sure you will get other ideas from this group.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 693
Points 13,210
Michelle replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:34 AM | Locked

wow, you got alot done in one day!! I love the purse pattern, looking forward to seeing it next weekend. Is it difficult to use the grommets? I've never used those before. Do you have to have a tool for this? 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 0
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 693
Points 13,210
Michelle replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:40 AM | Locked

Wow, you were able to get alot done in just one day.  I love the purse, looking forward to seeing it this next weekend.  Are these grommets easy to put in? I've never done that before, is it a separate tool that is required? 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 5:53 PM | Locked

Michelle:

Linda, looks like you've been so busy.  I love the name of your quilt chapter. Do you live in Ohio or Arizona? Looks like you're sewing for both states? I was wondering about that Amish retreat, where is it located?  I'm just going to my first retreat this month, actually 2 in one month and I've never been to any before!  Will see how I like them.  One is with a speaker and one is just sewing with other quilting ladies. 

Hi Michelle,

I'm originally born and raised in Ohio, lived in Arizona for about 11 years, and 3 years ago moved back to Ohio. In AZ I belonged to a quilt group of at least 100 ladies called Reap What You Sew. I loved going to meetings, the distribution of quilts to charities in November (2500+), going to their retreats, their friendship, and if I email they will still send me any pattern I ask for. They were excited when I told them I was officially starting the Ohio Chapter of Reap What You Sew.  Currently I'm making 12 quilts to donate to a retreat center in AZ that a friend is starting. They will counsel to the ministry and their spouses and military chaplains.

The Amish Retreat is in Charm (Berlin/Millersburg area), Ohio. Our retreat is just sewing with other quilters. If you want more detailed information, please send me a PM.  www.theruralthimble.com is where we are staying. It is newly built behind Miller's Dry Goods.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 607
Points 9,675
Joyce replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 7:18 PM | Locked

Debbie this purse is really cute.  I love the colors and the way you put them on a slant.  I have never worked with grommets they seemed to be difficult.  Nice work.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 7:42 PM | Locked

Today I am just sewing all those itty bitty pieces for MQ8.  There sure are a lot of them.  I need to run to the mail box, but the wind is blowing so hard, I guess I'll wait until tomorrow.  I ordered some of that "Tatsu" fabric that Max used on the back of her quilt and according to the usps website it was delivered yesterday.  It looked like it would be the perfect backing for a quilt I plan on making for the grandson's TaeKwonDo instructor for Christmas.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,584
Points 26,505
Debbie replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 9:01 PM | Locked

today, I finished the final border on Thea's center in the RR.  will soon be able to mail it back home.  also, got pieces, FQs and jelly roll strips cut for the swap.  really thinking about going in and start sewing all the little pieces of MQ8.  but hink I'll sit here and watch ACM awards show instead. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:47 PM | Locked

Debbie:
really thinking about going in and start sewing all the little pieces of MQ8.  but hink I'll sit here and watch ACM awards show instead.

We're on the same wave pattern.  I have my 72 9-patch units done, but I set aside the pressing in order to watch the ACM awards.  I don't really listen to that much music on the radio, so the award shows are my chance to catch up with what's popular for the year.  Interesting to see Stevie Wonder on a country music show.  LOVE his music!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 7:45 AM | Locked

Grommets aren't too bad to work with.  It's just a little scary to cut a hole in the project so, measure 3 times, cut once :o)  No special tool.  Once the hole is cut you put them in place and snap them together.  I appreciate everyone's compliments!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 9:35 AM | Locked

I've finished and pressed the Step 3 parts of MQ8, was going to take a break and do some yard work after yesterday's wind storm, but looked out the window and it is blowing again, only this time it is snowing a long with the wind.  Guess I'll hunker down and have another sew day.  :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 10:21 AM | Locked

It's snowing in Nevada???  This is a goofy spring!  About 1/3 of my lawn is finally showing.  The lakes and rivers are still completely iced over.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 11:15 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

It's snowing in Nevada???  This is a goofy spring!  About 1/3 of my lawn is finally showing.  The lakes and rivers are still completely iced over.

Yes, it is snowing in Nevada, and probably the best snowfall we've had all year.  Got about 1 or 2 inches so far and doesn't look like it's ready to let up anytime soon.  My lawn is no longer showing, even though I have had to mow it already three times this Spring.  They do say that we'll be back into the 70's before the week is over, but it was sure a surprise to see the snow this morning.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 11:16 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Yes, it is snowing in Nevada, and probably the best snowfall we've had all year.  Got about 1 or 2 inches so far and doesn't look like it's ready to let up anytime soon.  My lawn is no longer showing, even though I have had to mow it already three times this Spring.  They do say that we'll be back into the 70's before the week is over, but it was sure a surprise to see the snow this morning.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 11:19 PM | Locked

Karla:
Yes, it is snowing in Nevada

Great Karla, it will be here by morning with 70 - to 90 mile an hour winds.

The Indians here cal it Daweena. it is the last heavy snow of the year.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 11:20 PM | Locked

Karla:
Yes, it is snowing in Nevada

Great Karla, it will be here by morning with 70 - to 90 mile an hour winds.

The Indians here call it Daweena. it is the last heavy snow of the winter.

Page 69 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use