How do you sort your stash?

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 44 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

Ramona, I love that your shelves are deep enough to hold your bolts. I have to store my bolts on the floor, no shelf deep enough. Your whole area is awesome.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

Mimi, you have a great storage system. I think we all feel like everyone has a better system than we do. I am constantly trying to improve my storage. It's just not happening.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,337
Points 38,880
Mimi replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 7:33 PM

Elaine Phillips:
Mimi, you have a great storage system.

Thanks Elaine.  I wish it looked like that now in real time.  Photos are great for capturing a moment in time.  If I took a picture right now you wouldn't even think it was the same room. It's got scraps, stray threads, ufo's, and clutter everywhere.  Too many ideas and not enough time......

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 1:12 AM

Ramona, love your nicely orgainized area, almost looks like a quilt shop.  LOL   I see fabric there I love as well .. When ar your door open for business ...LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 1:51 AM

Mimi I have to say I am impressed with your storage system.

Ramona yours is impressive as well. I'm thinking never too much fabric cause one day there might be a shortage. I am thinking doomsday prepper for sewing should be a show to show us how to hide the fabric we don't want "him" to know about just yet *giggles*

I have to say I don't do anything quite as fancy as these ladies but I have tubs of fabric solids grouped by colors that includes small designs. The larger designs are by theme type thing then colors. The seasonal well each season has its own tub. I have managed to keep a full basement with safe fabrics since the basement flooded several years ago and 3 weeks of constant laundry trying to save OMG more fabric than I even knew I had...but I will be prepared if there is a shortage *giggles*

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 5:20 AM

Mimi and Ramona, very, very nice. 

I am working hard these days to reduce my stash.  So far for the last two quilts, I have only had to buy 1/3 of a yard.   I am also trying to complete some of my UFOs because they take up too much of my fabric storing space.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 11:32 AM

I found some great bins at Walmart. I will take pictures when I get home.  They are clear bins with no covers.  They do have little green handle that fold from the inside to allow stacking.  I use the taller bin to out my stash and the shallower ones to put my strips and other small pieces in.  I then stack smaller on top of larger, sorted by color.

There is no lid to continuously take off and all my colors are stacked and easy to see and reach.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,923
Points 26,980
Ramona replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 9:40 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind remarks. We are in Florida now and I am missing my quilt room big time. Can't wait to get back to it.

Thanks again.

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 555

OMG - that looks like a store, not a stash!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:58 AM

Mimi:

Okay long-termers, what do you think?  Has Mimi knocked Helen off her thrown?  I should see if I can find Helen's picture from a few years ago.  Talk about a stash!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 11:07 AM

Looks like I'm not the only one with a ridiculous stash.  I use comic book boards to wrap and store my fabric.  Then put them on bookshelves.  Nice neat bookshelves (well, they were when I started, not so much right now)....lol  I'm trying not to buy fabric anymore and just use from my stash.  I think I'll be 103 when I finally use the last of it. lol    My gallery (if you click on my name, you'll go to my homepage and just click on gallery) shows 5 bookcases loaded with fabric and that's not all of it.  I keep making more charity quilts so that's using it for a good cause.  It's fun to see how others store that stash.  Someday I'm going to get all my fabric in one room instead of 3...lol

Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 11:15 AM

Oh, I found it!  Scroll down to see Helen Bell's stash.  Nope, I don't think anyone has topped it yet.

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/t/16107.aspx?PageIndex=2

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 12:12 PM

Right now my stash is mostly in jumbled stacks all over the downstairs....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,923
Points 26,980
Ramona replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:34 PM

So very, very organized. What a fantastic area.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:58 PM

Wow,  Ramona  Can I go fish in your stash .  That looks great  You definitely have my dream of a perfect set up.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use