Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 34 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:07 AM | Locked

Christine:

Whatever... You simply got what you dished out.  You have the same thought process as copyright bullies.  Someone calls you on the carpet, and the only thing you can do is twist what was said and then call it "name calling" and "bad language".  Bad manners and lack of etiquete, as shown in your own posts, which started with Kris. (I wondered which one of you would tell me to get off your board.)  Out comes the old hens to peck, peck, peck like a barn yard full of mad hens.    You've been around here so long you forgot what the Golden Rule is... treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.  

All this wasted space on a quilting board merely so 2 old timers can feel their 'power'. 

OK,OK,OK,OK.  I have been opting not to reply to all this,BUT,  really Christine you have gone beyond bad manners.  You need to remember the golden rule yourself you are the one that is breaking it!!!!!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:16 AM | Locked

Pretty quilt Brigit.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,683
Marie replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:55 AM | Locked

Very nice quilt, Brigit, love the colors!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 12:00 PM | Locked

Christine:
All this wasted space on a quilting board merely so 2 old timers can feel their 'power'. 

I have to say that Kris and Gini the most helpful, knowledgable and NICEST quilter's I know, online and when I met them in person. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 1:22 PM | Locked

I believe you, of course they're nice.  I've seen their posts long enough to know they they can be nice.  Don't ruffle feathers and you'll be fine.  I get it Elizabeth...  let the pecking order stay the way they want it...   you run into power struggles in all aspects of life, quilting is no different.  The problem here is a mirror is reflecting back at some of you and it's not so purty to see the way you are, is it?

Let me show you what someone wrote privately earlier this morning...

"Christine, I saw your post about differences and your blog link. Being insatiably curious, I went there and am delighted. Your family history speaks to DNA that is intelligent and ahead of the crowd (silk garments or not) and your views and concerns touched my heartstrings (Ruby Ridge.)
I perceive you to be similar in nature, regardless of which side of the political or church question you represent, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for being a strong woman, an intelligent woman and woman who has the breadth of intellect to move between and among many different topics. I'll be on the watch for more of your posts."

Back to the hen-pecking... Now that we're entering day 3, here's what will happen today... the original posters are tired and will quit posting, but friends of either side will pipe in with their 2-cents and then it'll boil down to nothing-ness tomorrow....  this goes on everywhere... it's called the human condition.  I throw a wrinkle in this one by putting a mirror in front of the most vocal, that's all that happened to make this hen-pecking different than all the others.

Oh... my blog is http://quiltdasher.blogspot.com  My problem is I can't put up with the henpecking when I'm the target.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 9,320
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 1:44 PM | Locked

I really feel like stirring the pot on this.  Christine, I'm fairly new and have no side on this, but have noticed that most people here have been fairly respectful of each other.  Usually when someone has a statement that is not in line with my thinking or lifestyle, I let it go, because I feel most people here are of that same mindset, or are willing to let everyone be themselves.  What I gather from your last post is that you really want the last word and as a politically active newspaper columnist, you feel you deserve it, but I must say your last post is in bad form.  For someone that writes for a living (?) you don't seem to understand how people are taking your words.  I'm sure you think this is all very funny, but enough alreay.  EVERYONE, enough already.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 689
Points 13,360
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 1:52 PM | Locked

Hi, Everyone!  Many moons ago I posted a photo of some Scottish tartan fabric that I'd purchased for a quilt for my DD and future SIL. I finally completed the quilt- it has tartans from both families. The red tartan is a bit overwhelming, but the combination of the two tartans in the same quilt is what I was going for. Also, I wanted to use a block that would show a good bit of the tartan. So I finally finished it this morning. This will be one of the bridal shower gifts.

And here are the favors for the bridal shower. Thanks to another Carol who is a QCA member (BIG thanks!) I had an easy pattern for the totes. The totes will have manicure sets, scented candles, and organza bags with candy in them.

• | Post Points: 140
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 1:58 PM | Locked

Carol, I LOVE your scottish quilt.  I think the red really adds to it.  Love the bags for bridal gifts, what a great idea

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 2:02 PM | Locked

carol, your quilt is beautiful and i know your kids will love it.   nice job on all the bags, too.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 2:14 PM | Locked

Carol,

I love the quilt and the bags are a fun idea for favours. WTG.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,390
Points 46,930
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 2:49 PM | Locked

ls2116:

I'm gonna change the subject or try to.  I'm thinking the next baby quilt i make will not be pieced but whole cloth quilt .  I've never done one.  If you have any suggestions I'd be thankful for them.  I figure a whole cloth quilt would have to be marked.  Should I tape it to table to do the marking?

IS the idea of making a whole cloth baby quilt is wonderful.  I would never have thought of it.  Do you think you would embroider things on it or just let your creative quilting do the design?   I would love to see what your ideas are.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,390
Points 46,930
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 2:51 PM | Locked

Donna your quilt is stunning.  Those borders will make your star shine.  I just can't wait to see it all together.  Are you done yet?  (Kidding!)

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,390
Points 46,930
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:02 PM | Locked

Carol, I love the quilt and the bags too.  I once got tartan that represented my grandmothers family, but that was before I quilted, and sadly enough I don't know where it ended after so many moves.  I'm sure your DD. and SIL will love their warm quilt made with lots of love.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,518
Points 50,900
Ginny replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:11 PM | Locked

Lovly job on the quilt, Carol.   The gift bags are cute too.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,452
Points 40,765
Mimi replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:39 PM | Locked

Carol,  You have been sooooo busy.  The shower gifts are just adorable.  The tartans quilt will be a family heirloom.   You're ambition is amazing.  WTG

Page 34 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use