How to miter a 45 degree 'corner'?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
38 Posts
Points 955
Ladyhawke520 posted on Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:53 AM

My table runner is done, all that's left is the binding and I've run into a hiccup.... the runner has two end points - which are regular corners to miter' however, there are 4 other corners that are 45 degree angles leading to the end points.  I am having a devil of a time figuring them out because the designer states to do them like regular corners.  

Am i missing something?  If I can't figure it out, I'll head to my LQS tomorrow for words of wisdom.

Thanks for your help

Monika

• | Post Points: 20

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 100 Contributor
Female
895 Posts
Points 16,970

Here's a video from youtube that shows how to do miters for less than 90 degrees. I think it starts with an angle greater than 90, but then goes to less than 90.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vci9-li3aYU

• | Post Points: 40

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,817 Posts
Points 248,489

Lady, I hope someone here will be able to help you .I'm still trying to get the hang of those myslef so I'm no help ,I think thea did a tutorial on them but I have no idea how to get to it . sorry .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
11,657 Posts
Points 136,077

I do mitered corners,   but i am not very good at instucting,  and i probably don't do it the technical way, just my own way lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
895 Posts
Points 16,970

Here's a video from youtube that shows how to do miters for less than 90 degrees. I think it starts with an angle greater than 90, but then goes to less than 90.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vci9-li3aYU

• | Post Points: 40
Not Ranked
Female
38 Posts
Points 955

Carol, thank you you so much - this was perfect!

Monika

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use