Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 64 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 62 63 64 65 66 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 9:37 AM | Locked

kris, love your scrappy pillow

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:33 AM | Locked

Kris, I love your pillow, very modern looking and a great way to use up scraps. 

I agree, too pretty to be slept on by kitties. 

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 11:00 AM | Locked

Kris:
The inner pillow is made from muslin stuffed with slivers and other odd trimmings as well as scraps of batting I was saving for something like this.

I've been saving scraps for some time and have yet to use them in a pillow of any kind.  Did you cut all the scraps up to be fairly consistent in size, or doesn't it matter is some are fairly large?  Did you solidly stuff the muslin form, or is it softer if it's stuffed loosely?  I worry about the scraps shifting/bunching if it's too loose.  Do you think the pillow will holds its shape over time?  

Your pillow is very cute, and I think the kitties will be enjoying it while you're at work!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 1:36 PM | Locked

my auntie got a new puppy, so i am busily filling the nice bag that diana made up for us,  for Barney 2.0.     their Barney 1.0. died while they were on vacaton in hawaii last month and their daughter had an exact copy waiting for them when they arrived home.   hence the 2.0.  he is the cutest ball of fluff. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 1:37 PM | Locked

my auntie got a new puppy, so i am busily filling the nice bag that diana made up for us,  for Barney 2.0.     their Barney 1.0. died while they were on vacaton in hawaii last month and their daughter had an exact copy waiting for them when they arrived home.   hence the 2.0.  my newest cousin  is the cutest ball of fluff. 

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 4:29 PM | Locked

Very nice pillow,Kris!  Now, to make one for kitties -- the way we make ours for Humane Society is to just use fabric that is too heavy for our quilts (we get a lot of donated fabrics that are not good for quilts)  Then we stuff them with the tiny tiny scraps that are trimmed off in our quilt piecing, binding, etc.  You know how I like small scrapss, so you can imagine how small they are by the time  I get done with them!  The other quilters always ask before they throw out a piece of fabric, got them trained!  But we do so much sewing, we donate several pillows a month  and the Humane Society really appreciates them, so do our own pets at home.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 6:21 PM | Locked

I have  a question.. for those who have more experience than me... What is the best way to cut up and  piece a  back for a twin size quilt, with a 4 yard pc of fabric?  The backing needs to be at least 59 X 78...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 9:21 PM | Locked

Although I had two of the grandsons today, I did manage to get borders sewn on my batik diamond quilt.  As soon as I can get my husband to hold it up for me, since I have no design wall or fence from which I can hang it) I will take a picture of it and post it.  Then it will be added to my stack of UFO's that need to be quilted.  I really do need to get started on some of them as they are really beginning to pile up (about 25 of them).  You can tell that that is not my favorite part of quilting, but I do like to be able to say that every bit of the work is mine, and I'm to cheap to let someone else quilt them as I need that money to buy more fabric.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:01 PM | Locked

Here is the diamond batik quilt top.  I really wanted a darker purple for the final border, but had to settle for this one.  It's OK as there is some of this same batik in the diamonds.

I don't know why they sometimes insist on loading sideways, its frustrating.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,575
ls2116 replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:34 PM | Locked

Karla beautiful quilt.

Gini I'll be waiting to see pic of your new pup.

I worked on mq8 got half of step 2 done today.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Posts 23
Points 670
Prairiemom replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 11:41 PM | Locked

Haven't worked on a quilt in a few days maybe a week.  I am falling behind on MQ8 haven't even cut all the pieces out.  I have had a cold that is knocking me on my butt, with some extreme fatigue.

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,469
Points 362,052
Kris replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 11:44 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
I've been saving scraps for some time and have yet to use them in a pillow of any kind.  Did you cut all the scraps up to be fairly consistent in size, or doesn't it matter is some are fairly large?

I didn't cut them. I used them as they came out of the scrap bag. As you can see there's even a triangle in there. I cut with scissors when I didn't have a straight edge. I squared up when I had over nine inches.

MNnancy:
Did you solidly stuff the muslin form, or is it softer if it's stuffed loosely?

It's not stiff but not very loose either. I stuffed it tight then pulled a bit out. I can fluff it.

MNnancy:
I worry about the scraps shifting/bunching if it's too loose.  Do you think the pillow will holds its shape over time?  

I think it might.

MNnancy:
Your pillow is very cute, and I think the kitties will be enjoying it while you're at work!

Thanks. Evidence shows it has been used. I think Orca is the culprit.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,469
Points 362,052
Kris replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 11:45 PM | Locked

Thanks for all the kind compliments on my pillow.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,469
Points 362,052
Kris replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 11:52 PM | Locked

Karla:
Here is the diamond batik quilt top.

Very pretty Karla.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 40
Rose Castanon replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 12:58 AM | Locked

I love your pillow with scraps.  Gives me an idea how to use my scraps.  roscastq

Page 64 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 62 63 64 65 66 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use