Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 42 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 5:24 PM | Locked

Yep I'm working on a quilt today. I put together one of my mom's quilts and started quilting it, then went for a nice long walk in the bush with DH and Koffy. The snow is so pretty! We even saw a wild rabbit. Lotsa deer tracks too. Obviously the population fared well over the winter so far.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 5:43 PM | Locked

Angele, is walking in the bush and walking in the woods, the same thing? I ask, as we don't have bush to walk through here, I don't think, anyway.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,995
ls2116 replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 8:43 PM | Locked

Deciding on colors for mq8.  Then I have mending job to do for DH.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,581
Points 26,460
Debbie replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:18 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
  Then earlier this month I got an email from the coordinator for the Alzheimer's Diease Cooperative Group that their cupboards were bare. They were out of lap quilts for their research participants. 

I need to get involved in something like this, when I get my back pain solved.  I would like to make more quilts but don't want to keep them and none of grandkids want a new one.  I'll have to check this out for my area.

Oh, and I love your quilt, that's a cute pattern but I can't see me doing it.  Is it all blocks, not applique?

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:33 PM | Locked

quiltylee:

Angele, is walking in the bush and walking in the woods, the same thing? I ask, as we don't have bush to walk through here, I don't think, anyway.

Yes it would be the same. Around here it's called the bush mostly because it has mostly pine or spruce trees and there are bogs.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:57 PM | Locked

Max, you can add me to your list of fans.  I love both Spin Cycle and B B & B.  You've got a great eye and a whole lotta talent!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 10:36 PM | Locked

ls2116:

Deciding on colors for mq8.  Then I have mending job to do for DH.

(gasp) Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Michaelangelo to paint a garage.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 12:10 AM | Locked

Debbie:

Oh, and I love your quilt, that's a cute pattern but I can't see me doing it.  Is it all blocks, not applique?

Debbie,  it is all pieced. The sixteen 5 inch blocks are improv pieced from scraps of solids. (I love doing that type of piecing.) Then the blocks are pieced into the background fabric.

Debbie:

I need to get involved in something like this, when I get my back pain solved.  I would like to make more quilts but don't want to keep them and none of grandkids want a new one.  I'll have to check this out for my area.

I have a similar problem...no kids, no grandkids, only DH and one brother.  I love working with this group.  You can check out their website at www.adcs.org. Click on the tab "Public and Participants", then "Alzheimer's Study Quilt Project".  If you have any questions, there is an email address on that page to contact them.  They are super to work with and I'll be doing lap quilts for them as long as I'm able.

Max

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 10:42 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:

I'm still not in love with Spin Cycle, but it will now go to a new home where it will be loved and cuddled.

Max, I think we are our own worst critics. I think your quilt is GREAT. Your border choice works wonderfully with your quilt and I think the quilting added alot of movement to the quilt. The irregular spacing of the quilting lines goes perfect with this quilt because all the piecing is irregular too. I always love to see your modern quilts!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 12:14 PM | Locked

Finally finished unpacking from Branson today, printed off cutting instructions for MQ8 and since I bought my fabric in Branson I might get it cut today.  Have layed out the projects that I started in Branson and still need to finish...need to machine embroider 50 more blocks for the flower quilt, need to finish borders on the batik quilt, need to border and applique (thank you Gini for the lesson on the hand turned applique) the Birthday Block Quilt and need to sash and border the star blocks.  I think I've got my work cut out for me, not to mention the yard work that needs doing since the weather was so nice here in Nevada while we were gone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 12:58 PM | Locked

Haven't yet but plan on working on Jan. BOM soon.  

I have a question.  It seems Tyler has a blue room with Monkey's on the walls.  Wish I knew this before I made him the "Peanuts" quilt.  My question is, Does anyone have a pattern for a Monkey quilt and do the quilt shops online have Monkey fabrics?  Ok, that's two questions.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,785
Points 122,625
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 1:16 PM | Locked

Marie:
My question is, Does anyone have a pattern for a Monkey quilt and do the quilt shops online have Monkey fabrics?

Marie, I picked up this panel on a Shop Hop a few years ago.  The panel is 24 x 42 and would look so cute with borders similar to some in the current Easy Quilts magazine. I did a Google and found this panel online at  Spring Lake Fabrics

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 2:09 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

Marie:
My question is, Does anyone have a pattern for a Monkey quilt and do the quilt shops online have Monkey fabrics?

Marie, I picked up this panel on a Shop Hop a few years ago.  The panel is 24 x 42 and would look so cute with borders similar to some in the current Easy Quilts magazine. I did a Google and found this panel online at  Spring Lake Fabrics

Judy, thank you so much for this info.  Believe it or not I hadn't been through my Easy Quilts for summer and also didn't do a Google search, thanks again.  Checked out EQ and will check out SLF for the panel as well.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 2:27 PM | Locked

Marie

I haven't checked online but I sure did see alot of monkey print fabrics in the quilt shops that I recently visited.  And Tyler will still love his Peanuts quilt even if his room is monkeys.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 2:33 PM | Locked

Thanks Nana.  Which shops to you shop online?

Millbury, MA

Page 42 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use