Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 200
Nana Kay Posted: Sun, Feb 3 2013 9:43 AM

I haven't done any sewing since I was a teen and made and designed my own clothes. I have always love the art of quilting, so I have decided to get started. I'm having to learn my new sewing machine since they have changed a lot since the 70's  :) . I look forward to getting to know you all and learning from you. I was thinking about taking a basic sewing class just to get back into things then some quilting classes. Thank you all in advance for support and advice.  Nana Kay

• | Post Points: 125
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 10:22 AM

Welcome NanaKay,   We are a friendly bunch and enjoy sharing our love of quilting.  Just ask away if you have questions.  Let us know things about you like where are you located, how many kids, grandkids, fur babies, etc.  We're not nosy, just like to know and you just may live close-by to another quilter here that could give you private lessons...hehehe

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.  

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 200
Nana Kay replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 10:36 AM

Thank you Diana, I was ready for a new adventure in life and quilting is it.

I live in Fairview, TN, west of Nashville and work downtown Nashville. I have one son (police sergeant) two grandsons 6 and 12. I am a newlywed of 7 months and have married the most amazing man that spoils me so much. I'm also helping to plan a wedding for my son and his future bride (police also) to be July 21, 2013. I have two fur babies, Sugar & Stuart, both are lounging on the sofa right now, also a cockatiel named Sarge that loves to whistle for the dogs to come to him.  My husband and I love to travel to east TN to the mountains a couple times a year.

I would love to meet quilters in my area that have the time to share and teach. :)

Nana Kay,

Fairview, TN

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 11:14 AM

Welcome, Nana Kay.  I think you will find a great fit here. mill around that club" house". Expeically in groups and the show and tell gallery. There are all sorts of how-to's and members teaching.

Diana is an eastern TN quilter, as is nantenn, and a couple others. There is a Smokey Mountain Retreat in June in Seviereville, also. Oh, and one in Branson, MO, next month. We have another new member who lives just below Nashville, i think!. Can't remember. So, you are in a great location. And, you are not far from Paducah!! Lucky you. My DS (dear sister) is a quilter, also, and lives in Tullahoma, TN ,which is an hour ,or so, south of Nashville. Or, she will live there, starting in March. They are coming off the road from full time RVing.

I am in Northeastern Georiga in the Mountains. About thirty-five, or so, miles from the GA/NC/TN line.

Please thank your DS (dear son) and DFDIL (dear future daughter-in-law) for me. They put their lives on the line, every time they get in that patrol car, and I have such a huge respect for what they do for all of us.

Congrats on your new marraige. I am so glad that you have married such a catch. Makes life so exciting.

Have a quilty day. (((hugs)))

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 11:21 AM

Hello Again, Nana Kay,

I'm  about 30 east of Knoxville and an hour's drive to Gatlingburg.  I go to the quilt shops in Sevierville, Gatlinburg, and Cosby.  Have to been to see the Mountainfest Quilt Show in March?  It's great.  Such beautiful quilts and lots of vendors.  And some nationally known quilters who give classes, etc.  In 2014, Eleanor Burns will be there.   I go every year since I live so close.  Hope to see you there someday.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 11:37 AM

Welcome to our growing family, Nana Kay.  You'll love it here, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 11:45 AM

Welcome to QCA NanaKay. This is a great place to meet quilty friends and learn and also to have all your questions answered.  Hope to see you often around.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 11:49 AM

NanaKay welcome to the club  ,if YOu would like to meet folks go to groups and go to the retreat group  there is a retreat in the smokies the end of june at douglas lake ,right there in Sevierville , I went last year and had a great time even if the temps were in the upper 90's mary is the hostess for this retreat and can give you the info .I think she still has some openings ,this is one were the spouses went as well .. Really beauitful cabin .. Hope you enjoy your time with us .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 12:22 PM

NanaKay welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 3:52 PM

Welcome NanaKay!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Welcome Nana Kay. You will love it here. I have a cousin that lives in Nashville. I've never been there though. I hope to see a picture of one of your quilts soon.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 2:08 AM

Welcome Nana Kay.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 1:48 PM

hi nana kay, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 2:56 PM

Nana Kay

Welcome and enjoy your time with us.  I hope that you can find one of our retreats that you could attend and meet some of the great people here.   I have been to several and have a great time at all of them.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:33 PM

Welcome to QCA Nana Kay!

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use