rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:40 AM

Patti:

My ruler slips when I am not holding the rotary cutter straight.  If I am holding is slightly angled in, I tend to push on the ruler.  When I pay attention to this, my ruler rarely slips.

And I stop to move my hand up the ruler.  I don't cut a length of fabric in one motion .

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:40 AM

Patti:

My ruler slips when I am not holding the rotary cutter straight.  If I am holding is slightly angled in, I tend to push on the ruler.  When I pay attention to this, my ruler rarely slips.

And I stop to move my hand up the ruler.  I don't cut a length of fabric in one motion .

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 134,998
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:53 AM

Patti,

I use a product by Omnigrid. It's an Invisible non-slip plastic that you cut the size of your ruler, and it has really worked for me. As you become more experienced you will get a feel for keeping that pressure on your ruler as you cut . If your ruler is long, I recommended to stop, blade in fabric  and like Gini mentioned. Walk your fingers up the ruler until you have the pressure back on your cutting area. You may need to do this several times depending on the size of the ruler.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 11:58 AM

Kimberly Einmo uses a table that is lower so that when she holds her rulers she can really press down on it and hold it real tight while cutting.  She also travels up the ruler for her longer strips.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use