Page 11 of 13 (185 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,470
Points 48,020
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 6:50 PM

Candis it's actually a very dark chocolate brown but it does read as black in some lights. Thanks!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:11 PM

Angele:

Candis it's actually a very dark chocolate brown but it does read as black in some lights. Thanks!

Oh wow. Chocolate even better! Still looks delicious!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,841
Points 40,180
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:35 PM

A good mix I think!

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,470
Points 48,020
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:04 PM

Thanks!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,085
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:22 PM

Angele

These are lovely fabrics.  They should be perfect.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,470
Points 48,020
Angele replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 7:12 PM

Thanks Nana... Now I just can't wait..... :-;

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,585
Points 26,580
Debbie replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 8:10 PM

Ok, I found these two in my stash - really shouldn't call mine a stash, after seeing some of ya'lls!  The red has tiny white polka dots and the other is a dark green.  Have about 2 yds of each so hoping that will be enough.  most of my fabric is flowered, not many solids. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,585
Points 26,580
Debbie replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 8:13 PM

Angele - love your color choices!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645

I agree Nana is the best. And Nana I promise I will get my UFO from scrappy group done some day.

For those of you who were talking about "post it". I went to the app store and found there is one for Window8 for free. Listed all the UFO (um for quilting that is) that I could think of ... not to bad. 

I was thinking I have 4 yds that I bought on line for a "great deal". I liked it but have yet to find a project for it. It is a blue but has kind of snake skin look to it, I guess that describes. but then Nana just said it would be a twin. I have a son who is 6'4. His quilt is getting worn and he complains it is to short for him. He has to use it corner to corner. So I was thinking of making him a quilt for his b day June 22 I have some blues, grey-purples, black and white fat quarters And a teddy bear print that goes well with them. I had them set aside to do the last MQ. But didnt get it even started. Was finishing up UFOs for Christmas. So ... now I am thinking maybe make this MQ as the center then use some of this other material to enlarge it.... But then again I also have been looking at some panda bear material that I would love to make him a quilt out of..... oh dear....

My name is tami, and I think i need to join your recovery group....

And sorry I have been so distant lately. I have to go onto google chrome to sign in to this website for some reason with this new laptop. 

Oh and also did the first paper piecing with the new machine. Apparently it doesn't like to run without thread in the top. Anyone had this problem? Could you thread the top and not the bottom?

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

walla2, I've had the same dilemma with fabrics that are 'perfect' for the intended recipient but don't fit into the quilt as designed -- I make pieced backings, effectively a reversible quilt. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645

Oh Oh Oh... I just found out  I am invited to a baby shower... I have never got to make a baby quilt before.. (dang sons are being awfully slow about this). Well yes I have made baby blankets. oh what shall I do.....

Oh do I see a UFO getting pushed back in to the corner

What was that address for the recovery group...

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645

Thanks Bayla. That is one of my goals for the year is to work on making my backs more artistic or a least more interesting. I have a bunch of large triangles left from another quilt that might work out on the back. But never know how a quilt is going to go

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 5:27 AM

my babylock won't run without thread either, haven't figured out how to bypass that yet. I wanted to make perforated paper on a template once and it wouldn't go more than a few stitches.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

A possible workaround for the perforation problem, though I grant you not using the machine ... back in the olden days, we used to use a marking tool that sort of looked like a pie crimper, but with teeth on the wheel. 

It's also called a tracing wheel; here's a link to an image: http://www.joann.com/dritz-tracing-wheel-6-plastic-handle/prd10308/

We'd run that over colored-waxed paper to transfer lines to the fabric, and it did make perforations in the paper as it pressed the colored wax onto the fabric.  

In that case, the perforations weren't desireable -- the colored paper would fall apart with just a little use, if we weren't careful about it. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 8:23 AM

Debbie, love your sun bonnet sue quilt, lovely fabric choices.

Page 11 of 13 (185 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use