lost pattern book

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110
gailf Posted: Sat, Feb 2 2013 6:27 AM

Hi I'm Gailf and new to QCA (yesterday in fact)  I'm trying to put together a quilt I've started.   While we were busy renovating,  I think sweet hubby might have thrown the book out with newspapers.  I just need to see the picture of placing the sashing and lining up my Fairy Steps, 2 from 1 Jelly Roll quilt!  If anyone can help, I would be so grateful.  I think the book was from 2009-2010.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 8:07 AM

I had never seen that book before...hmmm, I might need to add it to my collection ;-)

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 11:08 AM

Welcome to the group Gailf.  

I have the book but it's in storage at the moment.  If you don't get the help from someone else, message me in a few weeks and we should be moved in and unpacked. I will be happy to send you a picture.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 7:08 PM

Welcome to QCA Gailf

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Welcome to the group. You will love it here. Hope you find your pattern.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110
gailf replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 7:58 PM

Thank you.  

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110
gailf replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 8:00 PM

thanks  I hope so too.  I put the top together but it was not right.  there is a trick to it and so far my fellow quilters and I cannot figure it out. :(

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 9:28 PM

I have that book. Is this what you are looking for?

You need to measure the rows from the short side on the top left of the row to the short side on the bottom right of the row.

Trim 6 sashing strips to this length, It's important that the sashing strips all measure the same. It's better to allow an extra inch or so which can be trimmed later, than to cut these sashing strips too short.

Pin and sew a sashing strip to the side of the rows, easing if necessary. 

Hope that helps!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Gailf welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:04 AM

Jacy, looks like Seminole piecing.  Can be stretchy.  Think if I do this again, I would use lots of starch.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110
gailf replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 8:12 AM

ty

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:05 AM

Gailf, welcome to QCA. You will find so much help here. There are retreats so you can meet other members, also.

We are always curoius aboit new members. What part of the Country do you live in?. If you are not comfortable give us a town, perhaps justt he region. We have quilters from all over the U.S. and many Countries abroad. I livein the Northeast Georgia Mountains.

If you follow the forums, you will become far-away friends iwith us. Be sure and check out our laughing, whining and crying at What Did You Do Today. It's the best. Like I said, we are a fun  bunch.

Hope you don't live in the stoms path, as some of our membership are. We are all praying for their safety.

Welcome again, and enjoy!

Sukochi

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use