Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 7:58 PM

Beautiful designs, colors, and quilting!  Thanks for sharing your day.  What kind of freebies did you get?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,626
Points 36,875
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:03 PM

Awesome photos !  Felt like I was there Thanks Debbie.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:54 AM

Debbie thanks for sharing those amazing pictures! I watched a few of the quiltcon on Craftsy! They are very informative and I learned so much!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655

I'm so glad y'all have enjoyed this.  I'm not sure if it'll be an annual even just in Austin or if it'll be a national event like the International Quilt Festival.  Time will tell.  There were certainly lots of people there!

As I said, the freebies were great.  Craftsy gave me a code for a free class plus two for 50% off the hand quilting and the feathers classes.. plus a little graph paper notebook and a pin.  I got to play with some soft phoomph and took home a sample of the stiff one. Moda had these cute mini charm packs (not sure what they're calling them) and I ended up with four of them.  they're 2 1/2" square.  Andover was giving away a free charm pack.  I got a free mini template to use on jelly rolls and the Alliance for American Quilts gave me a small tote bag with one of their new labels and a tape measure.  Goodsmiths is a new crafters marketplace (much like Etsy but less expensive to have a store?) .  They gave us one Story Patch (http://stkr.it/) which is a neat idea as long as the technology is good.  Check out that site for an explanation... it's a way to attach a story to your quilt.  Last but not least, a 50% off code to use at Interweave.  It expires on Tuesday, I'm glad I got all this stuff out to look at it!!

Here's pictures of the goods, plus the two things I actually bought (has anyone out there tried it?):

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 6:36 PM

Wow Debbie, it was just like Christmas for quilters! No I have never tried those two thongs you bought, so you'll have to let us know how it works.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 651
Points 12,305
Loved seeing all your items. Can't believe I was so sick that whole weekend and couldn't go. Count me in for next year!

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Sat, May 18 2013 10:06 AM

This was posted on Facebook today, just a little more from Quiltcon... 

http://vimeo.com/66329479

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, May 18 2013 12:09 PM

Debbie

Thanks for posting those absolutely fantastic quilts.  And the quilting just totally blew me away.  I would have be lost for days just enjoying  them.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Sat, May 18 2013 2:52 PM

Joni, you're welcome.  There was some incredible quilting for sure.  It was neat to see Angela Walter's quilt on  the cover of Quilter's Newsletter last week (it was in the last group of photos I posted).  I've watched her on videos and she makes it look SO easy.  I'm here to tell you, it's NOT!  :)

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use