Top 10 Posters

Start planning for Mystery Quilt 8

Page 8 of 13 (185 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 373
Points 4,980
Annette replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 10:20 PM

MQ8 in March huh...... Still have MQ7 to finish (blocks almost all done), couple charity projects to work on, couple other UFOs stacked on the side.....heck - whats another one!   I'm in!

Annette

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 10:06 AM

Nancy

If you will go to your home page and then look on the left hand side of the page you will find a heading for Mystery Quilt 7 workshop.  Click on this and then scroll down the page to Mystery Quilt 6. You will also find all the additional steps and instructions under the Bittersweet headings.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 45,195

Jan:

BECAUSE your son and family moved in with you you should do the mystery quilt.  Even if it means a trip to ..gulp.. the LQS.  LOL.

You need to keep your sanity too.  My son and family moved in for a "short time" and it turned out to be 6 1/2 years!

Oh Jan, here I am whining when they've only been here 2 months. Unfortunately there is no end in sight. My son is working 2 jobs so he is trying, but it takes a long time to get on your feet when you fall back to square one. I am seriously thinking about this MQ even though I have plenty of UFOs to keep my busy. I have a quilt to finish quilting for my dear sweet dil, the one who doesn't live with me. She is pregnant with their second so I have to get a quilt done for him/her for July. July in Florida just screams for a quilt. LOL! OK Nana, I am just about convinced, just need the fabric requirements. I'm part of the pushover club too.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Quilts are surely questionable here in Florida, especially in summer heat!  I made a quilt for a Florida newborn without any batting; extra-soft cuddly fleece on one side, polyester satin on the other, basically to be a touchy-feely "lovey" for the baby. 

And believe it or not, sometimes the air conditioning can be too cold for a little one! 

Alas that I didn't realize how slippery both fabrics were, and my honest beginner's efforts resulted in a product whose sides and edges didn't quite come out right -- but the recipients were happy anyhow, for the love and thought that went into it.  The baby wasn't critical, either, LOL

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 10
Jean R replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 5:36 PM

Will look forward to Mystery Quilt 8, 

What month will it be starting?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 2,940
Sheila replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 5:50 PM

I just took a look at my Production Schedule (Post-Its stuck to a wall) and see only 9 quilts in various stages of doneness, (all are my projects from scratch), and probably a dozen or so customer quilts will be coming in soon to be finished, so yeah, it's the PERFECT TIME to start another MQ!!!!  Call me the Queen of Pushovers!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:09 PM

well, let's see - have 2 done that just need to be quilted; 2 in post block stages - just need to be put together; and I found MQ6 and thought what an ideal quilt for all those little 2.5" squares I have laying around and stuffed in a box - so may start that one plus the RR I'm doing, why not MQ7?  just want to use some fabric out of my stash - no buying new so have to see what requirements are, will I have enough of solids (which I know I have alot of that) that contrast.  That's the kicker!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:10 PM

Oops, meant MQ8!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

Sheila:

I just took a look at my Production Schedule (Post-Its stuck to a wall) and see only 9 quilts in various stages of doneness, (all are my projects from scratch), and probably a dozen or so customer quilts will be coming in soon to be finished, so yeah, it's the PERFECT TIME to start another MQ!!!!  Call me the Queen of Pushovers!

I love your "production schedule" idea...  Maybe if I had one of these, I would have to quit starting new projects.... You know, when the wall gets full.  I think I am going to add some post-its to a spot on my new design wall tonight... One for each UFO.  That way, I'd at least have a constant reminder of all the projects that are in -progress.  It's a little too easy to forget about them when they're neatly tucked away in storage.  :)

I will be sure to leave a space for an MQ8 post-it on my new "production schedule".

Raleigh, NC

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Real post-its have this habit of falling off, especially off vertical surfaces, LOL.  Those who have the Windows 7 Operating system can put virtual sticky notes on their computer screens   :) 

I haven't done that for a 'production schedule,' I'm just a novice in the UFO department, but I find it very helpful in my advancing age to remind me what day it is, and what commitments I've made :)

[And anyway, my UFOs are all piled up in plain view in the sewing room ...]

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 10:25 AM

Bayla Singer:

Real post-its have this habit of falling off, especially off vertical surfaces, LOL.  Those who have the Windows 7 Operating system can put virtual sticky notes on their computer screens   :) 

I have one of those Windows 7 post-its on my screen!  It feels so good to go in and delete a finished project and shorten the list.  I also put projects that I haven't started but have promised to people and feel a twinge of guilt whenever I read down the list.  I SO want to delete those as well but I just can't seem to get started on them.

Southwest of San Antonio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 1,035
Alicia replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 10:56 AM

Cool, can't wait to get started on the new MQ, even if it is a while away :) Maybe by then I'll have my sewing set back up. :)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 440
Points 8,440
Jan replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:19 AM

DH said no more MQ's until the ones I already started are done. :(.  But I can't miss a mystery quilt so I took inventory and am going to set a schedule.  In taking inventory I realized I just need to put the label on and wash MQ 3, I am binding MQ 4 right now as this weeks project, MQ 6 was finished on time and is on my GD bed, and MQ 7 was presented to a local family who had lost their son in a drive by shooting in December.  That just leaves MQ 5 which only needs borders quilted and binding.  I CAN do MQ 8. YEAH! I won't tell him about the New Years day and Bonnie Hunter ones I am working on.

Jan in Rochester NY

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 5:29 PM

Jan:
I won't tell him about the New Years day and Bonnie Hunter ones I am working on.

You might be a quilter if you hide fabric type projects from your DH.  LOL  I tell my DH  quilting is cheaper than a therapist.....  And being the main bread winner I'd rather have fabric than bread.  LOL  But seriously, my New Year's Day quilt is just waiting for its borders to be sewn on and Bonnie's will have to wait a while.  I'm going to use it as a leaders/enders project.  I changed the colors a little bit too.  Wanted more turquoise and less green.

Page 8 of 13 (185 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use