Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 38 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 5:57 PM | Locked

Joe, good to see you back on

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 6:00 PM | Locked

Christine, pretty little quilt

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 656
Points 16,605
Brigit-Carol replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:08 PM | Locked

Lovely quilts, wall hangings and pillows, everyone.  That mystery quilt is fantastic.  Reminds me a bit of Bonnie Hunter's work.  I'm still working on one of hers -- figured I might actually get it done in a year.

This mystery was much easier, and although I don't care for my fabric choices, I love the pattern and will make up another in a bolder print.  I don't like square quilts, so added the flying geese top and bottom -- there should have been seven but I mis-measured.  Since this is a charity quilt, I left it as is, but I'm not particularly happy with it.;

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:16 PM | Locked

every quilt won't be perfect, brigit-carol.  i think it looks fine

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:19 PM | Locked

Thanks Angele, I bought a new ruler system just to do Thea's applique quilts.  She has lovely embroidery and applique combinations in her quilts.  I wanted to do ruler work, crosshatch designs and such, so the quilting wouldn't distract from the quilt itself.  And after buying these rulers, I'm stunned at how easy ruler work is now!  

My great grandmother's quilt was used through 4 kids, so it's thread bare and very faded.  But I love it!  It's all hand sewn, and tied.  She used old sheets, aprons, shirts and dresses for the fabrics.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:26 PM | Locked

Bridget-Carol, i think it is lovely, some of my favorite colors

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,525
Points 50,995
Ginny replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:50 PM | Locked

Brigit Carol, I sure doesn't matter if you made a mistake measuring, if you hadn't commented on it no one would have know,  it is lovely, very feminine   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,680
Bonita replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 8:34 PM | Locked

Gerie, beautiful work on your pillows.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 8:53 PM | Locked

Gerie, I really like your pillows and that mystery quilt - WOW.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 8:55 PM | Locked

Brigit-Carol:
This mystery was much easier, and although I don't care for my fabric choices, I love the pattern and will make up another in a bolder print.  I don't like square quilts, so added the flying geese top and bottom -- there should have been seven but I mis-measured.  Since this is a charity quilt, I left it as is, but I'm not particularly happy with it.;

I looks good to me Brigit. I like the design. Good job.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:00 PM | Locked

Hi Joe,

looking forward to seeing your projects.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:08 PM | Locked
Christine, what type of ruler did you get for cross-Hatching? Is it for long arm? I haven't gotten alot if rulers for my long arm as I usually do mostly free motion. But would be I interested in learning

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:42 PM | Locked

Michelle:
Christine, what type of ruler did you get for cross-Hatching? Is it for long arm? I haven't gotten alot if rulers for my long arm as I usually do mostly free motion. But would be I interested in learning

Hi Michelle!  I bought a set of rulers while I was at the MidAtlantic quilt festival last month.  I'd never seen them before.  You can see one lying on Thea's quilt.  They only work on long or mid arm tables.  You buy the base, which is black. The base of the ruler is black, L-shape, and it can be placed against the roller bar in the back, or turn it over and it fits over the belly bar. The base anchors the ruler down and it is soooo easy to follow along the ruler that way.

After you buy the base, there are a slew of rulers you can choose to attach to the base. I bought the 18" and the 24" straight rulers to make crosshatch designs. But I now need to buy the next larger size, I have the 26" Ansley and the 24" isn't long enough when it's on a 45 degree angle, I need the next one larger to do the 45 degree crosshatching from roller to roller. There are straight, curvy waves, and a whole range of long rulers you can attach to the base.

Then there is another separate attachment you can attach to the base to enable you to do Baptist fans. I bought this one too.  To do Baptist fans, you need an attachment called the 'corner' or something like that, plus the ruler to attach to the corner. Go to the site and look up Baptist fans, you'll find the info.  Here's the link:

http://www.quiltersrule.com/template/mqt-chr.html

I wrote them privately to ask for a 30" ruler.  I want them to make one for my 26" Tin Lizzie frame.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,349
Points 36,950
Linda replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 4:43 AM | Locked

Joe sounds like you are as busy as I am. Looking forward to some photos.

Thea - May God bless you and keep you and give you peace. You've had so much turmoil and you need to sit back and put your feet up, girlfriend. Easier said than done, I know. Believe me, I know what turmoil is and I just get busier and busier until my feet and legs swell so bad I can't stand and my hands hurt so I can't even pick up a needle. So I sit back and watch movies for a few days or play on the computer. Sometimes I sleep for a few days. I hope you understand what I'm trying to tell you. I'm probably just doing a very bad job of it. Sending you a lot of quilty hugs.

Everyone I love the pillows, quilts, etc. And Brigit, no one would have known the difference if you hadn't said anything. And thank you everyone for your compliments. I just posted a couple things to my gallery this morning. I finally got something finished!!!!!  I hope soon to have my remodeled sewing room ready to take photos for you. I can't wait till summer when there are flowers in the gardens again.

Gosh, I'm having a good laugh watching Indy sleeping this morning! He sleeps on his back with his front paws in the air like he's getting ready to box with someone. Every once in a while his paws start moving like he is boxing. It's so funny!!!! And he's probably the only dog that gets massage therapy. My massage therapist puts him in my lap and gives him a little massage. And he loves every bit of it!! Now when she comes, he thinks he should go first!! When I telll him to go to his chair, he lays there and grumbles under his breath the whole time I'm getting my massage. But the minute she's done with me, he is up in my lap!!!! I have one quirky service dog!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 7:37 AM | Locked
Christine, Thank you for the information! I just looked up the rulers. That really looks easy. I would love to see them demoed in my quilt store, would like to know how much I would use them? So far I love free motion quilting, I draw on scrap paper and a dry erase board, then just start working on the quilt. My last quilt, I used a few rulers, but the short rulers really move around on the material if I'm not pressing on them. So wasn't a fan of them. Maybe the longer ruler with a base is the answer to that? Let me know how you like using them and much you really use them? Keep us updated, I am interested is seeing the results.

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Page 38 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use