Top 10 Posters

Singer Quantum Stylist 9960

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
53 Posts
Points 1,325
Sara posted on Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:40 PM

Do any of you use the Singer Quantum Stylist sewing machine? I am thinking about upgrading to it. It looks like a great machine and has all the major features I am looking for at this point...plus more. Just wondering if anybody here uses it for their quilting?

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Not Ranked
Female
53 Posts
Points 1,325
Sara replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 5:45 PM

Nancy my local dealer does sell the Janome Magnolia 7330 for the same price as online. But I left there yesterday really feeling like that would be the last place I would want to purchase a machine. I will take it there for service since they are the only show in town. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
195 Posts
Points 7,960

I do most of my piecing on a 1949 Singer Featherweight I got on ebay.  The reason is machine maintenance.  I can easily access what I need to oil or grease and I can easily take care of any lint that accumulates around the bobbin or the feed dogs.  It is all accessible and I can do it myself.  I have dealt with enough of the used car salesman  "well looky here, little lady......it's too old so we need to sell you a new one of those $5000 machines" type.  One of the ladies in my normal BOM classes said "you know they do sell more modern machines than that" and I explained to her I have more modern machines in my house and they don't stitch as nicely as my featherweight and they aren't as quiet as a featherweight.  My boys call the featherweight my "stealth" machine because they can't hear me sewing from the other end of the house.  Mostly, though, I just really don't like dealing with the smug repairmen around my area.  I sew too much to go the year between maintenance calls and I know I am a lint queen with my projects....I don't need a repairman to tell me what I already know and then charge me $90 a visit on top of that.  For less than 3 repair visits, I can own another featherweight.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use