Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 8:34 AM

Gee Nana, that's what I thought too, but sorry to say I won't be using it again.  I have used the lavender fields one with no problem so far and will probably try it again.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 1:12 PM

Here's another vote for Best Press.  I buy nonscented - not for myself but because others who I sometimes sew with are sensitive to scents.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 12:32 PM

Hi Donna in Oregon,

my vote is best press. This years resolution was to challenge myself with some  precise piecing, which involved on the bias sewing.... As I worked through the pattern, I read recommendations of some type of starch. I used un scented,best press. to me, I thought it is clear and no perfume, got to be the best solution. For me it was an interesting product...... My piecing came out pretty good, I was actually impressed with myself...lol the product helped stabilize fabric without changing the fabric itself. Now I am hooked on the product. I do buy the product by the gallon and when on sale. I do not use it on every quilt project, but when I need to I just love it!

Michelle

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 2:17 PM

i just loooked at MAry Ellen's Best Press at Amazon and they have 2 of the 32 oz. bottles for $14.95 each. Guess, whoever uses that should buy some now!!

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 940

I dilute 1/2 cup Faultless Concentrate starchwith 3-4 cups water in a spray bottle.  I use this on my quilting projects and my clothes.  A half gallon bottle lasts quite a while, and it's only $3.99 a bottle.  Best Press is great, but it's too expensive for me.  Starch does build up on the iron, but I keep a Magic Eraser nearby and it cleans the iron beautifully.

Debbie, I note that you are from OKC.  Your face looks so familiar.  I lived in Edmond 36 years -- left there six years ago to move East to be near my son and his family.  I would bet that Quiltworks there in OKC carries Best Press. 

Jane

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 10
Kathy replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 3:33 PM

Hi! I LOVE Best Press and I always use it. I prefer the linen scent and the rose made me cough as well. I like the stiffness that I am able to achieve with the best press. It makes it easier to work with in piecing, for me. I have a "Go" Fabric cutter, so I am not sure about the simplicity version. However, I really like my Fabric cutter when it comes to multiple strip cutting or blocks.

With my "Go" cutter, I learned the hard way that it really mattered which way I cut the fabric, as far as the length wise grain or the crosswise grain. I have a lot of pride and I hate to look stupid. So, it was hard for me to ask for help. Little did I know that, "Not" asking for help is what made me look stupid, not the other way around. For a long time I just could not grasp the concept of lengthwise grain, crosswise grain and bias. Anyway, I said all of that just to say, if you get a fabric cutter, make sure that you follow the directions and even the suggestions before you get discouraged about having made a bad investment......

Kathy

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use