Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 49 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 47 48 49 50 51 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 11:50 PM | Locked

Pretty cool Gini.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 730
Prairiemom replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 12:54 AM | Locked

Really hoping to get to cut out MQ8 tomorrow.  I haven't done much in the way of quilting for 2 weeks, been dealing with a bad case of veritgo and then 2 of my boys and I got the flu.  So now that is done with I might blow off cleaning and go quilt the day away tomorrow.

Pam

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 4:17 AM | Locked

Prairiemom:

Really hoping to get to cut out MQ8 tomorrow.  I haven't done much in the way of quilting for 2 weeks, been dealing with a bad case of veritgo and then 2 of my boys and I got the flu.  So now that is done with I might blow off cleaning and go quilt the day away tomorrow.

Pam

Hi Pam!  Sounds like a plan to me! 

I'm piecing Moda candy this weekend.  Moda has a little booklet of patterns to go with their candy, I'm working on 2 of them.  I wanted to buy Paris Flea Market, it's so pretty!   The candy is the perfect size to get my 'fix' for something pretty.  One pattern will have Paris Flea Market and the other pattern I'll use Civil War reproduction fabrics. 

I bought a Double Chocolate charm pack too!  Can't wait to cut into that!    I also need to get 5 bareroot roses in the ground!  This weekend will be fun!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,428
Points 38,310
Linda replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 6:40 AM | Locked

Finally got started quilting the tops that piled up while my sewing room was being remodeled. I have 1 quilt completed. Two quilts are quilted and are waiting for binding. My Christmas quilt is waiting for binding too. Getting all the other stuff moved back to the sewing room. My bedroom and looking like a bedroom again. Will be happy to get the machines back  out there again. Soon, soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,498
Points 48,265
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 7:55 AM | Locked

Christine:

I also need to get 5 bareroot roses in the ground!  This weekend will be fun!!

Ground? What's that? We still have enough white stuff to last till end of May! Hihihi   This is the first year I've tried planting seeds. I don't have that many windows, so I hope th silly cat will e entually leave them alone! I love him but he's kinda bossy! Every window in the house is his....of course! And he really gets insulted if I dare scootch him out of the way so my poor seedlings can have heat! 

Today, I hope to finish one of my Mom's quilts.  9 blocks done last night, 33 to go today.  Well I better leave the computer alone and go quilt this am....after I talk to my mommy.  I always call her in the am to see how things are going.  I check later to see all the wonderful things you created.  Have a beautiful sunny, healthy day!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,489
Barbara replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 8:21 AM | Locked

Linda,I loved the pictures of your new sewing room I actually wrote two messages on  your blog page but they never did show up.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 8:25 AM | Locked

Angele, That is what I am going to do this morning-- plant flower seeds.  But I don't have to put them in the window for light, last year my daughter and I raised heirloom tomatoes to sell at the farmers market.  We bought 3 large plant light fixtures to put over them and successfuly raised and sold over 300 tomato plants.  Can't say thay we really made any money after the layout we had to set up, but we intended to carry on---- well,  things and life changes in the last year have changed our plans.  So I am going to start some plants for hanging baskets and such.  That's my plan today.   Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370
Michelle replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 9:51 AM | Locked
Have been working on a quilt all week called "playful pups". Strip piecing then cutting into 2 inch blocks and fitting together to make puppies. This is the first time doing this type of quilting. We are in our RV at Big Bend so while the guys are off 4-wheeling in the desert I've been sewing. Love the peace of the desert. Can't get a picture to load on here as I'm taking them with my phone and for some reason it says here that they are too big to post?

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 10:21 AM | Locked

Today I am going to quilt one of my old MQs.  So old I don't remember which one.  It has minky on the back, so I have procrastinated.  But it is all pinned. 

When I take a break, it will be to go outside and more closely inspect the damage the rodents left.  This winter the ground did not freeze hard before the snow.  And those rodents had a big party.  Holes everywhere and missing plants.  My wild lewisia I raised is completely gone with only a holes left to show where they were.  Anything that was a succulent is almost completely destroyed or gone.  Half the lawn will need to grow back.  And my  biggest tree peony is girdled.  Chipmunks are quickly trying to eat what is left from the gophers, mice, and shrews.  and my  asiatic lily patch.  I'll be surprised if anything comes up.  this is war, but we won't use any poison as we love the owls around here.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,153
Points 14,965
Dawn replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 10:49 AM | Locked

Got the binding on Nolan's quilt!  Used a walking foot for this for the first time!  What a difference!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh MY!  My world has changed a little!  Wow! 

Every one have a fantastic day!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370
Michelle replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 11:13 AM | Locked
Dawn, I also just using a walking foot on both my 301 Singer and 221 featherweight. It sure makes a difference. Love it!

Michelle B

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 11:19 AM | Locked

Patti:
When I take a break, it will be to go outside and more closely inspect the damage the rodents left. 

Patti, didn't you get snow again last night?  Loup Loup pass is covered!  I was in Omak when that "snow squall" went through!  It also came down the Chewuch valley and was snowing in Winthrop as I drove home, but it was sunny (and windy) at our house and had been all day.

Last week (when I could see the ground), I did notice a lot of gopher trails but haven't noticed much damage...yet.  Our vegetable garden is still snow covered so will have to wait and see if the asparagus and garlic survived.  Those are the only things out there that I really worry about.  I do have a few lewisia by the house, but again they are still under the snow, so time will tell.

Good luck on the war effort...those gophers are really hard to trap...lol!

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370
Michelle replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 11:30 AM | Locked
Nana and Roxanne, what is the best place to get this pattern? I love it.

Michelle B

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 11:51 AM | Locked

Roxana that is beautiful I may have to give it a go myself.

We have had a heavy fall of snow ( well heavy for the UK and as usual the affected parts have ground to a standstill!!!) I stopped at a friend's house last night as we went to a rehearsal for a TV programme called Songs of Praise. I thought I had a good knowledge of hymns but some of the ones we are singing were new to me. It will be recorded by the BBC on 13th April and then broadcast end of April and beginning of October, my 15 minutes of fame!!! The drive home was a bit slip sliding away but we managed. Then I managed to drive home at lunchtime. After my friend and her husband had pushed me off their drive!

We are now trying to arrange car insurance ( what a pain so many questions! DH is dealing with it as we speak). Below is a picture of the quilt I made for my youngest and his wife. One of it's names is Chinese Coins and as my DIL is chinese I thought it was very apt. Right need to get my act together and start to sort out the clothes I need for our ski holiday. We fly to Denver on Wednesday for 2 weeks skiing in Winter Park.

Big hugs to all the people who are poorly and also to anyone else who needs a hug and we all do at times don't we even if it is a virtual one.  xxxx

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 1:30 PM | Locked

Lesley, the new quilt you made is gorgeous.  I love that type of quilt.  I hope you have a great time when you come over to the States for skiing.    Ginny

Page 49 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 47 48 49 50 51 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use