rated by 0 users
This post has 71 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 7:57 AM

Ginny:
Please take advantage of all the things that are going right.   If somethig would happen that she would have to go back into the hospital, be certain to try to keep her room for her.  If you don't , a room might not be available when she needed to come back

I was told about this problem yesterday and as much as possible we will keep the room - there is only one small problem - medicare will only pay for one - the hospital or the NH - if she has to go for just a short 1-4 day stay we could probably keep the room with out much difficulty but it will be $171 per day that we would have to pay.  We will do it though - that is one of the reasons that I have been trying hard to get her house in NY sold so that she can have a cushion in the savings account to handle things like this - keep your fingers crossed that it sells soon - we have had some interest lately but so far no one can get a mortgage on it - and I just can't put any more money into the home without knowing that we will get it back on the other side.  I have been even advised just to let it go back to the bank... trying hard at the moment not to do that to keep paying but you get to a point.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 8:25 AM

Please take care of Thea for us too.  We need you here.   Prayers for you to feel better soon.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 8:35 AM

Great news, Thea!  I will continue to pray for you and your mom.  You take care of yourself, you've been through a lot.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:49 AM

Marie, Thank you - I did get up in a ton of pain today - my left hip is horribly swollen and my lower back is causing me to cringe everytime I move - but that will ease up as the day progresses.

I did call the nursing home a few minutes ago and told them I wouldn't be over until DH got home this afternoon - they said Mom was awake all night long and didn't understand the call button procedure.  Barbara says that some take a little while to get used to this so I am hopeful that they will get her to understand.  she didn't eat any breakfast but said that was because she wasn't hungry - she didn't know why she wasn't hungry but that she wasn't.  I told them I am just around the corner so if they really need me I will get there within 10 minutes but that if they don't that I will wait till this afternoon and hopefully this hip and lower back will ease up.  

I just am hurting so bad... I am just not recovered yet - nor is my body used to all this go go go that I have been doing.  I do a lot around the house with my housework everyday but normally I don't leave my house but maybe once a week and since Mom went in the hospital I have been up and back to there at least 2 times a day and this is not doing me any good.

I have high hopes but am a little down trodden to know that she isn't settling in as good as I had hoped.  Barbara tells me that this is normal though and that they won't kick her out because of this.  

I do have my ice pack on my back and have taken my Mobic(anti imflammatory) and it usually gets better as the day goes on... I will get up and mop the kitchen floor and make it work - that is kind of like my exercise to get going... not for a little while though - going to let this ice get a hold first.

On a good note - I sat here and designed the block that I am going to use for Kristies border on her quilt - sent Barbara a picture of it and she really likes it - I would share it here but it is supposed to be a secret till Kristie gets it - it was fun to design a special block though - I will use it in my own quilts as Kristie's quilt has a cat theme so does my center - teehee - so this block is going to be perfect.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:26 AM

How is your Mom handling not having her dog with her? I would imagine that is a big deal right now.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:35 AM

Praying that all is going better for you and your mom.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:44 AM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

How is your Mom handling not having her dog with her? I would imagine that is a big deal right now.

Sukochi - the day of the surgery and that next day she knew who Cocoa was - but Tues, Wed and Thurs until she was moved to the NH she had no recollection of the dog nor cared.  I have a picture of Cocoa that I took back in May when she was hospitalized for her stroke and I had taken that to the hospital - it was on her table - well Monday when she got violent after the Dr was in to see her (this was the first time since in the hospital that her regular dr came in - she had been seen by a partner of his over the weekend) she had thrown the magnifying glass - the picture frame - and anything she could lay her hands at and broke them...

I fixed the picture and it is at the end of her bed in the NH so she can see it.  I talked to them about Cocoa visiting and have to get an updated form from the vet showing she is up to date on her shots and if her room mate does not mind Cocoa can come into the room for visits... Mom doesn't seem to care at the moment though.  I told her about this and she said what ever you want to do... I am hopeful as the medications get out of her system that she becomes more aware - she did say yesterday at the end of my time there that she missed Cocoa sitting on her lap and keeping her warm - so that was a good sign...

