Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 46 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 44 45 46 47 48 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 5:55 PM | Locked

gini:

Congratulations angele,     How do you pronounce your name?

Angèle, sounds like angel but with a soft g.  As you can tell from my slight accent...hihihi when I talked with you at the retreat, the first language I learned was French which I still speak every chance I get.  It sounds interesting when I'm learning to say new words.  I'm now living in English communities for the last 26 years so I'm getting better.  I'm hoping to learn some Ojibway words as it is taught at school.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 6:01 PM | Locked

Donna I love your two quilts. How about Reflections or water ripples as names for your quilt?  It reminded me of when you look at a reflection in the water and skip a rock on the surface. It makes those kinds of ripples.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:48 PM | Locked

Donna:
Here are pictures of the 2 quilts I am going to enter in the Prescott, AZ quilt show in June.  The first one is the first quilt I made which was only 2 years ago.  lol.  I am calling it "A Clowns tear".  The second one patter is "Reflections" from an Asian print with Swans.  I am not sure what to call it,  suggestions????

These are awesome Donna. I really like your fractured quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:58 PM | Locked

Donna, beautiful quilts

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 8:52 PM | Locked

great quilts Donna!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 433
Points 11,120
Donna replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 9:13 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone,  the support is greatly appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 11:08 PM | Locked

Wow Donna they both look amazing to me!  I'm impressed.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 11:42 PM | Locked

Beautiful quilts, Donna!

Millbury, MA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 293
Points 4,535
Mary789 replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 9:39 AM | Locked

This is a quilt that I named my "I Want to be a Quilter Quilt".  Years before I learned how to piece in 2008,  I joined 3 long pieces of this fabric to make a what you might call a whole cloth quilt.  I worked on this from time to time and would put it back on the top shelf in the closet.  Thinking it would never be finished especially after I did learn how to piece, I finally completed the quilting on it last week when my pieced quilt MQ6 top was at the longarmer getting basted.  I machine quilted and hand quilted the innermost squares which was fun and might do again now that my technique has improved.  

I did want to share this humor.  When I was joining the binding strips for this quilt, I was joining ends to ends and then I realized at the end that I had joined all ends and had a complete circle or ring of binding.  I had a good laugh :-)  

I have the binding folded and gently wrapped around a piece of paper towel cardboard center so it does not get stretched.  Is there something better to wrap it around.  I am really curious as to what  you all do with the long length of binding, as you all always have very good ideas?

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 10:02 AM | Locked

Well Mary, this is a bit odd, but the last quilt I bound I wrapped the binding around my hand then put it into the front of my V-neck jersey I had on and it worked out perfect for me.  Has anyone else done this?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 241,972
Thea replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 10:02 AM | Locked

Mary - beautiful quilt first off and 2nd - I wrap mine over itself just like I was winding up a thing of yarn... then I just unwind it as I sew it on - it usually sits in my lap.  I have tried fancy gizmos that are for winding up your binding but they take extra time and so as I press it I just fold it up over itself and over itself.  If I am not going to use it right away I usually stick a pin through to hold it together...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,793
Points 31,045
Roxana replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 10:04 AM | Locked

Mary,
Thanks for the smile. I'm surprised I haven't done the same thing! Maybe I'll learn from your lesson. It's easy to get carried away when you are joining those strips! .... After joining my strips, I press them in half and wrap them around a toilet paper roll so much the same as what you do but it takes up less space. ... I read somewhere a tip that you could take a paper towel cardboard and slit it down one side. Place it over a coat hanger. Tape the slit. Then place your binding on the hanger so that it can be hung up. .... I'll be interested in what others do as well. I always try to prepare my binding before I sandwich my quilt so that while I have my walking foot on after quilting I can move on to the binding.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,793
Points 31,045
Roxana replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 10:08 AM | Locked

Donna, I LOVE your quilts. I thought the name "Ripples" fit well with the second quilt. They both are exquisite. Thanks for sharing them.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 10:34 AM | Locked

i pool my binding in the center of the quilt

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 10:47 AM | Locked

Marie:

Well Mary, this is a bit odd, but the last quilt I bound I wrapped the binding around my hand then put it into the front of my V-neck jersey I had on and it worked out perfect for me.  Has anyone else done this?

Marie, you must have an impressive shelf there  (big gin).  I can't say I've ever thought of that idea before...but I'm up for anything!  I'll give it a go...

• | Post Points: 35
Page 46 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 44 45 46 47 48 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use