Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 66 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 64 65 66 67 68 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 10:13 PM | Locked

Kris, love your pillow.

Karla, your quilt came out great, love the batiks.

Max, beautiful job, front and back.

Elizabeth, is this your third quilt?  You are fast.  Glad you took a class, that can be very helpful when beginning.  Learning things the hard way can take a lot of time.  (and in my case, wasted fabric.)

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 514
Points 10,440
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 10:19 PM | Locked

Jacy:

Carol from Pittsburgh:

quiltylee:

Max, another stunner. i love the fabic on the back. What is that??

I don't have the name of the fabric, but I know they sell it at JoAnn's.

I used that fabric for the back of a quilt. I bought it at Joann's too and I remember it was made by Henry Glass

I found some of the fabric. The selvedge says " 'tatsu' The Alexander Henry Fabric Collection 2006."

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 10:45 PM | Locked

Another winner Max! And you used my sons favorite dragon fabric for the back, he has it on the back of his black and white quilt too.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 11:04 PM | Locked

Thanks to allof you for your wonderful comments! 

Sukochi--I'm not sure if you were asking what the name of the pattern is, or what the print is.  It is dragons, and the name of the pattern is "tatsu", by Alexander Henry.  If you double click on the picture it will enlarge so you can see the dragons better.

Started a block for my next quilt this evening.  After the third time of removing the same 4 inch seam I decided it was time to back away from the machine and go to bed! 

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 11:17 AM | Locked

Yes, it is my day off.   That means I am going to work on quilting, or at least sewing.  I told my sister I would work on her banjo case before she comes this weekend.   Clean my sewing room and maybe pick out this month's UFO.  I think I will put something on my design board!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 11:25 AM | Locked

Patti:

Yes, it is my day off.   That means I am going to work on quilting, or at least sewing.  I told my sister I would work on her banjo case before she comes this weekend.   Clean my sewing room and maybe pick out this month's UFO.  I think I will put something on my design board!

All that in one day Patti? You are an organized and efficient woman! 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 11:37 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
All that in one day Patti? You are an organized and efficient woman! 

No, I just get distracted very easily.   Probably why I have so many UFO's.  I think it would take me about 3 years of doing one a month to catch up.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 2:32 PM | Locked

Back embroidering flower blocks today, along with sewing some of those tiny little squares together for the alternating blocks while impatiently waiting for the next step of MQ 8.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 7:30 PM | Locked

Karla:

Back embroidering flower blocks today, along with sewing some of those tiny little squares together for the alternating blocks while impatiently waiting for the next step of MQ 8.  

oh goodie, you're back working on  "my" quilt.   :  )

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:40 PM | Locked

My sewing room is in disaray again so no quilting for me.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:57 PM | Locked

Well, I didn't get to DSister's banjo case, but I did find my Amish with a twist block of the month, put what I had on the design board, sewed a couple more blocks and am now only 1 block behind.  If I finish this with every one else, it will be the first time I have completed a block of the month on time.  Come to think of it.  I have never finished a block of the month before!!!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 5:38 AM | Locked

I turned in my first 2 charity quilts yesterday. A friend Pat has been coming over sewing strips and blocks for me. We are now officially the Ohio Chapter of Reap What You Sew. I would like to be affiliated with my church so need to sit down and talk to Pastor about that.

My project for the Standing Stones Retreat Center in Arizona is coming along very well. I completed 1 quilt. I have 5 tops ready to quilt; 2 of which are by the machine ready to go. I've started piecing the Christian Cross and I have 2 other quilts all cut out. Then I decided to do the AZ Centennial Quilt and I just received the pattern last week. One of the quilt that I've cut out is a Navajo quilt.. I will be working on all theses at the Amish retreat. I'm taking my quilt with hopes to at least start on it.

We have an unexpected opening for the Amish retreat, June 19-22. All it requires is a $30 deposit with registration and $184 at check in. This is the best price I've ever seen for a retreat. All the retreats I've ever attended were close to $300 for the same length of time. So I think we have a bargin here. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 615
Points 11,735
Michelle replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 7:26 AM | Locked

Linda, looks like you've been so busy.  I love the name of your quilt chapter. Do you live in Ohio or Arizona? Looks like you're sewing for both states? I was wondering about that Amish retreat, where is it located?  I'm just going to my first retreat this month, actually 2 in one month and I've never been to any before!  Will see how I like them.  One is with a speaker and one is just sewing with other quilting ladies. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:23 AM | Locked

I am trying to work on a quilt today....but I need your help.  Opinions are welcome and requested!

Here is the situation:  1)  I am making a lap quilt for an elderly lady with limited vision. She has an ability to see a little bit if she is able to hold something in strong light.   That is the reason I used bright solid contrasting colors.  2) Like many elderly people with limited vision, she likes to touch, stoke, and feel textures with her fingers. That is why each block has a different 'textured' center.

What I need your help with is the borders.   I want to add a border that will be 5 to 7 inches wide. And I do NOT want to use white.    My question to you is:  Should I make them four different colors (like in the picture)?   Should I make them all one color?  If I make them all the same color...what color do you suggest, other than white? ( I  am not limited to the four colors shown.) 

Detail of some of blocks:

Thanks for your help!   Max

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:31 AM | Locked

Max, I can't help you with your color selection. But I love what you are doing with the touchy feeling quilt. What a wonderful and thoughtful idea.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 66 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 64 65 66 67 68 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use