Page 2 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 59 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:31 AM

Well  H--ll Bells Kris,   I just don't think i could handle that much s--w,   I think i would go nuts with that much stuff piled up around me lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 11:16 AM

Oh my, Marie,  I am so glad you have power as there is no going out for you.   That looks pretty overwhelming to have to try to move.   Guess you can stay in and get a lot of quilting done now.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 11:45 AM

Too much snow for me.

I have a question, Kris and Maire, what happends when the snow crowded aganist the door starts to melt?  Will the water seep under the door sills and come inside?

Hope you power does nto go out, and that you both have a fireplace if it does.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,525
Points 177,388
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 12:00 PM

Sukochi, my son is out snow blowing and shoveling as I type so no worry of the melted s--w seeping in under the door sills.  The s--w has stopped here.  I do have a fireplace in case power goes out but I'll likely go to my sons house next door, he has a generator.  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,525
Points 177,388
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 12:20 PM

Here's a couple of pics showing him doing just that.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,247
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 12:35 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I have a question, Kris and Maire, what happends when the snow crowded aganist the door starts to melt?  Will the water seep under the door sills and come inside?

It will be just like a bad rain. The door's sealed pretty well. 

In any case we'll clear it when it stops coming down (it's very light now) and the wind dies down a bit. 

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Hope you power does nto go out, and that you both have a fireplace if it does.

We don't have a fireplace or wood stove so pray it doesn't go out.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,247
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 12:36 PM

Leslie :

Well  H--ll Bells Kris,   I just don't think i could handle that much s--w,   I think i would go nuts with that much stuff piled up around me lol

Leslie,

I'm just thankful I'm not on call so I don't have to leave the house until Monday. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,247
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 12:38 PM

Marie:
Kris, I wasn't brave enough to open my doors for fear the s--w would all blow in.

Didn't even think of that. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215

That's just crazy!  My sister in Mont Vernon, NH reports 2 feet of snow and she hasn't lost power, much to her surprise. 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 2:47 PM

You guys sent us some awsome pictures ,but I'l so glad its not me. Just be careful please don't fall . I do have to admit it sureis beautiful to look at. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

Gee Kris, how do you rate! My storm door opens out, so when we get drifts like that, there's no opening it.

Marie, I hope you have hot cocoa ready when your son finishes up on the deck. He looks like he needs it!

Stay warm and stay safe, Ladies.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,778
Points 122,345

Kris and Marie. I've been thinking about you guys out east and hoping you were doing OK. Glad you haven't lost power but I understand others are not so lucky.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 3:37 PM

Kris:
We don't have a fireplace or wood stove so pray it doesn't go out.

Kris, this is why you make lots of quilts!

I'm glad you got home safely from work and can stay home for the rest of the weekend. Hopefully weather conditions will be better by the time you head to work on Monday.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,247
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 3:57 PM

chocake2:
Gee Kris, how do you rate! My storm door opens out, so when we get drifts like that, there's no opening it.

No storm door. Our front door was replaced recently but the storm door has been put back. The one leading to the deck can't be moved right now. We'll have to get to the deck through the garage out back but here's that doorway:

So DH decides he wants ice cream and for some reason I agree to go along for the ride (insanity). We got stuck at the end of the driveway in a s**w bank left by the plow. The neighbours came to our rescue and help clear a path. It is soooo cold out there and that wind OMG. I'm not sure there was anyone in the grocery store besides us.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,525
Points 177,388
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 4:06 PM

chocake2:
Marie, I hope you have hot cocoa ready when your son finishes up on the deck. He looks like he needs it!

I did one better than that CC, I made a pan of that delicious veggie soup on Wednesday and I heated up a big bowl of that for him.  He still has to go out to finish up on the deck, big drifts there.

Millbury, MA

Page 2 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use