Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 675
Annette Posted: Mon, Feb 4 2013 12:40 PM

Hello everyone. I'm a beginner quilter and I live in South Florida. I tried to learn a few years ago but I quit because I just didn't have any patience. Not only was it the first time I had tried quilting, it was the first time I had touched a sewing machine. I started again late last year and this time did my homework beforehand. I used the library, online videos, and online sites to learn everything I know so far. I'm eager to learn more and to "meet" people here as none of my family or friends have a remote interest in quilting! I recently completed my first table topper. I have the quilt that I started a few years ago and I think I may attempt to finish it within the next month. I sew on...get ready... a Singer Simple 3116. I've never touched another. I hope to be able to buy my first Janome this year. I don't have a large budget so I'm looking at about $500 I can spend.

Annette

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,336
Points 414,639
gini replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 1:40 PM

hi annette, welcome to the group.  you will find lots of ideas and help here.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 5:13 PM

Annette

I think I welcomed you in another thread but just to be sure I welcome you to the site.  Hope you chat with us frequently.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

Hi Annette, welcome again

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Welcome Annette,

If you are anything like me, you will still have plenty of questions after educating yourself. The people here are so nice and you will get answers to any and all your questions. Hope to see pictures of any quilts you finish.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,114
Points 14,370
Dawn replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:06 PM

Welcome Annette!  You will love it here!  Everyone is very helpful!  I live in Iowa.  Have 2 kids, both married and both w/3 kids. 

Please post pics of your quilts, we LOVE to see them!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 15,875
Susan replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:09 PM

Welcome, Annette ! So glad you decided not to give up on quilting. i agree with your choice of a Janome machine that is what Im saving for, myself. Several people here have them, too. Looking forward to chatting with you and dont be afraid to ask questions as the QCAers, as I call them, will gladly answer you. Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,672
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:14 PM

Welcome Annette. Your avatar photo is beautiful.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 10:14 PM

Welcome Annette....please pull up a comfy chair and read awhile.

You've found a great group of people who are willing to help and give advice.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 11:39 PM

Annette, welcome to the club, You will love it here ,never heistate to ask if you have a question someone will have an answer for you . Good joice on the Janome as I'm a Janome lover . Check around some of the dealers you can sometimes find good used trade- ins  for your budget amonut and get more machine then you thought you could get.  Good luck on your search.. Gald to have you joining us .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 675
Annette replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 5:50 AM

WOW, thanks everyone! I love this board already!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 373
Points 4,980
Annette replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 7:55 AM

Hi Annette!

I'm also Annette - but from Iowa.   You'll love it here - they're a great bunch of ladies (and I've been fortunate enough to meet some).    Be sure to check out the 'groups' as you may see some that interest you.   Happy Stitching!

Annette

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 8:12 AM

Hi Annette.  Lots of helpful, fun people here.  And lots of talent and knowledge.  Any question usually brings several answers.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 65
Hello Annette. I am also new to quilting and new to QCA. I am still finishing my very first quilt. I took a learn to sew class at the local fabric store last winter to familiarize myself with the sewing maching. I finished a pair of pajama pants as my first project. I always wanted to sew quilts though. So this winter I took a beginner quilting class. Our first project is a baby quilt. Instruction on cutting out the pieces of fabric and piecing the blocks together to make the top. This class was only for two weeks though and I find myself by myself for the maching quilting. Fortunately I have some friends from work (who I didn't know quilted) and have been getting some advice. The ladies at the fabric store are also very helpful. I have also found instructional video online regarding machine quilting and binding. So I am able to finish my first project. I just happened to stumble upon the QCA and joined. I guess I could start or join another branch of the club and call it the Canadian contingent. I am from Kingston, Nova Scotia, Canada. I sew on an old Kenmore but am looking on getting another machine. I hear good things about the Janome. There is a dealership not far from my place where I can get one. Will have to price them. Good to learn of other "newbies" Laura
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 65
Can only one tell me what is it with the post points?
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use