Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 68 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 66 67 68 69 70 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 8:19 PM | Locked

Max I like your texture quilt. As for borders I think the pale green skinny border and then a wider one in a dark color would look great. 

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 10:00 PM | Locked

Love your quilt, Max.  I think  using all 4 border colors would really set it off, but then I love bright colors, the more the merrier.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 2:19 PM | Locked

Thank you all for helping me decide what to do with my border problem.  Now all I have to do is put the new ideas into action.  But its just too pretty outside to think much about quilting right now.  May have to go rake a few leaves out of the flower beds and enjoy the sunshine.

Rain is predicted in the next few days...then I'll get back to finishing up this textured top.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Max 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 6:57 PM | Locked

gini:
i keep waiting for those scrap fairies, who by the way volunteered to go through my scrap bag,  to show up and make some more room in my room.

Humm...........are you saying you need someone to come and relieve you of some scraps. I could easily be persuaded to take a little field trip up north and  help you free up a little space in your sewing room. 

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 1:41 AM | Locked

jacy,  we'll be in and out for the next month,  but, yes do come.   i'll let you know when i get some time freed up. 

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 5:36 AM | Locked

Gini... You can always send out scraps to those here who do a lot of charity stuff... They would love the scraps...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 6:10 AM | Locked

I'll take any and all scraps. At my retreats I put out a bags for scraps, I take big and small scraps. I waste nothing.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 6:31 AM | Locked

I just realized that grandson Quinn's birthday is around Mothers Day...Yikes thats only about 4 weeks away. I haven't started his quilt yet! Been so busy with retreat center quilts. So yesterday I got out the fabric for Quinn's quilt. Of course the  preprinted panels aren't printed so you can center them. So I had to adjust the panels that I made. They turned out pretty good, if I must say so myself. I just have to put the final border on and figure out what I'm doing for a backing. This is probably the fastest quilt I'v ever made.

Then I have to make a final Secret Sister gift. I have it all planned out, Just have to put it together and I need it about the same time as Quinn's quilt.

Also, got moved into  the remodeled sewing room. There are fabrics and projects all over already.  But it is so comfortable. The 2 yellow quilts have been picked up already and I'm happy to say that I have officially started the Ohio Chapter of Reap What You Sew. I have a friend from church that comes in and sews strips and blocks for me. So RWYS is a chapter of 2. But I will soon be talking to Pastor when he returns from his mission trip. Because I'd like the chapter to be endorsed by a church.And he loved the idea.

Happy quilting this weekend.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 7:22 AM | Locked

After getting all my errands done this week, taking my mother to appointments and making sure DH doesn't need anything, I had a full day to exercise and then sew on quilts!! Yeah! Got 2 projects finished, one for my granddaughter, a chalkboard material hanging for her room.  Had only seen this chalkboard material in a quilt shop in Kansas.  Had just one small piece, now I wish I had gotten a few more pieces, but suitcase space was a premium.  Embroidered her name on it and used ribbons for the hanger. Turned out so cute.  I learned a few things on sewing on this though, don't get the iron too close to the seams! Had to trim a bit.  I didn't do  alot of quilting, just SID. She loved the colors. 

Then almost finished a jean apron for a friend's birthday. should have that one done today after the embroidery is on the top and I will post those pics also! I'm finally on a roll. I did get one more quilt cut out for an upcoming retreat here in Texas.  Very excited about that one and meeting a few new friends that I met on here!! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 0
Georgia D replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 8:33 AM | Locked

I really need help fellow quilters !!  a dear friend has asked me to finish a quilt started by her husbands grandmother.  All fabric is cotton, lots of polyester and bits and pieces of other fabric she must have found.  The quilt is almost a trapazoid - small on one end and much larger on the other.  To make it special for them, do I care cut and re sew to make the quilt more  appealing and traditional looking - or do I leave it the way the original quilter made it ?  Such a problem - do I destroy some of the ladies work to make it better - or leave it as is to show her work?  I already have a backing picked out - so that isn't the problem.  Each square is approximately 3" and squares are sewn into strips - nothing is even.  I welcome whatever advice anyone has to offer.

thank you - btw - I am new to the sight and look forward to "meeting" lots of my quilting buddies !!!

Georgia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 12,600
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:13 AM | Locked

Welcome, Georgia D!    What does your friend want done with the quilt?  Maybe let her decide. I would try to fix it up.  You're not destroying anything that Grandma did, just enhancing it and fixing it up so it lasts a long time.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 11:51 PM | Locked

Michelle:

Then almost finished a jean apron for a friend's birthday. should have that one done today after the embroidery is on the top and I will post those pics also! I'm finally on a roll. I did get one more quilt cut out for an upcoming retreat here in Texas.  Very excited about that one and meeting a few new friends that I met on here!! 

Michelle, this is really neat.  You've been real busy today! 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 11:59 PM | Locked

After poking around online far too long this morning then doing my taxes (mostly) I started and just now finished another shopping purse!  (took a 4 hour break for a concert in town) This one I'll use shop hopping next weekend with Michelle and Beve99.  I am really looking forward to that!  This is the same pattern I used on the last purse I made but I used smaller grommets and made the strap narrower.  It'll be more comfortable I think.

Tomorrow I plan to get the next step done on MQ8 and hopefully make another thread catcher/pin cushion.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 6:57 AM | Locked

Lovely bag Debbie.x

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 9:03 AM | Locked

Carol from Pittsburgh:
   What does your friend want done with the quilt?  Maybe let her decide. I would try to fix it up.  You're not destroying anything that Grandma did, just enhancing it and fixing it up so it lasts a long time.

I like asking the family and this quilt enhancement idea.  By any chance would the family have some clothing or fabric from the grandmother, or something she worked on, that would remind them of her, or perhaps another family member they would like to include?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 68 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 66 67 68 69 70 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use