Top 10 Posters

Start planning for Mystery Quilt 8

Page 6 of 13 (185 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005
barbjahay replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 2:08 PM

Forgot to mention, for those of you who have problems with 1/4 inch seams.  I use my 1/4 strip piecing foot on just about any sewing. It i is 1/4 inch foot that has a guide on the side of it.  Not just for long strips, I use it to piece triangles and piecing blocks too. If you have one, use it, If you don't see if you can get one for your make and model, it is well worth it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 4:14 PM

Well I know I said no purple,  put I just checked my stash and I have this lovely PLUM solid.  thats not purple is it???  I also have a lavander,  would that be a good enough contrast?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

there's a tip from one of the craftsy classes that I'm eager to try -- build up several layers of sticky notes and paste it on the throat place as a sort of wall to guide a quarter-inch seam! 

I have a simple old machine, just straight and zigzag; the needle can be positioned left, right, and center.  If I position it toward the right, the edge of my regular presser foot is just at the quarter-inch mark.  I need to focus intently on the presser foot as I sew, though, and I think that the stack of stickynotes will give me a little more ease.

[I did buy a new machine last year, but I've been reading the instruction book and haven't had the nerve to actually use the machine LOL ]

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400

So do these tonal vine pattern read as solids?   I have several pieces that would contrast nicely with each other. I sort of went wild the last time I placed a Marshall's order.   http://www.marshalldrygoodswholesale.com/108-inch-tonal-vineyard/cat_108.html

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

that's the throat PLATE not place -- sorry for the poor proofreading!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 380
lsweaver2 replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 5:13 PM

Hi Nana,

How do I get on the notification list for MQ8 that is slated to begin in March?  Thanks in advance! Linda Weaver.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 5:19 PM

Bayla this works very well.  I bought a "gage" it looks like a 2 inch rule with holes in it.  you put the needle down in the hole marked 1/4 and then put the pressure foot down.  make sure it is straight, then line up the post it notes for and exact 1/4 seam.  The guide cost me 3 dollars.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 5:29 PM

Brigit-Carol:
So do these tonal vine pattern read as solids? 

In my mind they do!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 11:13 PM

Bridget .         Yes those would read as solid.    Beautiful fabrics

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 11:18 PM

Linda .      There isn.t . a notification on the mystery quilts .   Just keep checking back with us.   I should have everything ready to start around the 15th of March

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 11:18 PM

Linda .      There isn.t . a notification on the mystery quilts .   Just keep checking back with us.   I should have everything ready to start around the 15th of March

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 95
Melissa replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 8:12 AM

Hi,

I actually am a new quilter, and have been wanting to do a nystery quilt.  I can not wait until this comes out.

Melissa

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

You've come to the right place for support and encouragement, Melissa!  I'm just recently 'graduated' from 'new' to 'confident beginner' and I'm grateful to everyone who's helped along the way!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

Nana, you are not helping me at all! Because of my son and Family moving in with me my stash is almost impossible to get to. Because of this I have more or less dropped out of the Block Base Sew Along. It was just too hard to find the fabrics needed. Like many others I have a couple of previous MQs that still need to be quilted. Hey, at least they are sandwiched, LOL. So, I foolishly started reading this board because of course I would not be doing it. Now, I am wondering if I have two contrasting fabrics in my stash. How long could it take to go through a bazillion boxes? I'm not a pushover of anything. ROFLOL, I will most likely do this MQ.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,911
Points 40,940
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 9:28 AM

Nana are there any suggestions on how many fabrics to use to make the design pop?

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 6 of 13 (185 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use