Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 33 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 11:47 PM | Locked

donna, perhaps you could change the name of the quilt to, "sarah's wedding quilt is living at mom's"

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 1:13 AM | Locked

is depending on the size, i tape my large things to the window to trace.  you can also use a light box,  unless you are free handing the design. 

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 238
Points 4,295
Christine replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 1:14 AM | Locked

gini:

christine,  you need to get your facts straight, prior to your sniping.    i agree with your position.  kris and i have had the same discussion, but neither of us had felt a need to  resort to name calling or bad language.  if you feel the need to continue with name calling and bad language, i hope you find another board that appreciates your behavior.   

Whatever... You simply got what you dished out.  Someone calls you on the carpet, and the only thing you can do is twist what was said and then call it "name calling" and "bad language".  Bad manners and lack of etiquete, as shown in your own posts, which started with Kris. (I wondered which one of you would tell me to get off your board.)  Out comes the old hens to peck, peck, peck like a barn yard full of mad hens.    You've been around here so long you forgot what the Golden Rule is... treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 238
Points 4,295
Christine replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 1:34 AM | Locked

I grew up on a farm, we had cows, horses, sheep and we had chicken coops.  3 of them in fact.  Did you know chickens argued?  You should see a group of chickens sometime, it's hilarious when an old ones gets her feathers ruffled.  

If you want good eggs the pecking order needs to be controlled, you see the old timers don't know when to stop.  If a farmer lets that happen, the good egg production slows to a halt.  The old hens, used to being in power, start pecking out the eyes of the hens they disagree with.  My dad would grab the old ones and they'd be on the dinner table that night. 

It's the same thing with a group of women.  The old ones who've been around the longest forget their manners and turn into bullies...

I bet you're assuming I'm talking about Kris and Gini here?  Actually, I'm talking about copyright naz-is.   The pecking order got out of control and some of the old timers were knocked off their perch when they started twisting the law.  It needed to happen.  Hopefully, the correct information is getting out there so we can get back to buying patterns again.  It hasn't been much fun to buy patterns lately, with all the pecking going on out there.  Like a chicken coop... a few old timers go overboard, maybe they peck on a few chickens but it affects the entire flock.  No eggs are given because it's not fun in the chicken coop anymore... or to put it into quilting terms... no egg money is given out because it's not fun in the pattern store anymore.

I guess, if you'd like to use this analogy on the way Kris and Gini behave, then as Kris says, "that's on you".

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:38 AM | Locked

Been up since 3:30 am...this daylight savings time sucks!  Coffee pot on and dogs still snuggled down and sleeping, who's the smart one here?

I need to star cutting some of the strips I've sewn, maybe later when I'm really wide awake.  gonna pour a cup of joe and see what transpires.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:53 AM | Locked

Where is thread that begins My Day that is so popular???

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,817
Points 365,857
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 4:10 AM | Locked

Good morning Joni. I'm just going to bed. Are you looking for "What are you up to today?"

There's a thread called "My Day" in the crazy quilt group.

Have a nice morning. See you later.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 4:19 AM | Locked

Wow, Kris you are definitely a night owl!  Have a nice sleep and thanks for the info.  Will check it out.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 5:00 AM | Locked

Joni:
Been up since 3:30 am...this daylight savings time sucks!

I'm "sleeping" over at the neighbor's house pet-sitting their dogs, and we all think the time change sucks. So, I'm pretending the quilt retreat is still going on.  I've got my featherweight here and I'm sewing up lots of binding strips for some charity quilts.  I think this afternoon, when these dogs are down at our house visiting Calley, I may have to sneak into my own bed for a good nap.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:31 AM | Locked

a group nap sounds great, i used to do that with the kids, now they're too old. sigh 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:38 AM | Locked

Still loving that new avatar pic, Gini!  What a great smile!  Too bad in its small format we can't see the quilt pattern on the glass lens.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 679
Points 17,050
Brigit-Carol replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:39 AM | Locked

Donna - your wedding quilt is going to be absolutely gorgous!  That is an intricate pattern, but it looks like you are whipping its buttinski.  Good for you for being willing to be stretched like that!  I'm not so brave, so stick with easy to make patterns.  The one I'm current working on was inspired by one Bonita displayed at the Branson retreat.  Does anyone know the name of it?   I'm planning on doing a 2" solid black border, but don't have any solid black so will have to wait until I'm in town next.

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 9,365
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:43 AM | Locked

Donna:
  I do need a  little help.  The border has 4 squares that are "anchored" on each corner,  I am worried about the placement and how to get it just right.  Anyone have a tutorial they can suggest???? 

Donna, I don't have a tutorial, but ran into this problem myself and got so hung up I put a quilt away for years before I got back to it.  Here's what I figured out.  Put one strip on one side without any corner squares.  Then add one squre to the next strip on the end you'll start sewing from and so one until the last strip.  Add both squres after measuring very carefully.  You can also add opposite sides without the squares.  Then put one on each end of the two remaining strips.  Hope this makes sense. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:44 AM | Locked

thanks nancy, it took a while to figure out how to get it up.  for a bit  last night i managed to make it blank.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:46 AM | Locked

pretty quilt brigit-carol

gini in north idaho

Page 33 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use