Quilty questions

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050

Gee Nana, that's what I thought too, but sorry to say I won't be using it again.  I have used the lavender fields one with no problem so far and will probably try it again.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827

Here's another vote for Best Press.  I buy nonscented - not for myself but because others who I sometimes sew with are sensitive to scents.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690

Hi Donna in Oregon,

my vote is best press. This years resolution was to challenge myself with some  precise piecing, which involved on the bias sewing.... As I worked through the pattern, I read recommendations of some type of starch. I used un scented,best press. to me, I thought it is clear and no perfume, got to be the best solution. For me it was an interesting product...... My piecing came out pretty good, I was actually impressed with myself...lol the product helped stabilize fabric without changing the fabric itself. Now I am hooked on the product. I do buy the product by the gallon and when on sale. I do not use it on every quilt project, but when I need to I just love it!

Michelle

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805

i just loooked at MAry Ellen's Best Press at Amazon and they have 2 of the 32 oz. bottles for $14.95 each. Guess, whoever uses that should buy some now!!

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 940

I dilute 1/2 cup Faultless Concentrate starchwith 3-4 cups water in a spray bottle.  I use this on my quilting projects and my clothes.  A half gallon bottle lasts quite a while, and it's only $3.99 a bottle.  Best Press is great, but it's too expensive for me.  Starch does build up on the iron, but I keep a Magic Eraser nearby and it cleans the iron beautifully.

Debbie, I note that you are from OKC.  Your face looks so familiar.  I lived in Edmond 36 years -- left there six years ago to move East to be near my son and his family.  I would bet that Quiltworks there in OKC carries Best Press. 

Jane

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 10

Hi! I LOVE Best Press and I always use it. I prefer the linen scent and the rose made me cough as well. I like the stiffness that I am able to achieve with the best press. It makes it easier to work with in piecing, for me. I have a "Go" Fabric cutter, so I am not sure about the simplicity version. However, I really like my Fabric cutter when it comes to multiple strip cutting or blocks.

With my "Go" cutter, I learned the hard way that it really mattered which way I cut the fabric, as far as the length wise grain or the crosswise grain. I have a lot of pride and I hate to look stupid. So, it was hard for me to ask for help. Little did I know that, "Not" asking for help is what made me look stupid, not the other way around. For a long time I just could not grasp the concept of lengthwise grain, crosswise grain and bias. Anyway, I said all of that just to say, if you get a fabric cutter, make sure that you follow the directions and even the suggestions before you get discouraged about having made a bad investment......

Kathy

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use