Cocoa is doing okay so far - she is back in the main part of the house with us and the other animals - yep we're all animals - teehee - she is eating regularly and scampers around when I get her food out to feed her... I worry too though as she lays in front of the door to the front and keeps looking for Mom but she hasn't stopped eating so that is the good part....

Although Barbara could probably tell you - Cocoa could miss a few meals and it wouldn't hurt...teehee... she has though lost a lot of weight since being here - needs to still lose more but going out with the big dogs more will get her more exercise - she does use the pet door by herself when needed - before she had to be let out from the front of the house as I kept that separated as my Mom would hit my fur babies if they bothered her... so I kept them away from her.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:13 AM

Thea, like Barbara said, give her some time to get used to her new "home" before you get down trodden. Concentrate on taking care of you and let the NH take care of your mom, that's what they are trained to do.  It will be bumpy for awhile but it will improve.  Prayers going up for your pain.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,807
Points 43,614
Eileen replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:08 PM

Thea, gentle hugs to you.  As usual, you're handling this like a trooper - so much at once! You amaze me.  Take care of yourself as well as your mom, the house, Jay, all the animals - just build breaks into your day to relax a bit.  I'm glad your mom is in a good place right now & hope you feel better soon, too :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 5:17 PM

Okay, I learned something today...teehee - the television we got for her yesterday - we tried to hook up the TV ears to it so that she could use her headphones and not disturb her room mate wouldn't work - so we went and purchased wireless headphones - nope wouldn't work either so we thought it was the TV - I was going to return it but decided to get one from Wally world where there was a better selection and then return the one to Kmart that we bought yesterday.  Well, the guy at wally world told me there is no power to the audio jacks so that is why the tv ears nor the wireless headphones wouldn't work - but to get an adapter and plug it into the headphone jack and that has power... and it worked... was awesome!!!  Never knew this as they worked fine at home on the old Sharp tV.  Old tv's are better for this - teehee...

Anyway, we got Mom a recliner for little people -teehee - it is closer to the ground and will not tip over if she tries to get up - the foot rest goes down as soon as she puts pressure on it - I sat in it and it felt small but was just right for her.  She likes it a lot and was so happy.  They took her down to listen to a pianist that came into entertain them and she liked that - so I made a comment about maybe she would end up wanting to stay there and not come home - she said could she have Cocoa there and I said no that they would allow her to visit but she couldn't stay - she said that was the deciding factor - and that she missed Jay and I... so then she said she is going to work hard to be able to get up and about.  

She did good...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 5:47 PM

Praise God for all His favors. You are so very blessed. Look at all he has done for you, just in the past to days. He promised that He would never give us more then we could handle. When you got overwhelmed, there He was. Stepped in and fixed it. I do so love the Lord.

Sounds like you Mom is gonna be just fine. So, that is taken care of.

Now, Thea, you take care of you. Plan on, and GO to Branson. Relax with your GF's and sew to your heart's content. Have FUN! It's your turn. I don't want to hear that you are not going. If you say that, I will just get Barbara to come there, throw you over her shoulder, and haul you away. And, she would do it. You need the distracion..and laughter...and fun...and hugs of your friends. Please, go.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 8:48 PM

Oh my Thea.  I want to see Barbara coming into retreat with you thrown over her shoulder.   I am not sure but I think you are taller than Barbara and I just picture you with your head dragging on the floor with Barbara waddling thru the door with cane in one hand and you in the other.....ROFLOL.

I am glad to hear that things are going better with your Mom.   She will soon settle in to the NH and do fine.  It usually takes a few days for new patients to get use to the surroundings.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 8:48 PM

Thea, thank The Lord! This truly is the best thing this week!   I'm happy to hear your mom is doing better. You are right, God will help. Be assured that our prayers will continue for as long as you need them.

(((((QUILTY HUGS)))))

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:07 PM

Nana, I like your idea ,but I think that would put both Thea and I in traction for to long and I can't be away from my machine that long, Besides  I don't want to  tick  Jay off he might not let me come back to visit .LOL    

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 9:14 AM

Thea, I'm doing the Happy Dance for you!  God is good and answers all our prayers.  Mom will do well now which means so will you.

Millbury, MA

Page 2 of 5 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use