rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 20 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
70 Posts
Points 1,760
beatrix posted on Mon, Feb 4 2013 3:29 PM

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know the name of the pattern of the quilt shown in the Lincoln movie on Thaddeus Stevens

bed ? A picture of the quilt would be great as well. 

Thanks

beatrix

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,849 Posts
Points 85,825

Hi, haven't even seen the movie. But, I sure want to.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

Sigh... we never see movies until they come out on DVD.  I'll be watching for this quilt now that you brought it up.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,785 Posts
Points 122,640

MNnancy:

Sigh... we never see movies until they come out on DVD.  I'll be watching for this quilt now that you brought it up.

Neither do we. It's on our Netflix list and is scheduled to be released in March. I'll pause the move and try to take a photo of the quilt.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,849 Posts
Points 85,825

Dh says we can go see the movie tomorrow. YAY!!!

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Female
397 Posts
Points 6,770

I looked all over on line and only came up with "beautiful stars quilt"

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
764 Posts
Points 9,979

I haven't seen the movie...but I really want too. I will be waiting since its already been this way and gone...I had whatever horrid bug bit me at the time. Do you know which home it was in?

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
70 Posts
Points 1,760

Thanks Judy , That is a great  idea.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
70 Posts
Points 1,760

Thanks Phyllis , I will try to find the pattern with this name.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,849 Posts
Points 85,825

Well, count me out. We have a terrible rainy day. Jim doesn't want to drive south to go to the movie in this weather. Shoot, I want to see it. Afraid I will have waited too late. Maybe, if it is still on Friday!

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,784 Posts
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 9:01 AM

So show us the quilt!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
379 Posts
Points 5,100

Great question Beatrix!

My kids/I went and saw the movie last month.    I thought it was a great movie.   I wondered about the quilt myself, but my memory is fuzzy on what it looked like.

Annette

Top 100 Contributor
Female
726 Posts
Points 14,145

There may be a duplicate post coming up. The first time I posted a reply, I got a message that it's pending moderator approval. So I'm tryin this again with only one link included. The first had 2 links.

I haven't seen the Lincoln movie. I found this info via Google. Is this the quilt?

http://gefiltequilt.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-lincoln-movie-keckley-quilt.html

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,316 Posts
Points 18,480

Caro-l in searches I kept finding the Keckley quilt as well. I have not watched the movie yet either but read up about the quilt and Elizabeth Keckley. The Keckley quilt was made out of scraps from clothing made for Mary Todd Lincoln by E, Keckley.  I may be wrong but I don't think the quilt was made for Mary Todd Lincoln and I don't if it was used in the Lincoln movie because it is famous for that time? I will have to see the movie to find out!  The original poster may want to do a search of CIVIL WAR quilts and see if the design you're looking for pops up or not?  Sorry I am not more help and I hope that someone finds the answer soon (we are not the only ones wondering about this quilt!) As soon as possible I will see the movie!!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 500 Contributor
Female
70 Posts
Points 1,760

Thanks Caro-l and Erin for helping unfortunately it was not Elizabeth Keckley quilt, I reckon it was Ohio star in a nine- patch setting  and big bold blocks as far as I can remember.

So I will look for civil war quilts now.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use