Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 350
Ardis Posted: Fri, Feb 8 2013 7:44 AM

I'm lookiing for a step by step class on quilting, starting with basics and going on from there. I love the How-to videos & instructional videos, but I haven't found any that are tailored for someone who has little experience. Any ideas? Has anyone come across such a program? I have problems with rotary cutting accurately, designing, shapes, sashing, etc.

Thanks!

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 350
Ardis replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 7:45 AM

P.S.  It's not snowing in sunny Florida!! 68 degrees this morning, heading up to 80.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 12,375

If there is a community college nearby, they may have a class you'd like. Also, check with local quilt shops. If they don't offer a class, they may be able to refer you to someone who does. Good luck!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:53 PM

If there is a quilt guild near you, you could attend and ask if any experienced quilter would be willing to take a newcomer under her wing.  I'm doing that with a gal from church who wanted to learn to quilt and we're having lots of fun together!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

Your local quilt store might offer beginner classes but I'm not sure you have a lot of need for quilts in Florida. LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,934
gini replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:24 AM

the early shows of  Quilty, are designed for beginners.  if you are a paid member here, you can access to those shows. 

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use