Top 10 Posters

Group standing frame- Name? Info?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 50
cnascar88 posted on Tue, Feb 5 2013 3:52 PM
I have a giant standing quilting frame, the kind designed for a group of people to work on a large quilt at once. It has two legs and the quilt is positioned on two rollers. I am looking to find it a new home, but i can't find one on the internet at all, to get info @ them. Does anyone know if they are called something other than a standing group frame? Or know a site with info about them? I've had it over 15 years, so maybe they no longer make/use them. When I bought it, it was already a good number of years old. I'd appreciate any info. Thanks.
  • | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,849 Posts
Points 85,825

Is it made of wood? Do you know the manufacture name? Have you googled  "large quilt floor frame"? Try that.

I have a Grace floor frame that I have never used. Paid over $200.00 for it. Then decided I don't want to hand quilt.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 5:54 PM

The only thing I have ever heard them called is a quilting frame.   Good luck on finding the info you are looking for.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
789 Posts
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 9:30 PM

cnascar88:
I have a giant standing quilting frame, the kind designed for a group of people to work on a large quilt at once. It has two legs and the quilt is positioned on two rollers. I am looking to find it a new home, but i can't find one on the internet at all, to get info @ them. Does anyone know if they are called something other than a standing group frame? Or know a site with info about them? I've had it over 15 years, so maybe they no longer make/use them. When I bought it, it was already a good number of years old. I'd appreciate any info. Thanks.
Could you maybe take a photo of it to see just what kind it is?  Actually, you could always put it on ebay or craig's list, too.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use