Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 508
Points 7,980
Joyce Posted: Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:21 PM

I went to the nursing home twice today.  This am mom was sleeping so I didn't stay.  Tonight my friend went down with me. 

I went to a sewing class yesterday at Viking to re-learn how to use my Sapphire 835 Viking machine that I got last year (2011).  I had not been able to do any sewing since I was taking care of mom.  It was fun to take the class and chat with other quilters.  I have another class next week.  I did start working on a quilt I had started a long time ago so I'm dong the stitch in the ditch.  Feels good to work on something again.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 4:42 AM

Is this a new forum? Did this take over the others? Cool!

Heded to Atl. to get Jim's eye done. I do not drive well,on our country roads,so am not looking forward to this semi's everywhere. It is awful. Say prayers for us. My sister refuses to ride in a car I am driving. That's how bad it is.

Got several strips for the Beatrice Potter quilt cutt, have decided that it just need some "quiet" fabric also. The eye need a place to rest. So will look and see what I can find here. If not here, will have to ugo north or south. This is beautiful fabric.

Wish us luck.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 3:55 PM

Joyce, glad you could get back to sewing again.  Pray your mom's doing well in the NH.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 508
Points 7,980
Joyce replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:22 PM

Thank you Marie, haven't been doing much sewing.  I have been reading Carol's directions on preparing the fabric to cut for the Easter Swap but haven't been up to cutting yet.  My mom isn't doing well.  I think physically she is ok but the mental part from the dementia is worse.  I can't understand quite a bit of what she trying to tell me then she gets upset and screams at me.  She screams at everyone.  Just praying and asking
God to handle things as I sure don't know what to do.  Thanks for asking about mom.  Fighting a sinus infection too.  Made choc. chip cookies with my gs tonight the kind from a tub but it warmed the house up and smelled good and they were good too.  Wish I could send you some with a cup of tea.  I hope you aren't in the snow area they are saying is hitting different places.  We are going to have rain.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 10:43 AM

Joyce:
My mom isn't doing well

Joyce, sorry your mom isn't doing well, prayers for her and also for you, it's a tough situation that many of us have gone through and are going through.  Keep the faith, God is who carries us at times like this.

Joyce:
Made choc. chip cookies with my gs tonight the kind from a tub but it warmed the house up and smelled good and they were good too.  Wish I could send you some with a cup of tea.

Our dear grandkids are such a blessing, baking cookies with yours was a happy time for you.  Thanks for the thought about sending some to me, that's so sweet.  Time for mid-morning tea and a CC cookie sounds perfect.

The east coast is bracing for more snow Wed. into Thurs. but no problem for me I just stay in my nice comfy cozy home and stay in my jammies all day!

You take care and be nice to yourself, you deserve it, Joyce.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use