Top 10 Posters

What is your favorite stitch and stitch length?

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 30 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:37 PM

Frances....

I had to look up what froggin is....*giggles* I have to agree with  you.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:43 PM

These "stitch bibles" are neat. I really like these ideas. I am lost and was looking for guidence and as usual I got a wonderful Idea. I know I have used each one messing around but keep forgetting and the stitch bible would work wonderful to remember with different sizes even. Thanks for the idea.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:45 PM

Sorry I hit wrong thing and posted too early *giggles* I have wild fingers tonight.

Thanks for the beautiful examples of your individual "bibles". Each one of them are very nice.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:49 PM

Donna B:

This is called a "Stitch Bible" for your machine.  There is a class on Craftsy.com called "Stupendous Stitches" specifically designed to help you make a stitch bible for your machine and then make a project using the decorative stitches you have discovered.  If you haven't looked at it, you really should!  The classes and most of the teachers are great and once paid for, never expire...and they are available to you whenever you want to look back at them.

Donna.....

Thanks I will go check them out. Some one else had suggested them I just hadn;t made it over there yet. I really like the idea of they never expire...cause sometimes you just need to go back over information.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,743
Points 364,857
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 8:23 PM

Rhonnie:
I really like the idea of they never expire...cause sometimes you just need to go back over information.

Or, if you're like me, you sign up then don't do anything with the class for months. I have some that I haven't even viewed yet.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 9:34 PM

Now Kris that is sounding like me...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 9:58 PM

I do stitch in ditch around 2.5.  I use blanket or satin for applique.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:19 PM

Kris:
I have some that I haven't even viewed yet.

Only some?  I'm trying to be good and not buy so much fabric, so instead I'm buying up Craftsy classes every time they're on sale, and they're on sale pretty often. 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:40 PM

Rhonnie:

Frances....

I had to look up what froggin is....*giggles* I have to agree with  you.

Over in England i call it unpicking but the girls seem to use the term froggin and since MNancey is trying to Americanize me i thought i had better try harder otherwise she will give me detention (not sure if you all use this word, its when youve been naughty at school and the teacher keeps you behind after school).

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:47 PM

Oh, yes, some of us know all about detention...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 12:27 AM

Kris....

I am not admitting to nothing nothing at all....lets just say I have something to watch when I have time or just want to relax.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 12:31 AM

Is2116..

.I have yet to try to do the stitch in the ditch. This is my goal this year is to complete a whole quilt myself or atleast close to it without someone else finishing it for me. I am excited with my goals this year especially that one.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 12:36 AM

Frances....

I have to say I like the froggin term. Plus I will agree you have the best favorite stitch *giggles* the one that doesn't need froggin. Yes we use the term detention...I just have no clue how that works I am the sweet innocent one *bats innocent eyes*  Now MNancy sounds like she might have some experience *giggles* I wonder about those stories.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,743
Points 364,857
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 12:46 AM

MNnancy:

Kris:
I have some that I haven't even viewed yet.

Only some?  I'm trying to be good and not buy so much fabric, so instead I'm buying up Craftsy classes every time they're on sale, and they're on sale pretty often. 

That's what gets me Nancy. The sales. I'm even signed up for knitting and tatting! LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,743
Points 364,857
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 12:49 AM

Rhonnie:
Yes we use the term detention...I just have no clue how that works I am the sweet innocent one *bats innocent eyes*  Now MNancy sounds like she might have some experience *giggles* I wonder about those stories.

In my primary and secondary school days I never got detention but I was sent to the headmaster/headmistress often. It tapered off a lot in my later years.

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use