Top 10 Posters

Start planning for Mystery Quilt 8

Page 10 of 13 (185 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:06 PM

ls2116:

Nana this one you say wont work with print?

Is

If the print is very very small or more tone on tone to where the fabric looks mostly solid from a distance it should work fine.   Just no med to large prints.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,758
Points 38,945
ls2116 replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 12:06 AM

Thanks Nana, and I sent you a pm.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 215
AnnieB replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 12:39 PM

Getting ready for the MQ8 but did I miss something. I did not think anything would go up until mid march but I am seeing message traffic about 2 colors; contrast; and this e-mail posted.

Question??   May I plan on colors now (actually I just finished a red and white and black and white reversable quilt BUT I still have loads of fabric. that I can use for the MQ8 as well.  Thanks

Annie B

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,560
Points 23,665
Susie replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 12:45 PM

Nana--quick question.  Would this pattern easily be broken into 2 quilts?  My two granddaughters want a new quilt that is in between their crib and twin bed size, so I was thinking that if I take one of the colors and split it into two colors, I could knock out matching quilts for them.

One wants purple and one wants pink...both mixed with black.

Thanks!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 2:58 PM

Susie

This will be about twin size I am thinking.   You could do 2 but I don't think this one would break down into 2 smaller quilts.   The pattern would work fine with the purple and black or the pink and black.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 3:00 PM

Annie B

You can plan the colors as the main body of this quilt should be just 2 colors.   You can always add a nice print for the large border but not the body of the quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 3:01 PM

There really isn't anymore info I can give you guys.  I am still working on this pattern to make sure I have the measurements and yardages right.   So the only thing I can tell you for sure is to find 2 colors that contrast nicely with each other.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,337
Points 20,075

Nana:

There really isn't anymore info I can give you guys.  I am still working on this pattern to make sure I have the measurements and yardages right.   So the only thing I can tell you for sure is to find 2 colors that contrast nicely with each other.

Nana, I've only done one MQ (MQ7) and I've been following the thread for this one and I just wanted to say I think you do a great job of responding to all the questions.  This one hasn't even started yet and you're already getting lots of really specific questions!  I don't know how you do it, but just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your organizing these.  I got a lot of enjoyment out of the last one and am very much looking forward to the next.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 5:10 PM

Carolyn

Thank you.  That was very sweet.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,525
Points 25,540
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 10:20 PM

Nana, I've only done one MQ (MQ7) and I've been following the thread for this one and I just wanted to say I think you do a great job of responding to all the questions. This one hasn't even started yet and you're already getting lots of really specific questions! I don't know how you do it, but just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your organizing these. I got a lot of enjoyment out of the last one and am very much looking forward to the next. :)

I agree wholehardily with Carolyn - You are the BEST!!!!

Never would have thought of doing an MQ but really enjoyed the mystery, the comraderie of everyone and just the positive atomsphere you gals put out.  You make me want to get on here often, but not too often or I won't get any quilting done!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,525
Points 25,540
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 10:26 PM

so time to finish a UFO or two, huh?  well, still need to figure out my other fabric - have a red with tiny polka dots that I think will work but what to go as contrast? 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,758
Points 38,945
ls2116 replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 12:00 AM

Thanks for replying Nana and for all your effort.  I don't know how you do it so good!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:48 AM

When we had a quilt before that needed contrast, I chose a contrasting color.  but it had the same value.  I would have been much better off to chose a light and dark contrast.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 6:36 PM

Here are the fabrics I picked with what I think will be a border.this is not my usual picks. I like them and I think it will be fun.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 65
replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 6:48 PM

Angele, I love them. Very nice. I love black and Golds looks rich and luxury to me!  Great choice

Page 10 of 13 (185 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use