Page 2 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 7:14 PM

Hi Diana, thanks for the welcome. I am in middle TN right outside of Nashville, but I am also a transplant. Grew up in WV, then to VA, back to WV, to Chicago then to TN. We just discovered Gatlinburg last summer and loved it so I am sure we will come that way at least once or twice a year.  What are the quilt shops that I need to visit in East Tn?

Kathy

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 7:15 PM

Thank you Leslie!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 7:20 PM

Hi Sukochi, thanks for the welcome. I am sure hoarding fabric is pretty legal and I think Hoarding Quilters would make an awesome show. I was bringing home fabric before I could even quilt. Fabric is something I have never been able to walk by and not fondle.

I am in middle TN outside of Nashville. I would much rather live in east TN with the mountains, but gotta go where hubby's job goes. I will definitely check out the Seivereville retreat.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 7:22 PM

Thank you Marie. I love your Silverfox signature!!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 7:23 PM

Thank You for the welcome Melissa.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 770
Tina replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 7:26 PM

Kathy

have you been to  Stitchers Garden?

I am south of Pulaski

Tina

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 7:26 PM

Thanks for the welcome Gini. I am definitely going to be checking out the retreats. I don't know if I can go to any before the fall, due to some other travel obligations but ever since I read all the Elm Creek Quilt books I have wanted to go on a quilt retreat. If not this year then next year for sure!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 7:38 PM

Hi Bandmama,  thank you for the welcome. I thought about posting a couple of the blocks from my Churn Dash, I guess the Gallery is where I need to do that? All this is so new as I haven't ever belonged to a group like this before. I'm excited! Log cabin and bear's paw are on my top ten list of quilts to make also!  I came across this churn dash in a local quilt shop as a kit. Every other block is supposed to be a churn dash, but I've decided I don't really like the other block with the kit. So I'm probably going to add sashing around each block instead, and I'm making more churn dash to replace the other blocks. All I know so far is I really really really have a hard time making a decision on fabric.............I just want them all!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 7:42 PM

Hi Kathy,

If you are new to Middle TN or haven't already checked them out there are several quilt guilds in the area. In Nashville there is the Music City Quilt Guilt and the Iris Quilt Guild. if you are in Rutherford County they have the The Quilting Bees of Murfreesboro and the Friendship Quilt Guild in Smyrna.  

from TN

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 7:52 PM

Hi MNnancy! I sure hope you are staying warm way up there. I just saw those frigid temps on the news. It's way too cold here in TN, but maybe the cold will kill off some flu bugs. My hubby and I both got up sick yesterday so we just piled up and slept the day away. If the sun does not shine here soon I am going to croak.

Thanks for the welcome. That's my only grandchild so far, she is Alyvia and I just can't express how much I adore her. I loved my own boys, but oh my there is just something about a grandbaby! She's almost 3, and I hope she wants to learn to quilt. I set her on my lap and let her help me pull the Thangle paper off my HST's, and she likes to play in the fabric, so that's a start!

I will check out the applique group. I keep asking for a needle turn class at our local shops but the owners all just look at me like I'm crazy and say they don't know of any one who teaches it. Thank goodness for the internet and videos. I would like to come to Branson but I have already promised my Dad to go home and spend of few weeks with him in March.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 7:53 PM

Thanks Barbara! I am happy to be here!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 7:59 PM

I promised my Dad I would be home in March for a lengthy visit so I will not be able to come to Branson this year. But I sure am making a list for next year. I have found a local class for hand quilting next month, so that's a start. It seems nobody around here, the 5 shops I've asked , that nobody teaches needleturn applique. So I guess I'll be teaching myself by video and asking the group on here alot of questions.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:25 PM

Gini, HELP!!!  Not only am I new but I can't seem to figure out the groups either. I am a lot computer challenged. I joined your applique group and I went to the discussion to introduce myself and for the life of me can't figure out how to post an intro without starting a whole new thread. And there's 588 posts to that one discussion starting with clear back in 2010. How do I find the latest posts without having to scroll through 40 pages of posts??? I guess what I mean is how do I get the latest post to show up first?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:28 PM

No I haven't, where is it located. I'm almost afraid to go to another one, I can't seem to leave without buying more fabric or patterns, or books, or magazines. I'm doomed, addicted. LOL  I have been to The Quilters Path in Mt. Juliet, The Quilters Attic in Goodletsville, The Country Store Quilt shop in Watertown, and I'm taking a class next month at The Quilting Square in Franklin. I live in Lebanon.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:36 PM

Hi Bev,

No I'm not new, I'ved live in Lebanon for 12 yrs, but I am new to quilting. I have tried to go to the Piecemakers in Lebanon 3 times and haven't made it there yet. Twice I got sick, and once I had a sick grandchild at the last minute. I think I'm jinxed. Last week I got dressed, out the door and almost to the square in Lebanon and my upset stomach turned into the full fledged stomach virus, so I had to turn around and go home, so no guild meeting again. ****sigh**** Was sick for days. I am closest to the Music City Guild and of course Piecemakers so I will join them. Where do you live, do you belong to any of the guilds???

• | Post Points: 35
Page 2 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use