Page 3 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 6:45 AM

Kathy Ann, I love my mountain. And, the moutiand in TN rock big time. But i also love the TN. hills. Have you been around Bell Buckle? Getting there from Tullahoma is such a beautiful drive. I think we should have moced to TN in the first place when we retired. That is no in the cards any longer. Been up to Nashville once for the AQS show years ago. It was great., I don't think it is there anymore. Did they move that to Knoxville?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 7:23 AM

Hi KathyAnn,   There are tons of quilt shops in the area of Gatlinburg.  There are 2 really great ones in Sevierville.  The Cherry Pit is on Bruce St. right in town.  There is Quiltin' by Iva which is across the river near the fairgrounds.    There are a lot of them in Knoxville too.   There's Susan's in Gatlinburg at the 8-mile loop,  Halloways in Cosby.  And if you go to Cosby, you have to go to Carter's Apple Orchard for lunch, breakfast or supper.   It's great food, great service and reasonably priced.  You can sit at the windows overlooking the apple orchard.  In the spring you can watch the birds at the birdhouses in each of the trees.  It's a great place.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:41 PM

Hey Kathy,

I live in Nashville and I belong to MCQG and the one in Smyrna.  Drop in sometime!

from TN

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:59 PM

Hey Bev,

The MCQG is on my list of things to start. Hope to see you there. I am anxious to join a group esp one that has a sit -n- sew. All the years I've lived here I worked agency, and then finished working nights up on the plateau. When I stopped working I found out fast that I had no life outside of work, as I'm a bit of a loner and shy. So I am anxious just to spend some time sewing with some other ladies and meeting some new people.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:28 AM

Kathyann, at the bottom of the post will be numbers, click on the last number to go to the last page.   You can start a new thread to introduce yourself or click on reply in the welcome thread and introduce yourself there.

gini in north idaho

Page 3 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use