Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 36 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 10:27 PM | Locked

OMG, I truly hope the bickering is over! We are adults here and should act as adults.

Love the tartan plaid quilt, the tote bags, and the previous quilt shown...sorry girls I've forgotten your names now. They are all beautiful.

Myself...been very busy. Just completed the first of 12 that are going to  a retreat center. I have several more tops done and are ready for quilting. Have 2 quilts ready to be quilted that are going to Maddie. Cut out 3 more quilts for the retreat center and already started putting one of them together. It's the Christian Cross to honor the military chaplains. I'm doing it in Civil War fabrics. I'm also working on a surprise for my retreat participants and a couple extra for gifts....3 finished, 2 appliqued and ready for binding, and 7 more to go. Two weeks ago I gave Pastor his Psalm 23 wall hanging. I hand quilted, but I think that will be the last of my hand quilting. My tremors are getting worse.

Here's Pastor's wall hanging Here's the first block of Christian Cross.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,282
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 11:00 PM | Locked

Nice work Linda.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 11:47 PM | Locked

nice work, linda

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 5:30 AM | Locked

Linda, very pretty

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:59 AM | Locked

Wow. I've been so darn busy minding my own business that I missed the fuss.

Just a troll, and the tracks will fade if you don't feed it.

I'm far along in Sophie's quilt now, once around the edge to finish of the missed bits and then it's bind and ship. I got too far behind in Christmas goods and overshot her birthday a bit.

This is my year to catch up, I hope. Will take pics to show my projects. Which will be like: Sophie's quilt, the table runner to save my wife from sin, the Amish Mafia quilt, then we'll see. The Second Lizard top and the Two-Shirts-and-a-Sheet need quilting too.

See ya.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 8:58 AM | Locked

Good to hear from you Joe.  That's it - keep your nose to the grindstone.   Right now I'm trying to decide what my new project will be.   Good to hear from you.     Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,907
Thea replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:33 AM | Locked

Linda - I love your Psalm 23 wall hanging - so pretty - I do know what you mean about hand quilting - oh my - it would take me all year just to finish 1/2 of that wall hanging.  I can still do the last part of the binding by hand but it does take longer and I am still doing hand embroidery to keep my hands as limber as possible - but it takes me a while now where I used to be able to do a block a day... so many wishes for what I could have done when...

Joe - yes this is my year to catch up too... last year with all the stress in my life - which seems to keep continuing no matter what I do - but that is another story for another day... this story is about catching up - I think I have 10 projects in some sort of state of completion.  I set my machine up for satin stitch and have 1 block left to go on my Christmas McKenna Ryan - then on to my Alaska quilt that I really need to get finished for DH - I might hide it away till next year though to give to him... who knows... I am not good at keeping things when I finish them though I want to send them off - or if I do try to keep them they get lost in all the confusion.  

I used to be so organized - but lately there is no organization in my home.  I will be doing spring cleaning next month - that is when I am setting the date to go through everything - re organize the whole house - get rid of some more things that I have that either I will never do or some that are just now impossible to do - so although I don't do yard sales I just might have one... some of my sewing machines are going too ... some that I never use and have no reason to keep anymore as they just gather dust which this house has way to much of... one of the things I am hopefully going to get rid of when we make the move to MN... 

DH worked on the kitchen moldings and floor boards after we got home last week and has it almost done - so now we will move to the front livingroom while Mom is still in the NH and get the flooring down in there - it will be the same Pergo we put down in the kitchen - it will go over the wood floors to make them all match... then i will paint the walls in there and we will re paint the ceilings and those two rooms will be done... the front bedroom was just done last year prior to Mom moving here so nothing to do there - the back bedroom I will empty out of all the tons of material and quilting supplies and go through it - some to donate to my guild - I think I have over 300 books and almost 500 patterns - I will never be able to use the patterns so will either sell them in the yard sale and what doesn't sell will donate to the guild to sell at their next quilt show.  

So yep - going to catch up and get organized this year... no more retreats - have decided that the stress levels go way to high for me - I just don't seem to be able to relax... so staying home for a while and getting myself back together.  I have deemed the rest of this year to not let anyone or anything disturb me and with the good Lord's help that is what will happen - I will strengthen my resolve to do that and put my family first above all else.    So Yep - catching UP!  Good theme for 2013.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 161
Points 3,775
Gerie replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:13 AM | Locked

Finally some time to spend at the computer. I finished last year's Mystery designed by Francoise Maarse and I just finished two pillowcasings (is that the right word) for on the sofa. I don't have a picture of the mysterytop (yet) ,it's just too big to take a picture all by my self. But when I have found some picture taking help,I'll post it.

• | Post Points: 155
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 516
Points 10,450
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:17 AM | Locked

Love the pillows, Gerie. Such exact work on the piecing and the colors are so pretty. You do good work!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,114
Points 110,335
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:18 AM | Locked

Wow, Gerie, I love the pattern. You did a great job.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,907
Thea replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:27 AM | Locked

Gerie - very pretty pillowcases - they bring a smile to my face - bright and beautiful!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 161
Points 3,775
Gerie replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:36 AM | Locked

Thank  you ladies, I used foundation piecing, so it should all come together (almost) perfect.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 161
Points 3,775
Gerie replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 11:11 AM | Locked

I came across my mysteriequilttop on someones blog, so I got her picture. I't's a phonepicture, but you'll get the feeling.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 11:17 AM | Locked

Gerie

I love the pillowcases.  The mystery quilt is beautiful but looks to be on the difficult side of quilting.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 11:20 AM | Locked

Gerie, your pillows are beautiful. So is that Mystery quilt but it sure looks like a lot of work. Was it paper pieced?

Page 36 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use