Top 10 Posters

QCA administration. Don't you ever check the posts any more? Please get rid of the spam and restart some of the threads.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti Posted: Sun, Feb 10 2013 5:56 AM

I don't click on them, so those foreign language spam adds are taking up over a third of my first page of the posts I haven't read. PLEASE DELETE THEM!  I could just click on them and that would bury them, but I would rather they be eliminated.

And some of the threads are so long! " What did you do today" has well over 6000 posts and "did you work on a quilt today" has over 3700 posts.  Can you close them and start new ones?  This used to be done when they reached 2000 and it sure improved the speed. 

These two items will be the deciding factor of whether or not I renew in May.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 660

Hi, I am new in the group and would like to post... LOL I just can't find how to.. sorry

Isis

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 6:18 AM

Iris, you are doing just fine . when YOu want to post, just pick a thread that intrest you  you can read the entire thread or just click on the last page and backtrack, if you wnat to post and anwser, just click on quick reply at the botton of each post and a little form will come up, after you type in your message just hit post.  I hope this helped you ,  I also wnated to welcome you to the club, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 9:58 AM

Hi Isis.  If you want to start a new topic, go to message boards, scroll down, pick out a category, such as "quilting," then you will see in blue up towards the right "write a new post."  A box will come up for the title, and for the message.  This is a great one to use if you have a specific how to question. 

for a simple reply, click the "quick reply" , in any post. 

If you want to quote someone, click in reply at the top, highlight to part you want to quote, hit quote and then type in your response. 

As you can tell, we don't end up sticking to the issue on these threads, but usually get around to the primary topic again.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:00 AM

Oh, and on your home page, look on the left, "welcome to QCA"  it will give you a lot of information about how to use and navigate this site. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:13 AM

Patti...

I have even opened them and reported those posts and yet they are still there :-( 

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:14 AM

Isis...

Welcome and those two ladies have sent you in the right directions...Good Luck!

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 1:17 PM

Darn, I saw 6 responses to this thread and thought maybe admin was getting back to us about the issue.

Well, it's Sunday.  Maybe on Monday?

Could Nana or any of the other moderators reach someone in another method since they seem to ignore the threads we address to them?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 660

Thanks, girls for the quick answer. I am Isis Eliane, from Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. I'm 60, married, 3 daughters, 2 DGD and 1 DGS... and Lola, my maltese.

My English is not that good and I ask you all, if I write something wrong, correct me, ok?

I will go to Florida, Orlando, im May. Do you know a good quilt shop around?

As soon as I find out how , I will post some quilts photos... I

Hugs= Abraços

Isis

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,520
Points 25,455
Debbie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 2:14 PM

I have actually copied and pasted into Google translate to see what they were and it's all gobbledy goop really, someone's idea of marketing but badly written.  I was curious and wondered if it was a quilter from Japan, but no!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,520
Points 25,455
Debbie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 2:15 PM

Hi, Isis - welcome to QCA!  you'll love it here, it's my new Facebook.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 660

Is japonese what was posted?

Isis

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 660

are my posts going with those spam?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 4:12 PM

Isis Eliane:
are my posts going with those spam?

Isis, welcome!  No your posts are not being posted as spam.  Just take the advice of the girls on this post and you'll be all set.  Nice to have you join us, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 4:05 AM

Isis,welcome to the club, Even if you use your native language ,a lot of us have a translator on our computer so we can convert it to English ,We have a lady here from Guatemala,I think that does not use English and I have no trouble with her messages..   WE are happy to have you joining us. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use