Page 1 of 4 (60 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 59 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:00 PM

to all our sisters out in the blizzard area and bad snow falls, you all be safe , Been watching on and off all day on weather channel and I'm so gald its not us ,  WE will be thinking of you .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:40 PM

I thought mi. weather was bad today I can't imagine the eastern blizzard I hope all stay safe.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 3:13 AM

Texted my brother in Boston to see how he's fairing.  The moving company he works for has shut down.  He rented a motel room near work for the next two days so he can enjoy 200 channels of TV to ride out the storm.  (He's single and he doesn't own a TV).  I hope he doesn't lose power...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 4:09 AM

Stay safe everyone in the northeast.   I've been there, done that.  Lived thru a lot of them before I retired and finally headed south.  The 1993 blizzard, we had 40 inches of snow dumped on us in about 30 hours.  Got snowed in for 4 days.  We lived on top of a mountain out in the country.  Snow plows gave up on Thurs. night because the roads were drifting in as fast as they were opening them.  They finally showed up on Monday afternoon.  We were used to it, so we had plenty of firewood for the stove to heat and cook if the power went out.  We had freezer full of food and pantry full of canned goods.  Just stay home, snuggle with a good book or man, whichever you have.....and stay safe.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.    

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 555
Points 8,770
Joyce replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 7:58 AM

I do hope that everyone in the NE will be safe.  I feel so bad for those that are still suffering from the hurricane and now snow/blizzard.

Joyce

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 8:00 AM

Prayers and blessing being sent from across the pond, stay safe everyone.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,388
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 9:37 AM

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes about "Nemo" the blizzard.  Here's a few pictures from Millbury, MA.

First one is from my sliders out to the deck, my grille on the deck and my back door, it's still coming down.  I am fortunate to not lose power but to the south of me there are power losses and evacuations for those who live near the shore.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

OMG, Marie, that is horrid,  i would be going bonkers.  Do you have someone who can clean that away from your doors?

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,451
Points 24,120
Debbie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 9:56 AM

Wow, Marie that reminds me of when we lived in Montana.  Too bad you guys don't get chinooks (where warm wind comes in and dries all the snow up in a day's time.)  Remember one year I slipped coming home New Year's eve and my keys went up in the air and landed in the snow.  I didn't find them for a month.  That is the honest to God truth!  it stayed in the minus degrees (-20s) for three weeks but you don't notice after a few days just how cold it is, once you get acclimated to it.   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,468
Points 362,032
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:11 AM

Cool photos Marie. It pretty much looks like that here. The wind is still very strong here but we've not lost power yet (it won't be over until later this afternoon).

Here's our front door from inside:

and when I open it:

my front steps are here somewhere:

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Marie, thanks for sharing the pictures. I am so glad that you have power! I love the snow, is this where I get beat up LOL. But feel for everyone who hates it and feel trapped. It must be terrible for them,

MelodyP

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,451
Points 24,120
Debbie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:15 AM

Oh, my Kris - do take care first time going down those.  I do not envy you guys, I love snow but only for a limited time and sounds like ya'll are going to have it for a few days or more.  Please be careful and stay warm!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
WOW, GREAT pictures! I still love the snow and yes I have had to get around in it and shovel it and tread carefully and put up with wet floors because it was tracked in, even tore up the exhaust out from under my car trying to get to work one year. Cost me more to get that fixed than I made that day, but I still love the snow!!

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,388
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:21 AM

Thanks for your concern, Leslie.  My son has it covered, he's just waiting until the snow let's up a bit.  The wind is also high so it won't be fun for him to clear it out and have it drift again.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,388
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:28 AM

Kris, I wasn't brave enough to open my doors for fear the s--w would all blow in.  I don't mind the s--w as long as I don't have to go out in it and it is pretty to look at for a day.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 80
Page 1 of 4 (60 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use